Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Deposit is dealer specific and may also be fully refundable. It is at my dealer of choice anyway.

For the most part, just your deposit.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is in no way meant to be an attack on you, but I love how Ford's propaganda wing already has the masses believing their dealerships will be "stuck" with anything when it comes to unsold reservation stock. This is just a way for them to get us to pony up enough money to keep us from walking. They'll mark the unsold units up ungodly amounts and they'll still fly off the lots.
No attack taken... obviously it's not that the dealer would be stuck with it sitting unsold... really the issue would be the penalty the dealership would incur from Ford for selling an ordered Bronco to someone other than the reservation holder.

We don't know what the penalty is exactly, but we do know from the dealerships that they aren't interested in suffering it, even if it meant markup on the unwanted Bronco.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was talking to my dealer they weren't sure what deposit they'd require or whether it would be refundable, but part of the discussion they were sure about was that they'd sell every Bronco that made it to their lot. If they charge a deposit, refundable or not, if a person walks away from the order they will be able to add an additional dealer mark up and sell the vehicle for more than our orders. They will keep the deposit, if non-refundable, and mark up the vehicle.

So, basically, a dealer would make significantly more money on every order we walk away from. It's in their best interest, financially, for us to walk away, refundable deposit or not.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It 100% is up to your dealer.

If they ask you for a deposit at time of order and you pay then back out they can keep the deposit if that's part of your agreement.
Yes, the money part, but not the build date part, which is what I was primarily responding to.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey folks

Am I missing something here.... Can't you just put in your order and if it spits out a delivery date not to your liking just pass on the purchase..... will you be able to back out with no penalty???
Depends on the dealership, for us yes you can back out even when it gets here if you dont like it we will return your 100 bucks shake your hand and say ok sorry to hear that

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is in no way meant to be an attack on you, but I love how Ford's propaganda wing already has the masses believing their dealerships will be "stuck" with anything when it comes to unsold reservation stock. This is just a way for them to get us to pony up enough money to keep us from walking. They'll mark the unsold units up ungodly amounts and they'll still fly off the lots.
This 100%. I don't like putting money down on something I haven't seen yet. No dealership will be "stuck" with these if an individual backs out. They will mark them up exponentially and they will still be gone within a day or two at most. Dealers use the excuse that they will be dinged if the Broncos don't go to the original person who ordered. Do you honestly think they care when they are making a whole lot more money when someone backs out and they get to sell it on the lot? Most Bronco Sports even have only spent a few hours on the lots at most. With that being said though, it is the buyer's responsibility to get the "refundable deposit statement" in writing so the dealer has to honor it.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks

Am I missing something here.... Can't you just put in your order and if it spits out a delivery date not to your liking just pass on the purchase..... will you be able to back out with no penalty???
I think that most dealer comments, on this and other forums, note that the deposit will still be 100% refundable after an order has been placed... and why wouldn't they, because if you order a new Bronco, and then it is not delivered to you, it will go to that Dealer's inventory (for their resale at a probable highly marked up price).

Check with your dealer, to confirm that the deposit is refundable, and change dealers, if they are dumb-asses and want to steal your deposit.

That said, if you're still on the fence about a Bronco, maybe the smart thing is to still place the order, which will give you the additional 6-months to 1-year to make a final decision. Just be sure to verify that your deposit is refundable!!!

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that most dealer comments, on this and other forums, note that the deposit will still be 100% refundable after an order has been placed... and why wouldn't they, because if you order a new Bronco, and then it is not delivered to you, it will go to that Dealer's inventory (for their resale at a probable highly marked up price).

Check with your dealer, to confirm that the deposit is refundable, and change dealers, if they are dumb-asses and want to steal your deposit.

That said, if you're still on the fence about a Bronco, maybe the smart thing is to still place the order, which will give you the additional 6-months to 1-year to make a final decision. Just be sure to verify that your deposit is refundable!!!
Spot On....exactly what I was thinking

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you cancel your order before the vehicle is built, and that allocation goes to another customer that will spend the money, I don't see why they would deny a refund on the deposit.
I agree, it would appear to be no harm, no foul. They simply cancel the build and they are literally out nothing. Once a VIN is pulled, it is probably a different story. While the Bronco will not be a problem moving off the lot, there are probably many other models that would be an albatross. Those ordering deposits probably do protect them in some cases. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to pay nothing, but I don't think it unreasonable to ask for more skin in the game.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, it would appear to be no harm, no foul. They simply cancel the build and they are literally out nothing. Once a VIN is pulled, it is probably a different story. While the Bronco will not be a problem moving off the lot, there are probably many other models that would be an albatross. Those ordering deposits probably do protect them in some cases. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to pay nothing, but I don't think it unreasonable to ask for more skin in the game.
When I talked to a couple dealers, they said Ford is requiring a minimum $500 with reservation orders. That said, I have seen other (maybe less scrupulous) dealers asking for $2000 or more, with placement of an order.

I don’t have any problem with $500, refundable, but I would change dealers before I would trust some salesman with $2k of my money!!!

Sponsored

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 100% sure the dealer would love you to bail, it would become inventory and then gobs of ADM. Good old supply and demand at work. I have two early reservations in which I am thinking of flipping one. I need to think of the logistics of that to avoid the sales tax.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When I talked to a couple dealers, they said Ford is requiring a minimum $500 with reservation orders. That said, I have seen other (maybe less scrupulous) dealers asking for $2000 or more, with placement of an order.

I don’t have any problem with $500, refundable, but I would change dealers before I would trust some salesman with $2k of my money!!!
Standard dealer lies, Ford cannot dictate to dealers terms of sale. Why are Granger and other dealers staying at $100 deposit? Because its their choice, not Ford's.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard dealer lies, Ford cannot dictate to dealers terms of sale. Why are Granger and other dealers staying at $100 deposit? Because its their choice, not Ford's.
Dealers lie. Creatively at times, and many don't know that we know.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

we are not requiring any deposit at time of order so that dealer is lying to you or mullinax is covering that cost if it does exist for our reservation holders. But I am almost certain that it is bullshit
Sponsored