Base Model Bronco Thread

t020673

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
I was all-in for a 4dr Big Bend relatively stock, but then I started thinking...

Base 4dr, 2.7L, AT, MIC HT - $37,285 (Hell, might even go soft top - $36,590)
Big Bend 4dr, 2.3L, MT, MIC HT - $38,070

I can get a nice set of wheels/tires aftermarket for $1,500 and still be under $40K for a pretty well equipped base.

I just wish I could get A51 or CG....
Same...

Advertisement

TrailDust

Base
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F-250, '17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins
All the little luxuries in the higher trims are just so tempting to my older self, hard to resist!!

But...I originally wanted to get back to basics with a fun open top off road vehicle, so going to stick with my original plan and go Base+2.7+Sasquatch. Only things I'll do is get manual disconnect sway bar links, tint the rear glass, and maybe install some heated seats.

My only concern now is being pushed to the back of the build line by Ford so they can build all the pricier models first.

Bikeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 & 2003 Toyota 4Runner, 2013 Tesla Model S
My hope is any Sasquatch gets head of the line privileges on build priority in the Ford plant. I understand Ford wanting the First Editions out first, as well as the Badlands and Wildtracks, but anything Sasquatch should get some early love too right?

Rhino67

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
I appreciate all the info in here fellas. Definitely thinking base is the way to go. Anybody know if get the Molle on the back of the seats comes with all trims? Not even sure I'd use it, but seems like a cool idea.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate all the info in here fellas. Definitely thinking base is the way to go. Anybody know if get the Molle on the back of the seats comes with all trims? Not even sure I'd use it, but seems like a cool idea.
It does not come on the base.
I will be adding waterproof seat covers and an aftermarket molle to the back.

30ips

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Basically built mine over and over until I got the bare necessities from factory (except mod bumper and upgraded bash plates). Based on options avail now. $31,760
All the other DIO I can add anytime so no need to get now.
Once they add MT + Sasquatch to bnp I will re-evaluate.

I hope they add mt+Sasquatch soon. That way I'll know whether to place order in December or wait.
Screenshot_20201027-210909_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-210858_Chrome.jpg
This is my build. Exactly. Except I’m thinking capable bumper depending on whether or not it‘s a DIO and does/does not come with the pictured fog lights.

Chrism81

Base
First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Clubs

Oooo, the modular bumper plot thickens. I like that setup.
First time I saw lights on the modular so even though they don't come with it at lease we know we can attach them. Plus the modular comes with the upgraded bash plates. When I click on the capable bumper I lose the bash plate. I can always throw on a cheap pair of amazon lights to the modular 😂

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord, (prior) 88 Bronco Custom 4.9
This is my build. Exactly. Except I’m thinking capable bumper depending on whether or not it‘s a DIO and does/does not come with the pictured fog lights.
I like the modular look better, and I wanted the upgraded bash plate that comes with it. Being that you get both, it's not a bad deal at all for both. Probably cost the same aftermarket, and would take 6 months/year to get it.
I think the capable is plastic, but I can't tell for sure. Need metal bumper for my parking garage. Too many people like to rub bumpers in there, tired of it.

Incognito

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Looks like you can add lights to the modular. This pic popped up today

1603933708712.png
In other news;

See how the lower control arm is level, not angled down?

Either the Saquatch suspension is super soft, and easily pulled down by a little weight, or that's a regular Badlands suspension with 35" tires added on.

Advertisement

Advertisement