Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely in the 2 door Base+ Sasquatch camp. It already has enough creature comfort I need, the color I want (Antimatter blue), and will most likely exceed the capability I'll need. The only other model I'm interested after that would be Black Diamond.

That comes standard with a rear locker, all the under-body protection, 32" light truck tires, and all weatherproof interior. Which that would also cover all of my needs.

I imagine they'll both be in a similar price range.
This is almost exactly what I'm thinking :LOL:

Except I want the 2.7 on whatever I get
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the BASE come with privacy glass?

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
Terribly disappointed with the locked colors behind other packages. Truthfully, living in Texas, it's just downright unpleasant having a dark shade for your Bronco. My two favorite colors were Area 51 and Cactus Grey, both of which are unavailable on the Base.

Definitely curious if they'll have any workarounds on this.

Also, keeping an eye on the Squatch package and whether it is a good deal. The rest is just frills to me.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Terribly disappointed with the locked colors behind other packages. Truthfully, living in Texas, it's just downright unpleasant having a dark shade for your Bronco. My two favorite colors were Area 51 and Cactus Grey, both of which are unavailable on the Base.

Definitely curious if they'll have any workarounds on this.

Also, keeping an eye on the Squatch package and whether it is a good deal. The rest is just frills to me.
if you want to squatch you will be required to have an auto

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not that I had hopes that the Sasquatch was going to be an affordable package, but the auto only does rub some salt in the wound for those looking for a budget spec.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that I had hopes that the Sasquatch was going to be an affordable package, but the auto only does rub some salt in the wound for those looking for a budget spec.
hopefully that wound heals and they offer a manual with the squatch

Gilveabn

Black Diamond
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 BMW M3, F80 BMW M3, E70 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question on Towing:
It does state that Base model does not have an optional "Towing package". Is there something fundamentally different in the frame/body to other models or does it simply mean that the "tow hitch" itself is an option that you can not choose for Base right of the bat? If that is the case, is Base prewired for a tow and can accept aftermarket or Ford hitch ordered separately? This is how my E70 X5 came - prewired, and I installed Curt hitch without any issues.

Therefore, just in case I have also reserved Black Diamond to cover the worst case scenario.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question on Towing:
It does state that Base model does not have an optional "Towing package". Is there something fundamentally different in the frame/body to other models or does it simply mean that the "tow hitch" itself is an option that you can not choose for Base right of the bat? If that is the case, is Base prewired for a tow and can accept aftermarket or Ford hitch ordered separately? This is how my E70 X5 came - prewired, and I installed Curt hitch without any issues.

Therefore, just in case I have also reserved Black Diamond to cover the worst case scenario.
the hitches on there currently is not bolted to the frame. anything bigger would have to be. towing package would prolly do that

Gilveabn

Black Diamond
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 BMW M3, F80 BMW M3, E70 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the hitches on there currently is not bolted to the frame. anything bigger would have to be. towing package would prolly do that
Im not sure I am following you. Do you mean that the Towing Package hitch will be bolted to the frame? And is this configuration that is taking it to 3500lbs tow max capacity? Or do they currently have hitches on that are rated to 3500 and the Towing Package will take it further? I am just unclear on why the Base does not have that option

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im not sure I am following you. Do you mean that the Towing Package hitch will be bolted to the frame? And is this configuration that is taking it to 3500lbs tow max capacity? I am just unclear on why the Base does not have that option
no. no towing package, the hitch will look like this:
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1594846414070

with the towing package it will prolly be bolted to the frame rails, like:
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1594846540214

sorry for the bad drawing, but do you get what i mean?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs