Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d think that someone in the aftermarket has to come up with something. It seems like it’d be a no brainer to offer slightly larger pod enclosures that work with the existing mounting options while offering the ability for 6.5” or even 6x9’s.
If I had the technology id design and sell it for sure
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been going down the audio path and plan on doing everything in a few steps.

So far I’ve done the following:

Changed dash speakers to Kicker KS 4” with PAC BB-1PR Bass Blockers

Dynamat in the kick panels and replaced speakers with Sony XS 6.5”

I didn’t even bother with the pod speakers because I plan on switching to wakeboard speakers (once a viable mounting option exists) and really want at least 6.5” speakers on the roll bar.

It’s made a huge difference in clarity and a bit more mid-bass, but still totally needs an amp.

I’ll be adding the Kicker 47key200.4 to run the fronts and rear wakeboard speakers.

I’m trying to hold out until after I do my seat delete, but will also be adding a sub with a amp as well.
I would suggest using the Kicker Amp for the front 4 speakers and get a different amp for the back pods and maybe a sub .... that's how i'm doing mine when I actually get some time to do it

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Give it a try on the bronco!

The kick panel speakers are plastic on metal with a gap. Definitely helps. Most other trucks I have had there is at least some kind of gasket.
I've used these before, easy to install and work great ...... (p/n NVX XBAF65)

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 6.5 baffles

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be super helpful is someone with more knowledge than me put together a summary/guide with the consensus base audio upgrade. I think I can glean it from this thread but it would nice to have a working post that we could edit as we learn and try more.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So anyone who replaced the 6.5" kick panel speakers, did your speakers actually line up with the enclosure's fastener points or did you have to use some sort of adaptor?

My 6.5" speakers pretty much fit inside the cutout in the sheet metal and don't come anywhere near the fastener points
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 20211009_151413

*EDIT* Found the answer in this post need Metra 82-5605 speaker adaptors (his post says 82-56055, but I could not find that on Metra's own website so I think it was typo?)

Last edited:

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So anyone who replaced the 6.5" kick panel speakers, did your speakers actually line up with the enclosure's fastener points or did you have to use some sort of adaptor?

My 6.5" speakers pretty much fit inside the cutout in the sheet metal and don't come anywhere near the fastener points
Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 20211009_151413

*EDIT* Found the answer in this post need Metra 82-5605 (his post says 82-56055, but I could not find that on Metra's own website so I think it was typo?)
Yeah, it definitely pays off to look at previous peoples upgrades to see the clip pattern.
I didn't look at your link, but assume its for some adapters?

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since we are on the topic. RF power series amps fit great under the seat.
Built a harness so no cutting into factory speaker wires
wanna sell some of those speaker harnesses??? Puhleeze…

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wanna sell some of those speaker harnesses??? Puhleeze…
Get Ford part WPT912 and the metra speaker adapter and you can make an inline harness. Pretty simple.

Last edited:

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Get Ford part WPT912 and the metro speaker adapter and you can make an online harness. Pretty simple.
Do those come in pairs, or is it 24 dollars a pop? Seems excessive to wire up speakers. 100 bucks on something you cant see. If you know of a better deal will you please post.

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do those come in pairs, or is it 24 dollars a pop? Seems excessive to wire up speakers. 100 bucks on something you cant see. If you know of a better deal will you please post.
24 each. I used that and the metra harness. Cut the jumper loop, connected the 4 wires as a pass through and ran the others to my amps speaker in. I built everything on the bench and ran the wires. For 48 bucks (the metra units were free with some 6.5s I bought) everything was plug and play. I refuse to use T taps. I usually have no problem cutting and soldering but that area is hard to get to.

What you could also do is find some Ford speakers from a junk yard where they just cut the connector going to the speaker and use those.

Good luck.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after much trial and error, what you need to upgrade the speakers for the base sound system is the following:

For the 4" dash and rear pods:
Wiring Harness: 2 package Metra 72-5600 (NOT 100% match, but works... sold as a pair, so one for fronts, one for rears)
Bass blockers: I used 1 package PAC BB-4PR (again, sold as a pair, you will either need some crimp connectors or solder them in-line to the Metra harness... you likely need a set for the rears as well but I can hardly hear them so your mileage may vary) *edit* ends up no you don't need blockers for the rears, the rear outputs are filtered at the head unit, can be disabled using FORSCAN.

For the 6.5" Kick panel speakers:
Wiring harness: 1 package Metra 72-5602 (sold as a pair)
Adapters to fit aftermarket speakers: 1 package Metra 82-5605 (sold as a pair)

Last edited:

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well after much trial and error, what you need to upgrade the speakers for the base sound system is the following:

For the 4" dash and rear pods:
Wiring Harness: 2 package Metra 72-5600 (sold as a pair, so one for fronts, one for rears)
Bass blockers: I used 1 package PAC BB-4PR (again, sold as a pair, you will either need some crimp connectors or solder them in-line to the Metra harness... you likely need a set for the rears as well but I can hardly hear them so your mileage may vary)

For the 6.5" Kick panel speakers:
Wiring harness: 1 package Metra 72-5602 (sold as a pair)
Adapters to fit aftermarket speakers: 1 package Metra 82-5605 (sold as a pair)
Where did you buy all your speaker needs?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you buy all your speaker needs?
Here and there, honestly... I could have got it all at crutchfield, but I kept needing to buy little bits and pieces (because I didn't have a list like the one I just posted, lol) Some of it was bought off of amazon just for prime shipping.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Metra 72-5600? I don’t think that’s the right connector.
Sponsored