First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am thinking that 4.7 gearing is overkill. The raptor has 4.1 (10 speed trans with 450HP and 510torque)

so with 2.7 (300HP and 400torque) with 4.46 should be a good compromise correct?

I am so confused!

:(

For most scenarios it will be. Get good MPG's !!! If you find yourself needing a little more pep or if you are more off road then you would might want to "bump" it up. Or you could do choose the band-aid that most choose.....................tuner.
Sponsored

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking that 4.7 gearing is overkill. The raptor has 4.1 (10 speed trans with 450HP and 510torque)

so with 2.7 (300HP and 400torque) with 4.46 should be a good compromise correct?

I am so confused!

Yes it will be a beast and from what I

I am so confused!

Watch the video on here which explains the gear ratios and this will be much more clear and also let you know that what you have is overkill either way....LOL But yes the compromise is perfectly fine.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trail turn and one pedal need Sasquatch. All get trail control. It’s in the 250/350 tremors as well.
No where have I read that the Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist requires the Sasquatch Package. Ford only specifies that it “Requires 10-speed automatic transmission” which is an option without the Sasquatch package.

Trail One-Pedel Driving “Requires 2.7L engine and 10-speed automatic transmission”.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart 8490BE51-A807-4AC7-82B2-F6F92DEC7C2D

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am so confused!

Gearing can be very confusing. 4.7 gears get you that crawl ratio but if DD or mild off road you'll be fine. For the record all of this talk of 37's .....you should re-gear after to maintain performance. more like 5:13's for 37's

Sponsored

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets compile the main questions that are not answered here and I will ask the appropriate team lead at work to clarify? Thus far I have;

1) What is the difference between "Unique Badlands Suspension" and Sasquatch "High Clearance Suspension"?
2) What am I up against if I chose Bad Land with the 2.3L / Manual but add 35s?
3) Will 35s on the base Badlands need suspension changes to clear? Question 2 should answer this as well?
4) What are the angles of the badlands 33s?

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lets compile the main questions that are not answered here and I will ask the appropriate team lead at work to clarify? Thus far I have;

1) What is the difference between "Unique Badlands Suspension" and Sasquatch "High Clearance Suspension"?
2) What am I up against if I chose Bad Land with the 2.3L / Manual but add 35s?
3) Will 35s on the base Badlands need suspension changes to clear 35s? Question 2 should answer this as well?
That would be cool.....

1) That is a biggie

2) That is a good one because of buying one with 33's and then put 35's on it

3) 35's clear but it's has been said that the suspension is limited please clarify.

How is that??

edit: ya got me on that one ...... :ROFLMAO:

4) all angles/clearances will change when you put 33's vs. 35's on it but still a good info to compare.

Last edited:

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be cool.....

1) That is a biggie

2) That is a good one because of buying one with 33's and then put 35's on it

3) 35's clear but it's has been said that the suspension is limited please clarify.

How is that??
I copied and edited from earlier post. I am trying to compile a list. I think the question is in regards to the suspension height being lifted for Sasquatch 35s and will the base allow for the 35s? Which would be answered when the Sasquatch is defined vrs base?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I copied and edited from earlier post. I am trying to compile a list. I think the question is in regards to the suspension height being lifted for Sasquatch 35s and will the base allow for the 35s? I think....LOL

Just how you worded it is perfect !!! That is how they have it listed " unique Badlands" vs. "high clearance Sasquatch"

you could also ask what are base control arms steel/ aluminum, what is different besides the shocks.

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just how you worded it is perfect !!! That is how they have it listed " unique Badlands" vs. "high clearance Sasquatch"
Ok so I think we are set! I will push these questions to the Chief Eng in the am and have him answer or point me in the right direction as to whom on the team can answer?

Sponsored
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope I can help bring some clarity and simplicity to a common question.

It bugs me when I see the same old "what does Sasquatch get me that Badlands doesn't already have" question followed by lazy, partial, or just plain wrong answers. Here is the answer as simple as I can make it.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart 8490BE51-A807-4AC7-82B2-F6F92DEC7C2D

Sources (please inform me if I have made an error and I will fix):
  1. Ford Model Comparison .pdf
  2. Ford Preliminary Specifications .pdf

Hopefully this helps facilitate a very specific discussion for those of us that are reserving the Badlands model with the knowledge that we will have to choose between manual and Sasquatch (I hope this changes and becomes a non-issue!).

My take on the subject overall is that Badlands gets you one hell of an off road deal without spending another dime. It is actually SO GOOD that I am seriously getting comfortable with the idea that I really don't need to add Sasquatch onto my Badlands - if I decide the manual is my preferred transmission. If the automatic is my preferred transmission - then no brainer, BadSquatch it is. I would be fine rollin' on 33s til they wear out and evaluate going to 35's at that time.

Remaining questions that I have not seen a good answer for:
  • What is the difference between "Unique Badlands Suspension" and Sasquatch "High Clearance Suspension"?

I'm not sure what's going on with the moderators lately but a similar thread just got combined with another thread that was already 24+ pages long, which makes it hard to focus on a simple topic like this. It'd be great if we can just keep this one short and sweet without contaminating it with a bunch of repeat questions. So please don't delete this / move it if at all possible - and if you have questions or comments, make them educated ones!

Oh by the way, here's my "real" off road rig so I'm not just blowin' smoke:
I had a 79 myself! Great rig. I could tear all 4 loose on dry pavement with my over built C6 on 4h. Miss that rig.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My feeling on this is bigger is not always better. 33's are perfect for a rig this size. Honestly I would do 35's, but only with an after market lift that could make full use of the size. The sasquatch lift isn't high enough in my opinion. As for the motors I'm going to take the inline 4. Ford has always made very good in line motors like the 300. The displacement difference in motors is the equivalent in size to a pop can. Roughly 24 cu. In. I like automatic transmissions, but I'm hesitant about a vehicle that is completely controlled by the ecu. Why can't we get a manual E brake and install still cutting brakes. The electronics are cool, but they are not needed. Learn to drive your rig right and feel it drive. No computer can be more responsive than your own brain and the feel of the rig in the seat of you pants. I want a rig that Is not driven by the computer but by me. Just my thoughts on all this. Love this new bronco.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me ground clearance is everything. I live in Manitoba, Canada and we get crazy amounts of snow here. That 11.8 inches of ground clearance sold me. I understand there is more articulation in regards to the sb disco with the 33s ( if I understand the explinations on this thread correctly ) but at the cost of 2 inches ( assuming here ) of ground clearance?

My plan was the 2-door Badlands with 165 CID engine and the 10 speed auto w/ Sasquatch. But this thread has me way more confused and seeking more answers and second guessing my choices.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have the knowledge to answer that question with certainty but I would not make your assumption.

My assumption would be that a "High Clearance Suspension" is required to adequately clear 35" tires, and therefore, it would be DIFFERENT hardware from the stock Badlands.
So you started a thread because you said you were tired of people giving out confusing and wrong info and then yours kind of turned into that. Lol

From what we have seen from the head of marketing the suspension is the exact same on the badlands and the Squatch.

It is confirmed that the badlands will have more suspension travel than any other trim. That would also confirm that it has the same suspension without the up travel stopper.

To fit 33’s on a vehicle that comes base with 30’s you would most likely need a lift. It makes sense that Badlands will come with the same Sasquatch suspension just with smaller tires to make room for more articulation.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me ground clearance is everything. I live in Manitoba, Canada and we get crazy amounts of snow here. That 11.8 inches of ground clearance sold me. I understand there is more articulation in regards to the sb disco with the 33s ( if I understand the explinations on this thread correctly ) but at the cost of 2 inches ( assuming here ) of ground clearance?

My plan was the 2-door Badlands with 165 CID engine and the 10 speed auto w/ Sasquatch. But this thread has me way more confused and seeking more answers and second guessing my choices.
33s to 35s would be one inch of ground clearance. Yes the tires are 2 inches bigger but you have to imagine a tire doesn’t get its height all on one side.

if you drew a line through a tire and the wheel hub you would have one extra inch on the bottom and one on the top.
Sponsored