NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am guessing that the base with manual, either 2 or 4 door, will offer the best chance for retained resale value. In 2007, I purchased a 2 door JK X with air conditioning being the only option for $18.5k out the door. With the annual increases in base pricing, in 2011 and with 70k miles I got $18k for it. $500 for over 3 years and 70k miles of use is about as good as it gets in a mass production vehicle. My hope is that the Bronco will be similar, but it will require the base price to continually increase and high perceived value in the base Bronco. I do think that the ingredients are there, but time will tell the rest.
Base price is way too high for that to be a possibility. Best case scenario is keeping up with the 4Runner and current Wrangler, both at the top of the ladder in resale.

I would completely agree with you if the base price was low 20s, hitting essentially 30k new, no way.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base price is way too high for that to be a possibility. Best case scenario is keeping up with the 4Runner and current Wrangler, both at the top of the ladder in resale.

I would completely agree with you if the base price was low 20s, hitting essentially 30k new, no way.
I don't disagree, at all. If it was low 20's, I'd be gambling on that myself.

Kelly Dawn

Base
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT plus & Ford F150 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm probably down with that route as well. Pending the cost of the Sasquatch option. One possible fly in the ointment, would be if Ford only allows certain colors on the base models. Hope that is not the case. Has anyone seen mention of color options?
From what we've been able to tell, the cool colors, Cactus Gray & Area 51, aren't available in the base package. Here is a copy of the last color chart that we've seen. Things have probably changed 100 times since then.

Attachments

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m almost positive Iā€™ve moved from a 2dr BD to a base mansquatch and will add the aux switches. Unless the steel bumper is cheap, Iā€™ll wait for the aftermarket. Same with skids. Fold down tray for the back gate.

Should be a lot of vehicle for the price.

Sponsored

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2dr mansquatch about 2k less than BD? Add in aux and bumber and hoping to be about 500 under still?

Iā€™m almost positive Iā€™ve moved from a 2dr BD to a base mansquatch and will add the aux switches. Unless the steel bumper is cheap, Iā€™ll wait for the aftermarket. Same with skids. Fold down tray for the back gate.

Should be a lot of vehicle for the price.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6g was supposed to be my last brand new car. I was gonna go for it and get a Badlands.? But I've been disappointed with a few of the design decisions so I can't justify going big for a vehicle that's not perfect in my eyes. Was bummed for awhile thinking I'd just wait for the next gen model "fixes", 2-3 years away. Too long!? So now I might just go ultra cheap.

2Dr Base, Manual. Wish I could get Area 51, settle for Carbonized Gray.

Won't feel as bad doing mods. Maybe some tacoma takeoff rims and tires. Rip out carpet. Remove one of the rear seats. Etc.

Still not sure though. I'm still checking ads for used rubicons.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

My base model 2017 Wrangler cost $27,000 new.
Current KBB after 3 years and <30,000 miles? $26,000

If anything the higher trim levels pull up the lower level models resale.
It doesn't have the Rubicon front axle, gears or T case. But most buyers are clueless about that.
It just looks bitchin' on 35"s and lifted to them.

Future used Bronco buyers will be the same IMHO.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from Badlands reservation to Base 4dr mansquatch which will probably be about $45k OTD which is acceptable to me for this vehicle. Once Iā€™m over $50-$55k Iā€™m just not getting a 4cyl Bronco. I would get a sports car, maybe convertible, maybe GT350 or M4.

My only issue with Basemansquatch is no marine vinyl or washout floor but I can do some seat covers and maybe remove carpet and spray the floor or something. I donā€™t like the grill much but thatā€™s gonna be a simple fix

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My base model 2017 Wrangler cost $27,000 new.
Current KBB after 3 years and <30,000 miles? $26,000

If anything the higher trim levels pull up the lower level models resale.
It doesn't have the Rubicon front axle, gears or T case. But most buyers are clueless about that.
It just looks bitchin' on 35"s and lifted to them.

Future used Bronco buyers will be the same IMHO.
To be honest, what got me to even look into the Bronco (and join this forum) was when I looked up the estimated trade in value on my Wrangler and saw it is essentially the same price I paid for it. So I get a few "free" years with my Wrangler - which is probably my favorite vehicle I have ever owned - and then get to swap it with a new-new Bronco for a few bucks more is one of the few not completely stupid financial actions I have done in my life.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be honest, what got me to even look into the Bronco (and join this forum) was when I looked up the estimated trade in value on my Wrangler and saw it is essentially the same price I paid for it. So I get a few "free" years with my Wrangler - which is probably my favorite vehicle I have ever owned - and then get to swap it with a new-new Bronco for a few bucks more is one of the few not completely stupid financial actions I have done in my life.
+1
The kicker for me, is that sliding over from a base Wrangler to a Base Mansquatch is actually a big upgrade for very little extra money.

...or should I go the streach and get a Black Diamond? ?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
+1
The kicker for me, is that sliding over from a base Wrangler to a Base Mansquatch is actually a big upgrade for very little extra money.

...or should I go the streach and get a Black Diamond? ?
Yep, my "free" swap would be a Black Diamond or a Basesquatch - so for me I am wondering if I just toss in a few $ to move up to something fancier. Thinking Badlands, but really want to see these things in person first. I am in no rush though (at all), but I have the patience of a small child.

tmal1005

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I beginning to change gears on my build. While I'd love to do a Big Bend to get Cactus Gray, I'd be looking at a ~$4,200 upcharge for the color. That's just silly, I can live with Carbonized Gray or AMB.

I was also thinking more of a rally raid style, but the idea of more of the old school skinny tire look is starting to sound better.

So the new thought is Base 4 Door + Aux Switches (will be adding lights)(hoping they won't much) + (big ? on if possible) 4.27 LSD + tire change to 235/85R16 (31.7") or 255/75R17 (32.1").

The gear change is primary desire, LSD if available. Will do E-Locker if only option to get the gearing. If not, not end of the world, I'd most likely upgrade to the 2.7 for the added grunt and stay with the open 3.73's.

I would like to stay skinny on the tires and hit the 32ish inch mark. If I can do it from factory/dealer great, if not I'll wait til they need replaced.

Estimating that will put me at ~$35,700 (w/destination) if 2.7 and no LSD/Locker then ~$36,900.

In comparison, Big Bend + Auto + Aux Switches + 4.27 E-Locker looks like ~$40K.
Iā€™m looking at doing 255/85 16s on the base rims 33", may even fit without a lift.....I love the skinny tires...only hope is that rear lockers were a stand alone option for the base....Iā€™m just doing the 2.3 with 7spd manual

tmal1005

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two ideas for me .
Both in Oxford White, unless something better happens late 2021-22 for colors.
I won't be getting my Bronco until 2022 anyway.

#1: Base Mansquatch w/ Advanced TC

FB_IMG_1601915777972.jpg

#2: Beastmode Base model w/ 2.7L-10A, Advanced TC, Aux switches, dealer installed 255/85R16 or 285/75R16 (whichever the dealer will do)
And do a rear locker later, when I can.

These tires exactly, Yokohama G003 M/T in 255/85R16
IMG_2537.jpg

#1 is a rock monster
#2 would be an awesome Daily Driver and Overlander.
Love the skinny pizza cutters

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2dr mansquatch about 2k less than BD? Add in aux and bumber and hoping to be about 500 under still?
Hard to say until the B&P, but I think I can build the base mansquatch with the options I want cheaper than the BD.
Sponsored