First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, an aftermarket hitch will be available in a few months. By then you would also probably be able to get one from a junked Bronc.
Thank you all for your input. Hitch is a big deal for me, have to haul a boat and possibly a overland trailer in the future. Lol
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you all for your input. Hitch is a big deal for me, have to haul a boat and possibly a overland trailer in the future. Lol
It's not that the base doesn't tow, they give tow ratings for the base. You just can't get it from factory

Hagen0201

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not that the base doesn't tow, they give tow ratings for the base. You just can't get it from factory
That's what I figured, I just thought I was missing something on the build and price, if that was correct or not.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's what I figured, I just thought I was missing something on the build and price, if that was correct or not.
Jeep has pulled the same stunt for over 15 years.
You can't get the tow package on the base Sport model, so the mechanically uninclined step up $5000 to the Sport S, and then only add the $600 tow package.
Which can be had on Amazon for $80.
Padding the profit margins on the clueless and toolless, is good.

Sponsored

Hagen0201

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only other worry I would have is with having the carpet interior. Being as I want to take top off as much as possible. And not sure I want the hassle of drying the carpet. Idk I've never had to worry about that before, ive always owned trucks

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only other worry I would have is with having the carpet interior. Being as I want to take top off as much as possible. And not sure I want the hassle of drying the carpet. Idk I've never had to worry about that before, ive always owned trucks
I agree, however the floor liner mats seem to look real nice and wrap around the whole foot area well.

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to have an old 4Runner, always had the top off all summer. It got rained on plenty of times soaking the interior down, carpet and cloth seats. Always dried out fine for me, but that was in Denver where the air is pretty dry. I plan on doing the same with the Bronco, but will order a bimini to throw on if there is a chance of showers, hopefully it will keep most of the interior from being soaked.

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep has pulled the same stunt for over 15 years.
You can't get the tow package on the base Sport model, so the mechanically uninclined step up $5000 to the Sport S, and then only add the $600 tow package.
Which can be had on Amazon for $80.
Padding the profit margins on the clueless and toolless, is good.
Mostly true, and I installed my own hitch on my Sport for like 50 bucks, but you're going to miss out on the wiring harness required for larger loads that have lights and need electricity. For the JL you can also get the wiring harness kit after the fact, but it's a lot more money than just a 50-dollar receiver hitch and a much more complicated install, some would say highly recommended you have a mechanic do it.

If Bronco is gonna be roughly the same situation, I for one will just upgrade to BB to get the harness kit from the factory. I do a lot of self installs on my JL, but when it comes to something as important as wiring/stability for a hitch that could be towing something large and could prove very hazardous if something goes wrong on the road, I'll play it safe.

Bronco55

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 2007 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw this briefly mentioned a few pages back, but do with think us Base people are going to get pushed back to the end of the production line?

I could see how there is a good chance of this as Ford is likely making the least margin on the Base and there are less of us compared to the higher models, but there is definitely less that goes into a Base and less to hold up the builds.

Curious as to what others thoughts are...

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw this briefly mentioned a few pages back, but do with think us Base people are going to get pushed back to the end of the production line?

I could see how there is a good chance of this as Ford is likely making the least margin on the Base and there are less of us compared to the higher models, but there is definitely less that goes into a Base and less to hold up the builds.

Curious as to what others thoughts are...
Nah, I think Ford likes us poors. If they didn't, they would have stuck us with navy pier interiors and mismatched stitching and accents.

Just kidding :) Who knows how production will play out. Everything else has been totally unpredictable.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands