MrCheese69

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford confirmed no trailer option on the base? I didn’t see that as an option on their website.
Also, what size AT tire will fit on the stock 16” rims?

Deleted member

@MrCheese69, where did you see or hear the trailering option would not be available with the base model? The specifications list the base model towing capacity.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@MrCheese69, where did you see or hear the trailering option would not be available with the base model? The specifications list the base model towing capacity.
I've talked to people at Ford about this. It seems that the Base will have a tow rating, because it is mechanically identical to other Broncos, but it will not have a hitch/tow package. I trying to find out more. Again, the B&P going live would help.

If you look at the Big Bend model, under packages it lists the following as optional:
  • Towing Capability
That is not an option on the Base. Do I think it will still have a tow rating? Yes. Do I think you'll have to buy your own hitch? Yes.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any thoughts on if the base model will have the option of buyer selecting from a range of diff gears? That would be nice for owners who will later swap to their own (larger diameter) tire/wheel combo.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford confirmed no trailer option on the base? I didn’t see that as an option on their website.
Also, what size AT tire will fit on the stock 16” rims?
the stock rim is 16x7, so there is a lot of options. my personal choice after some research would be 265/75r16. an extra inch or two in diameter and a good few tires to pick from. i am trying to decide between general grabbers and milestar patagonias.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hiya everyone,

I just wanted to check in here to state how excited I am for this specific base model FMC is offering. Seriously, a bare bones type of rig like this is something minimalist enthusiasts like us have been craving since the womb. I've often had to resort to looking back 3-4 decades for stripped down rigs that suited my lifestyle since modern day vehicles hardly get me excited anymore.

Reading about other users venting about their frustrations with other trims regarding different hvac desires, perforated cooled boat seats, hard top insulation, superfluous safety features, v8 aspirations, limited interior choice offerings, multitudes of I.C.E. variations etc. you name it; reminds me of the mantra that less is really more and 'mo money mo problems' - RIP biggie

I've been taught by my pops (who owned an automotive repair shop), that many components of the 21st century are designed for engineered obsolescence, so it's increasingly refreshing every time I think of the excess features our bronco DOESN'T have and seeing it for what it is at its' core. The reinvigorated enthusiasm in the standard transmission thread was like music to my ears.

Not to throw shade on any of the trims, but man am I excited for ours!

/end storytime

Goodnight babies,
Ami
✌
Dude! This got me all fired up again! I had a few thoughts creeping in my head lately "well maybe I should get a nicer version"..."who even buys base models anymore?"..."with this delay, I could easily save more and afford an outer banks.' Thanks for slapping that silliness out of my mind, sir!.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree..

Base w/2.7EB has everything I need except 2 options in question..
- tow package
- rear locking diff

3.73 with 33's the 2.7 EB and 10-speed are perfect on my ~4,300lb truck. Similar weight to a 2-door base bronco.

My current power to weight in a short wheelbase, open top, no door, 4 seater ..

that will be sweet!

MrCheese69

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn’t...probably too early to come to a conclusion. I am confused that it is not listed as an option on Ford’s website but a towing capacity is listed. Another poster clarified you can most likely add it yourself once aftermarket parts are available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw this render someone made... when you do it up like this the 4 door looks awful badass. I think the 35’s are just too small for the 4-door. Might do a base 4+Sasquatch+lift and throw some 37’s on it. Idk at this point I’m so conflicted!!
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 7DD7C82C-CD00-4F41-9473-C93037D5A3CF

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does look cool for sure

But after having owned several lifted vehicles with 37"s all I see now when I look at that pic are driveline vibrations, tires that never balance, alignment issues, worse ride, worse gas mileage and worse acceleration :)

33's for me!

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'm thinking I'll stick with the stock 16x7 steelies and put 32s on them, assuming that will be fine since other trims come stock on 32s.

Is there any practical difference between putting 32s on the 16x7 wheels vs 32s on the 17x7.5 (Big Bend/BD)?

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might be a silly question and maybe answered elsewhere but I’ve been driving my xj for 15 years now (200k miles) and have fixed and serviced odds and ends over the years and probably been the only reason I’ve had it so long since so much is easy to fix myself. How easy will the bronco be able to fix? Say coil goes out water pump etc?

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might be a silly question and maybe answered elsewhere but I’ve been driving my xj for 15 years now (200k miles) and have fixed and serviced odds and ends over the years and probably been the only reason I’ve had it so long since so much is easy to fix myself. How easy will the bronco be able to fix? Say coil goes out water pump etc?
Assuming that the Bronco is similar to the Ranger under hood, it should be pretty easy. It helps a lot that the fan has its own pulley and isn’t attached to the front of the water pump. You just have to remove the fan shroud, loosen the pulley bolts, remove the tensioner cover, relieve the tension, pull the water pump bolts, yank it out.

It will be way easier than some other Ford products. Anything Cyclone based (3.3, 3.5, 3.7, 3.5TT) has the water pump in V6 valley. You have to take the top of the engine off. It's a 18 hour book time job or something.

I'm sure there are other things that will be a pain in the a$$ though.
Sponsored