Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It that really on the base! Pumped up even more now as I thought that was a higher trim features! Although I must say the lane assist can piss me off at times.
In the B&P, if you click through Standard Package and then Packages, it's listed, so it should be included.

On another note, how are all you happy Base people passing the time till you place your orders?

I saved every image of my build - exterior, interior, doors and roof on and off, even the powertrain - as jpeg files in a folder, then I uploaded it as a slideshow to my desktop. Pretty cool, and motivates me to sit here at my desk and work so I can pay for this thing.

Toying with the idea of having a calendar made for the holidays with a different image for each month of the year. I might photoshop Santa in the front seat and Rudolph on the hood for December. Maybe Father New Year for January, St Valentine for February, a St Patrick's Leprechaun for March, the Easter Bunny...my mom for Mother's Day, Dad for June...and a big fat bow on top for July, for my birthday. I hope. A July delivery would be terrific.

Happy holidays to me!
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
On another note, how are all you happy Base people passing the time till you place your orders?
Basically built mine over and over until I got the bare necessities from factory (except mod bumper and upgraded bash plates). Based on options avail now. $31,760
All the other DIO I can add anytime so no need to get now.
Once they add MT + Sasquatch to bnp I will re-evaluate.

I hope they add mt+Sasquatch soon. That way I'll know whether to place order in December or wait.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screenshot_20201027-210909_Chrome
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screenshot_20201027-210858_Chrome

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The grey MIC top and Velocity Blue look good together.
I'll put it here in the Base model thread because I'll get much less hate. I like the MIC top with all colors actually. While white is classic, I think it looks odd on this modern iteration of the Bronco. Same with Black, just doesn't look right TO ME. Now, body color? Yeah, that would be sweet. (Carb Gray/Carb gray MIC is high on my color chsice list)

I couldn't be happier with my Base model build and am toying with a BB with MT, I think these are the sweet spots for a value build.

CaptHugemeat

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 CTS-V, 2022 Model Y Perf.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guys, I need some help here. I'm seriously torn and just need some advice and/or opinions. I'm looking to get a Bronco for one of my DD's, but also to finally hit some more serious Colorado trails. I'm trying to decide between a base with Sasquatch, or the BL with no Sasquatch.

Does anybody have an opinion on what would be better value for what I want to do. Obviously I know that price of the base is good for the value, but the BL is going to be somewhat better for the trails.

I'm just trying to see what y'all think and if the price increase for the BL is worth it and if the base will be just as capable without some of the BL features and without the rock-crawl GOAT mode.

Finally, if this has been discussed somewhere else, please let me know. Thanks!

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guys, I need some help here. I'm seriously torn and just need some advice and/or opinions. I'm looking to get a Bronco for one of my DD's, but also to finally hit some more serious Colorado trails. I'm trying to decide between a base with Sasquatch, or the BL with no Sasquatch.

Does anybody have an opinion on what would be better value for what I want to do. Obviously I know that price of the base is good for the value, but the BL is going to be somewhat better for the trails.

I'm just trying to see what y'all think and if the price increase for the BL is worth it and if the base will be just as capable without some of the BL features and without the rock-crawl GOAT mode.

I'd say if money is no object the BL is the way to go. 33's would be better on a DD and disco would be nice on the trails. If money is a serious consideration Base Sas for sure. You could switch to milder tires later if you find the 35 MT's to much for a DD.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the best value is hands down the Base w/MT, Base+2.7auto, or Base+Sasquatch. I've run the math on all the builds with all the options. These are the best bang for your buck builds and leave room for a lot of aftermarket customization. The base with some aftermarket 32" or 33" tires will get you pretty far offroad but it's hard to pass up the value that the Sasquatch adds.

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the best value is hands down the Base w/MT, Base+2.7auto, or Base+Sasquatch. I've run the math on all the builds with all the options. These are the best bang for your buck builds and leave room for a lot of aftermarket customization. The base with some aftermarket 32" or 33" tires will get you pretty far offroad but it's hard to pass up the value that the Sasquatch adds.
You're correct. People on the higher trims are bitching constantly about this or that not being included with various trims/packages. Granted Ford could've done a much better job communicating in general about all of this. But the people complaining are your average "bought" vs. "built" buyer. They want everything put on for them from the factory because they have absolutely no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, and aren't willing to learn either. If they ran the numbers in their head, NOBODY would be getting a Wildtrack, there's just no point. FE buyers in my view are the only ones with any ground to stand on for complaints: they were sold a "Unique" vehicle, but basically got screwed with interior color choice and no real "unique" features at all. You wanted "signature headlamps" on your Big Bend? Great! pay up! Just like every other manufacturer, you gotta pay to play.

I'm just sitting back waiting for next year in peace because I know myself: I'm not going to drive all the way across the country to take on Rubicon or Moab, all I need is 4WD to get onto the beach to go camping. 4WD is mandatory for that (per local regs), or I'd have been perfectly happy taking my 2WD Frontier out there and not be here at all. Base is the best bang-for-buck vehicle in the segment right now by the looks of it. I was thinking Base owners would get totally screwed and that we'd have to pay for A/C, CarPlay, Hardtops, etc. Everything that Jeep has been doing for years. If they offered a Green/Brown color choice I wouldn't even lease my reservation, I'd buy it. My plan is to drive this one for a few years and then once they get new colors, turn it in for a forest green or (hopefully tan) Bronco base.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll put it here in the Base model thread because I'll get much less hate. I like the MIC top with all colors actually. While white is classic, I think it looks odd on this modern iteration of the Bronco. Same with Black, just doesn't look right TO ME. Now, body color? Yeah, that would be sweet. (Carb Gray/Carb gray MIC is high on my color chsice list)

I couldn't be happier with my Base model build and am toying with a BB with MT, I think these are the sweet spots for a value build.
I didn’t really have a dislike of the grey MIC color, but all the mismatching black and greys between the wheel flares, grills, top, handles, it just doesn’t feel like it was well thought out.
I would be pissed if I was getting the Wildtrak and they are now substituting the MIC. It doesn’t look right on the “luxury” trims compared to the glossy black modular top that is supposed to be there.

Last edited:

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with dgorsett, base with Sasquatch is the absolute best value but as a dd I would go with a BL. The sway bar auto disconnect is a great piece (in theory, I’m hoping Ford pulls it off) I think it’s less necessary for 99.9% of people. That’s some extreme off roading and there are definitely members here that will need it, for me I’ll probably just drive around that obstacle in my base Sasquatch.

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't like the standard wheels and tires so I may go with some aftermarket 17" wheels with 33" tires. Will this be an issue with the 3.73 open style rear axle? What is an open style rear axle?
My truck has ~33" tires, 2.7 A10 and 3.73 rear end. It weighs close to a 2-door so a bit lighter than your 4-door build but there will be zero issues power wise.

In fact it is such a perfect compromise for my off-road , around town and 85mph+ freeway usage I wish I could get the same on a Base with locker in the rear and tow package. I'm kind of bummed that to get a rear locker I need to go up to BB and have to get 4.26 gears.

The only issue with open rear axle is with T/C off during full throttle launches you will be painting a single black stripe. With T/C on it will be fine as it shuts the fun down pretty quick. Can always pop it in 4wd too if needed.

For your stated uses I think it will be perfect.

t020673

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was all-in for a 4dr Big Bend relatively stock, but then I started thinking...

Base 4dr, 2.7L, AT, MIC HT - $37,285 (Hell, might even go soft top - $36,590)
Big Bend 4dr, 2.3L, MT, MIC HT - $38,070

I can get a nice set of wheels/tires aftermarket for $1,500 and still be under $40K for a pretty well equipped base.

I just wish I could get A51 or CG....
Same...

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the little luxuries in the higher trims are just so tempting to my older self, hard to resist!!

But...I originally wanted to get back to basics with a fun open top off road vehicle, so going to stick with my original plan and go Base+2.7+Sasquatch. Only things I'll do is get manual disconnect sway bar links, tint the rear glass, and maybe install some heated seats.

My only concern now is being pushed to the back of the build line by Ford so they can build all the pricier models first.
Sponsored