Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw this briefly mentioned a few pages back, but do with think us Base people are going to get pushed back to the end of the production line?

I could see how there is a good chance of this as Ford is likely making the least margin on the Base and there are less of us compared to the higher models, but there is definitely less that goes into a Base and less to hold up the builds.

Curious as to what others thoughts are...
IMO I don't think we will be pushed wholesale to the end. Do I think the builds will be 1500 First Edition, then 1500 Wildtrak, etc, sure. But, based on the reservation data they have published, I dont think it will be 7000 First edition, then 50,000 Wildtracks, then 40,000 Badlands, and down the line. I suspect it will be more mixed than that. Maybe all the First Editions will be first, but after that, I suspect a day or two of similar builds, then switch to a new family. It may be that engine and interiors are really the way they end up picking the schedule, anyway. For example a bunch of v6 Black Diamonds and Badlands have a lot in common for the big parts, that might be easier for production. However, assembly lines are not my kind of engineering.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This looks like a great option.

ive never taken carpet out. Is there a way to remove carpet without ruining it so it can be put back in if you sell the Bronco?
Depending on how it's installed from the factory, there shouldn't be an issue of ruining it if you remove it.
It'll all come down to if there is any adhesive used to hold it in place in some areas on the floor, which I doubt there will be, since it'll have areas that are 'formed' to fit over/around transmission tunnels and such.

There's also the question on whether the Bronco's carpet is a 1-piece or multi-piece unit with overlap sections 'hidden' under the seats. A 1-piece would be the more difficult to store, space wise, since you probably wouldn't be able to compact it/ fold it too much.

The Bedrug/Armorlite route is what I'm going to eventually do, with what ever trim level I decide on, when/if they make it for the Bronco. Until then I'll either use the factory Bronco floor liner, which would be available day one, or something from Weathertech, which should be out not long after they hit the road.

I'm heavily leaning towards a Base blank canvas and going all in on aftermarket parts, I just wish I could get Cyber Yellorange on it. (one reasons why I went as Wildtrak for the reservation, originally)

Last edited:

bronc_rwc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know if sasquatch package tires can easily be swapped for 33s without any issues? Any issues with gearing maybe? My sweet spot for the 2dr is BL with 33s but it feels silly to spend all the extra money on a BL when BaseSquatch with floor liners otherwise meets my needs. If it's easy to simply swap in 33s when the 35s wear out that would settle it.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do we know if sasquatch package tires can easily be swapped for 33s without any issues? Any issues with gearing maybe? My sweet spot for the 2dr is BL with 33s but it feels silly to spend all the extra money on a BL when BaseSquatch with floor liners otherwise meets my needs. If it's easy to simply swap in 33s when the 35s wear out that would settle it.
No problem swapping them for 33s. I may stick with 35s but something narrower when they need to be replaced.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay....(at least today)....I think this is the build:

Velocity Blue Base 4 Door
2.7/Auto
Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Floor Liners

Want Squatch for the upgraded front diff, gearing and Advanced 4x4. Lockers are a bonus. I may even stick with the 2.3 now, as I'm most likely keeping my current truck as a tow vehicle.

Sponsored

Hagen0201

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on ripping the carpet out and replacing it with bedrug as soon as they get something made up for the Bronco:

https://bedrug.com/bedtred-jeep-floor-liner
I had a bed right in the back of my truck with a camper top, it got wet when I had it off and I made the mistake of putting it back on too soon and it got mildew on it and stunk. As long as you give it time to air out and dry before putting doors and top on it should work fine.

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used to have an old 4Runner, always had the top off all summer. It got rained on plenty of times soaking the interior down, carpet and cloth seats. Always dried out fine for me, but that was in Denver where the air is pretty dry. I plan on doing the same with the Bronco, but will order a bimini to throw on if there is a chance of showers, hopefully it will keep most of the interior from being soaked.
I‘ve always wondered about this. I had a wrangler that got completely drowned in a rainstorm one time and I just pulled the plugs and let it drain. But I was always curious about why the electronics didn’t get screwed over. What about all the switches and the dash electronics? They don’t suffer from getting hosed down by a rain storm?

Maybe I’m an idiot, but it seems like spraying the electronics with rain can’t be a great idea. If it is, that’s fantastic because I will just keep the top off most of the time.

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bedrug/Armorlite route is what I'm going to eventually do, with what ever trim level I decide on, when/if they make it for the Bronco. Until then I'll either use the factory Bronco floor liner, which would be available day one, or something from Weathertech, which should be out not long after they hit the road.

I'm heavily leaning towards a Base blank canvas and going all in on aftermarket parts, I just wish I could get Cyber Yellorange on it. (one reasons why I went as Wildtrak for the reservation, originally)
I’m feeling the second thought, but also that those Ford floor liners are an easy add at $160. They’ll fit, they look good, and they’re day one.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought the lack of a trailer hitch was lame but I just realized Ford is also not including the center grab handle on the base :ROFLMAO:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought the lack of a trailer hitch was lame but I just realized Ford is also not including the center grab handle on the base :ROFLMAO:
That’s because they know base owners are going to take all the trails no hands like a roller coaster?
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 020AABE1-2C6F-41C0-96D6-B4CB3D50690A

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I'm still a Base buyer, I'd love to be the only guy with a total base, but it takes discipline I'm not sure I have. I have the feeling I'll be too tempted to get it squatched at the last minute. Its funny that the most stripped down base model may actually be the "rarest" (I know, rare doesn't mean good, but I really like the look, it looks more like the original to me).

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I'm still a Base buyer, I'd love to be the only guy with a total base, but it takes discipline I'm not sure I have. I have the feeling I'll be too tempted to get it squatched at the last minute. Its funny that the most stripped down base model may actually be the "rarest" (I know, rare doesn't mean good, but I really like the look, it looks more like the original to me).
Squatch it and then put small tires on it. :)

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guys, I need some help here. I'm seriously torn and just need some advice and/or opinions. I'm looking to get a Bronco for one of my DD's, but also to finally hit some more serious Colorado trails. I'm trying to decide between a base with Sasquatch, or the BL with no Sasquatch.

Does anybody have an opinion on what would be better value for what I want to do. Obviously I know that price of the base is good for the value, but the BL is going to be somewhat better for the trails.

I'm just trying to see what y'all think and if the price increase for the BL is worth it and if the base will be just as capable without some of the BL features and without the rock-crawl GOAT mode.

Finally, if this has been discussed somewhere else, please let me know. Thanks!
What about a Base, with Sasquatch and a second set of wheels/tires that are more comfortable, maybe smaller with better MPG for DD?

If you buy from Discount Tire, they will just swap them out for you and can even keep them for you onsite (for an extra fee). I am planning on getting a second set. One for "Daily driver season" and one for "offloading season". I currently have Winter tires for my Mustang. I love having two sets of wheels because it changes the look of my vehicle without actually altering anything on the vehicle itself.

Also, if you think about it the incremental cost of getting a second set of wheels/tires, is just the wheels. The tires will wear out slower, so you should get ~2X time use out of them. You are just moving up the purchase of that second set of tires, that is all.
Sponsored