toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree, comparative to a wrangler probably correct. But raise the price much more and I will be saying it’s approaching mid life luxery suv pricing for a base model 4x4, is it worth it
I agree, you have to really value either: 1) off road capability 2) convertible (unique in SUVs) or 3) style/image; to buy a Bronco or Wrangler.

They are poor values compared to other choices on most other metrics such as refinement/equipment, particularly given the incentives on many other models. I don’t think Bronco will have meaningful incentives for years, unless the combo production of Wrangler/Bronco overwhelms the market demand of this niche.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree, you have to really value either: 1) off road capability 2) convertible (unique in SUVs) or 3) style/image; to buy a Bronco or Wrangler.

They are poor values compared to other choices on most other metrics such as refinement/equipment, particularly given the incentives on many other models. I don’t think Bronco will have meaningful incentives for years, unless the combo production of Wrangler/Bronco overwhelms the market demand of this niche.
Personally I see significantly more value in a body on frame SUV than I do the many crossovers Ford sells. 15 years from now there will still be plenty of buyers for a used 2021 Bronco and they will pay a premium. 15 years from now a 2021 Explorer is an outdated piece of technology that has about as much desirability as the minivans its platform is based on.

Unless it’s a V8 sports car I have no interest in ever buying a unibody based vehicle for any purpose.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I see significantly more value in a body on frame SUV than I do the many crossovers Ford sells. 15 years from now there will still be plenty of buyers for a used 2021 Bronco and they will pay a premium. 15 years from now a 2021 Explorer is an outdated piece of technology that has about as much desirability as the minivans its platform is based on.

Unless it’s a V8 sports car I have no interest in ever buying a unibody based vehicle for any purpose.
Agree. Going with a base 2dr at 30K (or closer to 35 with 2..7/auto) won't get you anywhere near what putting 35K into a FWD crossover gets you, in terms of tech, gadgets, amenities etc. BUT, you get a true framed out *actual SUV* that will still be useful and desirable long after that Mazda CX-5 or Honda CR-V has been discarded for being "outdated."

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I see significantly more value in a body on frame SUV than I do the many crossovers Ford sells. 15 years from now there will still be plenty of buyers for a used 2021 Bronco and they will pay a premium.
Wranglers prove your point to an extent - but it’s a function of demand - not that body on frame is so much more robust than unibodies (for their intended uses). Bronco has most of the electronics/computers of an Explorer and will be just as subject to parts availability of such.

Wrangler/Bronco combined production and/or overall vehicle trends may change that higher resale (or not).

Regardless you’re unlikely to make up a several thousand front end differential on resale value over a 15 year hold period if you appropriately time value the $’s.

Of course almost no one is buying for resale value as a primary factor - secondary consideration, sure makes sense.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. Going with a base 2dr at 30K (or closer to 35 with 2..7/auto) won't get you anywhere near what putting 35K into a FWD crossover gets you, in terms of tech, gadgets, amenities etc. BUT, you get a true framed out *actual SUV* that will still be useful and desirable long after that Mazda CX-5 or Honda CR-V has been discarded for being "outdated."
Fully agree, frankly that tech and gadgets are outdated the second they leave the lot and then your just left with a pricier minivan; though honestly I give the cool points to the minivan - at least it’s not pretending to be something it clearly isn’t.

I have no Interest in ever buying a unibody crossover for any reason whatsoever. Total waste of money.

Sponsored

JerseyRuss

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ah that may be it... cuz the mid package states...

"Rear View Camera with Backup Assist Grid Lines"

Very misleading or maybe just inaccurate like several things on those spec sheet.
Has anyone confirmed, basic rear camera standard even at base? I thought it was a fed requirement now too... doesn't talk about rear camera at all until you get to mid package

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone confirmed, basic rear camera standard even at base? I thought it was a fed requirement now too... doesn't talk about rear camera at all until you get to mid package
Yes backup camera is standard, what you mention in the post you reference is the gridlines, they are added to the camera in higher trims.

Doesnt really count as an upgrade to me... but that’s how it’s being played.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I’m seeing base wheels are 7” wide, of course almost all 33”s require 7.5” rims, so new steelies are in order, might as well go 8-8.5 if your changing them.
I wonder what the width is on the BD 17" black steelies.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder what the width is on the BD 17" black steelies.
It’s listed somewhere around here, either 8 or 8.5 which is plenty for anything you want to do.

Only the base steelies really get the run around on width. I can’t imagine speccing another half inch to unlock a whole world of tires would have costed Ford more than a couple cents per vehicle amortized, but they didn’t.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Body on frame does help Wrangler value down the road. The heavy frame is still there for the platform, even when some of the sheet metal might be rusting. Unibody rusting for me is a much bigger issue down the road, as the body basically holds the thing together. I had a CJ with Fred Flintstone floors, and still drove it fine. Due to the separate frame.

For sure if Ford does not include drain holes in the new Bronco boxed frame - I am drilling them. Wrangler TJs are notorious for rusting from the inside out when water collects inside the frame and has nowhere to drain. Big fail on the TJ frame design by Jeep - they could have saved a lot of people grief down the road with drain holes.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s listed somewhere around here, either 8 or 8.5 which is plenty for anything you want to do.

Only the base steelies really get the run around on width. I can’t imagine speccing another half inch to unlock a whole world of tires would have costed Ford more than a couple cents per vehicle amortized, but they didn’t.
Are the Tire Width on Base, Big Bend and Black Diamond are same? as all the 3 Trim Tires looks same except for the Sizes as Base is 16" and BB and BD are 17"

Something is misleading here as the OuterBanks is the Model seems to have the Tire Width 255 and Lower Model Black Diamond has 265 Tire Width, not sure whether it is a Printing Mistake or by designed.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1597340215882

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are the Tire Width on Base, Big Bend and Black Diamond are same? as all the 3 Trim Tires looks same except for the Sizes as Base is 16" and BB and BD are 17"

Something is misleading here as the OuterBanks is the Model seems to have the Tire Width 255 and Lower Model Black Diamond has 265 Tire Width, not sure whether it is a Printing Mistake or by designed.
1597340215882.png
Oh I guess I was incorrect, non-base trucks have 7.5 width rims.

The outer banks trims has 18” rims which means the tire ratios have to change to still put you at a 32” tire that the trucks with 17” rims have.

I prefer the basic tire sizings of larger tires a 37x12.5 tire is the same size independent of rim size.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Give me your best guess. What will a 2 door base 2.7L auto sasq with aux switches in antimatter blue cost? Delivery date? I want to see who wins.

Last edited:

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Give me your best guess. What will a 2 door base 2.7L auto sasq with aux switches in att blue cost? Delivery date? I want to see who wins.
$39,445* 39,045 delivered November 2021

Base + Destination costs = $29,995
Squatch = $4500
2.7L = $1200
Auto = $2600
Velocity Blue = $800 Antimatter Blue = $400
Switches = $350

Last edited:

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$39,445* delivered November 2021

Base + Destination costs = $29,995
Squatch = $4500
2.7L = $1200
Auto = $2600
Velocity Blue = $800
Switches = $350
Hope you’re right on squatch and 2.7 but that VB is half that!

what do you all think about a sway bar disconnect option for the base? Will Ford offer it (doesn’t look like it) or will affordable after market options be available as they are for wranglers (realize it’s a little more complicated with IFS)
Sponsored