First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know how the Ford system works, but in my Jeep, I keep the temp as low as it will go so it never shuts off without pushing any button. Helps that it's always so hot here the AC is needed!
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would check with your dealer if this is a big deal. Ford is currently crediting some customers $50 for the auto start/stop delete when ordering.
i asked my dealer about an ASS delete and never heard back.

Feel weā€™re gonna need to have a talk, them and I

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found my first MOD lol

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why spend the money for this when all you need to do is hit the button on the dash? Is hitting a button that much of a pain for everyone?
Normally I would agree with you, but after going to the Off Roadeo in Texas in July and having to remember to hit that button otherwise AC would turn off, I want something a little more permanent than having to remember to hit the button.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Normally I would agree with you, but after going to the Off Roadeo in Texas in July and having to remember to hit that button otherwise AC would turn off, I want something a little more permanent than having to remember to hit the button.
You can't remember to hit one button?

Sponsored
OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree totally. On a normal day, I would remember to turn the stupid thing off, but if I am out of my routine - something like if forgot something in the house, I know I would forget to turn it off. I will be buying this no questions when I get my BB...next year with any luck.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kind of.
My wife's SUV is the first car I've driven that has this.

My steps getting in the car now include a lot of button pressing
Press button for auto seat adjustment, Click seatbelt in, Choose my music, hit the auto-start stop, adjust A/C

Takes too long to get going lol
Taking 1 step out of the equation, while miniscule, adds up to loads of stress-relief over time

(Edit: I'm literally getting the door keypad just to avoid the step of bringing my keys with me everywhere I go. My home is a smart home that minimizes the need to manually do things, if that helps to understand how I roll)
OMG all that extra activity must be so stressful..... having to press 3 or 4 buttons?! who would have thunk it?

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
theres videos on youtube showing you can disable start/stop if you have the trailer package. just buy a trailer hitch wire tester off amazon for $10 and plug it into your hitch by the rear bumper. it makes the vehicle then think you have a trailer attached and disables start/stop. They showed it working on a F150

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't someone mention that if there's something plugged into the 12V 'cig. lighter' port in the back, that the Auto-stop/start won't turn on? Guess if I'm too lazy to use my finger, I'll buy a bronco night light and plug it in there.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why would I want to keep remembering to hit a button?
It's that big of problem for you to remember to hit one button? Seriously šŸ˜‚. I weep for society. We really are heading to a society like in Wall-E

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many people saying ā€œyou canā€™t spare a second to hit one buttonā€. For me itā€™s not about the time spent pushing a button.

Itā€™s because the few times I forget to push the button I donā€™t realize it the damn thing is still active until right when the red light turns green. Now itā€™s my turn to go and my dumb auto shutoff engaged and Iā€™m the asshole sitting at a green light not moving. Damn you auto shut-off!

I swear that sometimes auto shutoff is programmed to pick the worst time to go off when youā€™re stopped at a controlled intersection. I donā€™t mind the technology if Iā€™m at a drivethru though.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man, don't get me started. I think the new truck ads are funny. The "fold down ladder" because people lack the basic fitness to climb into the bed of their $60K truck. LOL.
The tailgate step on a one ton 4x4 is a godsend, on a half ton not so much but still handy. Especially if you are in and out of the bed several times a day, like with a work truck.
Sponsored