Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're the man!

I'm with ya, the manual would be simply loveable but, I'm old so how long will my knee cooperate?

I want a locker, but supposedly won't be al a carte on the Base and for all it has the Squatch is just too good of value, should help with resale and will keep me from regretting getting rid of my Rubicon.

But, some days I'm totally with you!
Same, my knee is what's keeping me from going manual. Part of me wants a stripped base with no options.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On Big Bend 2dr manual right now but leaning back to Base. B&P will decide for me.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m almost 100% on the 4 door Basemansquatch and will wait till late 2021 for mansquatch. My only hesitation is the Blackdiamond gets marine vinyl and washout floors as well as the mid package and some other differences like grill,,etc.

Really want to see the Base seats

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only one getting a 2-door base and no Squatch? lol.
..... base grille
2.3L
Manual
2 DOOR
Oxford White
BASE/ BASE/ BASE
No Squatch for me either unless they drop the package price or offer a mini Squatch with 33's and just a rear locker.
I'm fine with the base grille, it's the same one as used on the Black Diamond.
I'm keeping my 2001 XJ for beating against rocks and trees! Want to keep the Bronco nice for a long time, just like my '91 F-150 Nite.

2 door
Antimatter Blue
2.7 adv auto
modular bumper would be cool, but may wait for an aftermarket version.

My main concern with the Base is whether Ford will cheap out on the interior compared to the Big Bend.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who wants to see some really bad base model renders with poor fotoshopping... Here we go...
So there's the pic on the Ford website of computer generated base, and the completed silver base from the line. I merged them to make what a finished one would really look like, or something close anyway. That and fodder for your laughs at my technical abilities:ROFLMAO:

I was trying to get a realistic pic of the 30 tires and scale. The Ford website makes all the tires beefier than they are.

So, base from website merged with Base from factory assembly line...

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screenshot_20200924-185432_Chrome

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread c-silver-2021-bronco-production-line-factory-8-

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 20200924_185240

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 20200924_185414

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 20200924_185805

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 20200924_185952

33b0f52e6c398e32ec0ef555e0c48880.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll undercut most of you .

Base 2dr
2.3 Auto
Aux switches and roof rack
Keep it under 35k

Anything else I'll add down the road
I'm trying to do one better...base 2 door. auto trans privacy windows(3) with the A/Z plan ..for 30+k plus tax..

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
My main concern with the Base is whether Ford will cheap out on the interior compared to the Big Bend.
The seat cloth will most likely be the same.

Jeep has gotten away with a $5000 upgrade price going from base Sport to Sport S, for the following:
Leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob, matte chrome painted interior trim bits, aluminum rims, Air Conditioning.
And you are now allowed to order lots of other options not allowed on the base model.

Ford seems to have taken note, and copied this profit fattening model structure/pricing.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve got three builds in my head and a lot depends on what exterior colors, roof colors and optionare available with the base:

1)Cheap Old Man: Iconic Silver Base 2 door with 2.7 Auto and rear locker Tint the windows and KO2s.
2)Holding on to My Youth: Oxford White Base 2 door 2.7 Auto Sasquatch and black top. Tint the windows, aftermarket bumpers, LED fog lights, LED backup lights and rock slider steps.
3)The Kid in Me: Antimatter Blue/ Race Red/ Velocity Blue 2 door 2.7 Auto Sasquatch and white top. Tint the windows, paint the grill white, white steelies and KO2s.
I’m so undecided. The “Cheap Old Man” will fill my needs. The other two are wants.
I currently do not have my own vehicle, I fly or rent cars for work. Drive the wife’s when we go some where. Actually I guess any one of the Bronco builds are a want not a need.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kind of a bummer, I'd have given Ford money to get the BD steelies. Guess I'll be searching the forum for someone who doesn't want their black steelies :)
If not at order then you are 99.9% able to purchase the BD steelies from the service/parts department. Might be able to do it as a dealer installed "option" though. Won't be inexpensive at all though.

EDIT: Good luck getting those 5 extra rims home though. Especially without scuffing the crud out of your new truck.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Originally, I was a manual BD with no packages in velocity blue. Now that mansquatch is happening, I’m seriously considering Base 2dr mansquatch with aux switches. Maybe add modular bumper if priced right.

Figure I can put on Wet Okoles and get better floor mats.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 10DD249E-72FC-45C5-BFC0-AA09AF2910BE

I will just leave this here..

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can anyone tell me what color the hardtop will be on the Base 2 DR? Black mirrors, black door handles, black grill, black fender flares, please tell me it will be a black hardtop!!!!!??? Grey would so DUMB!!

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Originally, I was a manual BD with no packages in velocity blue. Now that mansquatch is happening, I’m seriously considering Base 2dr mansquatch with aux switches. Maybe add modular bumper if priced right.

Figure I can put on Wet Okoles and get better floor mats.
Exactly where im at except add mid to BD. Change my mind every day if not multiple times. When you finally decide please share your whys because I'm making this a lot harder than it really needs to be.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Uh
Exactly where im at except add mid to BD. Change my mind every day if not multiple times. When you finally decide please share your whys because I'm making this a lot harder than it really needs to be.
i keep going back and forth between base w/ 2.7 and sasquach and BD w/ 2.7. Don't know what to pick. Leaning towards BD though
Sponsored