Base Model Bronco Thread

B. Ron CO

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I was confused about ford co-pilot 360 technology on the base and contacted ford through their website. The representative on the chat sent me a link to some info. It said:

WHAT IS FORD CO-PILOT360?
Ford officially debuted its Co-Pilot360 suite in 2018 with the 2019 model year Fusion sedan. The system represented a leap forward into how the company bundled their safety tech while demonstrating the way forward for future vehicles. The system currently includes five safety systems and will be standard on all Ford and Lincoln vehicles from the 2020 model year onwards. Take a look at each of these five systems and how they help drivers stay safe in various situations.

1603833640965.png

If this is true, I'm now 100% going base.
I hope that’s true but those features are also specifically highlighted as part of the Mid package in Ford’s documentation:

MID​
Two-door Intelligent Access with lock and unlock functionality, 110V/150W AC power outlet, ambient footwell lighting, auto-dimming rearview mirror, dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, heated front seats, illuminated visor mirrors, Remote Start System (automatic transmission only), Reverse Sensing System, subscription navigation with three month trial, SYNC 4 with enhanced voice recognition, Ford Co-Pilot360™ including Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, BLIS® with Cross- Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System, Auto High-Beam Headlamps and rearview camera with backup assist grid lines [emphasis mine, and I know rear view camera without grid lines is already include on Base]​

I‘m primarily interested in the Mid package because of the safety features so if that’s already included with Base as part of the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology that’s huge. But would be good to see additional clarification around this.

Advertisement

Hagen0201

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Does anyone know why they are not offering the towing package for base model. I really don't want to have to go to BB just so I can have that option.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord, (prior) 88 Bronco Custom 4.9
Does anyone know why they are not offering the towing package for base model. I really don't want to have to go to BB just so I can have that option.
Because they want you to upgrade to BB just so you can have that option

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Dude, an aftermarket hitch will be available in a few months. By then you would also probably be able to get one from a junked Bronc.

Hagen0201

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, an aftermarket hitch will be available in a few months. By then you would also probably be able to get one from a junked Bronc.
Thank you all for your input. Hitch is a big deal for me, have to haul a boat and possibly a overland trailer in the future. Lol

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord, (prior) 88 Bronco Custom 4.9
Thank you all for your input. Hitch is a big deal for me, have to haul a boat and possibly a overland trailer in the future. Lol
It's not that the base doesn't tow, they give tow ratings for the base. You just can't get it from factory

Incognito

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
That's what I figured, I just thought I was missing something on the build and price, if that was correct or not.
Jeep has pulled the same stunt for over 15 years.
You can't get the tow package on the base Sport model, so the mechanically uninclined step up $5000 to the Sport S, and then only add the $600 tow package.
Which can be had on Amazon for $80.
Padding the profit margins on the clueless and toolless, is good.

Hagen0201

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only other worry I would have is with having the carpet interior. Being as I want to take top off as much as possible. And not sure I want the hassle of drying the carpet. Idk I've never had to worry about that before, ive always owned trucks

SoccerDude

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
The only other worry I would have is with having the carpet interior. Being as I want to take top off as much as possible. And not sure I want the hassle of drying the carpet. Idk I've never had to worry about that before, ive always owned trucks
I agree, however the floor liner mats seem to look real nice and wrap around the whole foot area well.

TrailDust

Base
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F-250, '17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins
I used to have an old 4Runner, always had the top off all summer. It got rained on plenty of times soaking the interior down, carpet and cloth seats. Always dried out fine for me, but that was in Denver where the air is pretty dry. I plan on doing the same with the Bronco, but will order a bimini to throw on if there is a chance of showers, hopefully it will keep most of the interior from being soaked.

jimmy234

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Jeep has pulled the same stunt for over 15 years.
You can't get the tow package on the base Sport model, so the mechanically uninclined step up $5000 to the Sport S, and then only add the $600 tow package.
Which can be had on Amazon for $80.
Padding the profit margins on the clueless and toolless, is good.
Mostly true, and I installed my own hitch on my Sport for like 50 bucks, but you're going to miss out on the wiring harness required for larger loads that have lights and need electricity. For the JL you can also get the wiring harness kit after the fact, but it's a lot more money than just a 50-dollar receiver hitch and a much more complicated install, some would say highly recommended you have a mechanic do it.

If Bronco is gonna be roughly the same situation, I for one will just upgrade to BB to get the harness kit from the factory. I do a lot of self installs on my JL, but when it comes to something as important as wiring/stability for a hitch that could be towing something large and could prove very hazardous if something goes wrong on the road, I'll play it safe.

Advertisement

Advertisement