Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With my 2019 ranger and the factory installed remote start I can get on the ford app in my phone and start the car from anywhere. I've started it from miles away...I can also open and unlock the doors. check fuel, oil usage etc. It would be worth it imo to get the factory remote start from ford just to have this feature.
You do not need the factory remote start to do that. Every Bronco will be able to be remotely started from your phone is you download the FordPass app. It is standard on all Rangers right now.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many people are going to upgrade the front bumper with the ford hd modular or go aftermarket instead?

also will you add the overhead aux switches?
Getting the switches for sure. Unsure about the bumper. It will depend on the cost.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably gonna leave the bumper alone, but I do plan on getting the switches, unless they're just outrageously expensive. Probably won't use them for much; a light somewhere and maybe wire a subwoofer to a switch just for fun :cool:
what would be outrageously expensive for you? $500+ $1000+, i have no clue as to how much these aux switches should go for

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've got a 4 door Big Bend reserved. I'm thinking of switching to the 2 door base so I can browse the Ford goodies. Especially if a 2in factory lift is available with it.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
what would be outrageously expensive for you? $500+ $1000+, i have no clue as to how much these aux switches should go for
I'm hoping they're $350ish. I put $500 as a placeholder in my unofficial pricing spreadsheet. If they come in at $1K or more I'm out. If $750+ it'll probably depend on the price of other upgrades (2.7L/auto) and my mood on the day I order.

Sponsored

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm hoping they're $350ish. I put $500 as a placeholder in my unofficial pricing spreadsheet. If they come in at $1K or more I'm out. If $750+ it'll probably depend on the price of other upgrades (2.7L/auto) and my mood on the day I order.
350 - 500 sounds pretty reasonable. But I could definitely see ford charging $750+ knowing that a lot of people will want to upgrade their base Broncos with a few extra features.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With my 2019 ranger and the factory installed remote start I can get on the ford app in my phone and start the car from anywhere. I've started it from miles away...I can also open and unlock the doors. check fuel, oil usage etc. It would be worth it imo to get the factory remote start from ford just to have this feature.
Can i control the ac from the app? Just a curious Floridian.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can i control the ac from the app? Just a curious Floridian.
No AC control. Just remote start and doors locking/unlocking. My ranger has the nicer interface as well with auto temp...The app does give you vehicle location and that is pretty handy.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No AC control. Just remote start and doors locking/unlocking. My ranger has the nicer interface as well with auto temp...The app does give you vehicle location and that is pretty handy.
Unless I'm hunting I'm not worried about finding my vehicle (that is definitely going to come in handy though). I'll just have to survive without it?.

Sponsored

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have nothing to base this on but my random guess was 70-100 for aux switches. People keep keep guessing 500 or more. Im not very good at math but does that not put it at almost 2% of the value of the vehicle. Thinking a cpl toggle switches is 2% the value of a brand new Bronco got me thinking i must be high when i haven't smoked in 15 years.

Deleted member 11056

I have nothing to base this on but my random guess was 70-100 for aux switches. People keep keep guessing 500 or more. Im not very good at math but does that not put it at almost 2% of the value of the vehicle. Thinking a cpl toggle switches is 2% the value of a brand new Bronco got me thinking i must be high when i haven't smoked in 15 years.
Keep in mind this is for "pre-wired" switches, not just the panel. I'm considering it if for no other reason than it would most likely be a huge pain to add aftermarket and for resale.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep in mind this is for "pre-wired" switches, not just the panel. I'm considering it if for no other reason than it would most likely be a huge pain to add aftermarket and for resale.
Do these wires have Ford Performance stamped on them? Not wiring the shuttle here. Either way, I hope to be getting them too.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do not need the factory remote start to do that. Every Bronco will be able to be remotely started from your phone is you download the FordPass app. It is standard on all Rangers right now.
Thanks for that piece of info :cool:(y) ... I was wondering about how remote start would work for the base model cause we can't get the MID package for our base model.
Sponsored