Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I can't report on quality or results yet (since I *just* ordered it), but I went the "low budget" route using Crutchfield's house brand "sound ordnance" for my 4 door Badlands:

Sound Ordnance B-8PTD

Sound Ordnance™ P-65B

Sound Ordnance™ P-40B

Threw in a 10 ga wiring kit and some metra harnesses as per this post and it was all less than $500 CAD w/ tax

Will report back once I get it installed.
Well, progress report... I've got the 4" Sound Ordnance P-40B's (w/ PAC BB-4PR high pass filters in the dash) installed, didn't know I needed mounting adaptors for the 6.5" so those are still sitting in the garage, the adaptors arrived today but that will likely be a weekend project.

First thoughts... Sound quality is good enough for me, but the replacement 4" speakers are not loud enough with both front windows down. They would definitely not be loud enough for people who drive "top down/off".

I requested an RMA for the all-in-one 8" sub and will likely install a 5 channel amp w/ high-level inputs. I can't imagine replacing the kick panel speakers will help much for volume.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear speakers are base blocked electronically so you don’t need them. You can disable the base blocking through Forscan.
Makes total sense since the fronts are wired in series

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Makes total sense since the fronts are wired in series
That is what I thought but they are jumpered parallel on the kick panel speaker side connector.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are 2 locating pins for the factory speakers and thru holes on the the speakers themselves .... my replacement speakers dont have the thru holes ..... what did you guys do about this?

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Inkedfront dash 3_LI

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Inkedstock 4 inch_LI

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Inked4 inch connector-1_LI

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 locating pins for the factory speakers and thru holes on the the speakers themselves .... my replacement speakers dont have the thru holes ..... what did you guys do about this?

Cut them off with a pair of side cutters or similar.

Sponsored

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody verify that I could use the same connectors for my B&O bronco? I assume the parts should be the same (no reason For Ford to make them different except that center speaker)

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If anyone is still keeping tabs on this thread and is curious about when Crutchfield is going to update fitment.... I talked to a dude (named Willy) and I asked him if an owner would to bring in the bronco to their store for approximate measurements would that be allowed? He told me that they would absolutely love for someone to stop on by their store. I googled it, I'm 5 hours away.. If i didn't have kid #2 id totally do it... So if anyone here is close to Charleston Virginia give them a call and set something up. I'm sure they may add some store credit for your troubles.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, progress report... I've got the 4" Sound Ordnance P-40B's (w/ PAC BB-4PR high pass filters in the dash) installed, didn't know I needed mounting adaptors for the 6.5" so those are still sitting in the garage, the adaptors arrived today but that will likely be a weekend project.

First thoughts... Sound quality is good enough for me, but the replacement 4" speakers are not loud enough with both front windows down. They would definitely not be loud enough for people who drive "top down/off".

I requested an RMA for the all-in-one 8" sub and will likely install a 5 channel amp w/ high-level inputs. I can't imagine replacing the kick panel speakers will help much for volume.
Update to the progress report, got the 6.5" Sound Ordnance installed today w/ some boom mat, and somehow it actually sounds worse than the factory speakers... Not sure how that's even possible.
Also, and this is a deal breaker for me, the tweeters on the P-65B's (they're 2-ways, obviously) protrude so far that the factory speaker covers can't be reinstalled.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update to the progress report, got the 6.5" Sound Ordnance installed today w/ some boom mat, and somehow it actually sounds worse than the factory speakers... Not sure how that's even possible.
Also, and this is a deal breaker for me, the tweeters on the P-65B's (they're 2-ways, obviously) protrude so far that the factory speaker covers can't be reinstalled.
check the polarity on your 6.5" hookup .... on the P-65's didn't you measure the height of the speaker or look at the dimensions when you were ordering? did they send you the wrong ones? its almost always best to go for shallow mounted speakers just for situations like this

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

check the polarity on your 6.5" hookup .... on the P-65's didn't you measure the height of the speaker or look at the dimensions when you were ordering? did they send you the wrong ones? its almost always best to go for shallow mounted speakers just for situations like this
I used Metra harnesses, and the terminals are designed to only fit one way (big connector/small connector) so I can't see how it could be polarity unless the harness is wrong?

As for the tweeter I didn't realize the fitment was that tight. I'm going to try removing the "boom mat" and see if that gives me any clearance.

Just hard to believe the 4" speakers sounded better than the ford paper ones, but the 6.5" "sound ordnance" with "boom mat" (sound deadening) sound worse than the factory did without it.

I'll take a look at the harnesses to see if they were wired with the wrong polarity somehow.

Sponsored

CruiserGuy

Base
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 6.5 Sound Ordnance P-65B's probably sound bad because they are $50 speakers. You may want to shop for a better quality driver.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 6.5 Sound Ordnance P-65B's probably sound bad because they are $50 speakers. You may want to shop for a better quality driver.
Thanks, I had no idea how much I paid for them.

*edit* for what it's worth, it was mainly due to the boom mat enclosures I installed. I took them out and the sound quality improved greatly (yes they're never going to sound as good as $500 speakers, I'm okay with that)

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those enclosures are mainly for water and dirt getting into your speakers. They act like a catchers mitt absorbing the pressure behind the speaker meaning you need more power. Crutchfield recomemds cutting a 2” hole in the bottom of them to allow air to freely flow through.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After going back and forth for a year I decided to opt my 2 door with the b&o. My greatest hope is that the b&o will be adequate, but I figure I can replace the two fronts with components and even replace the center, and still replace the sub (maybe with effort) to retain a factory look.

wish me luck…

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still evaluating ways to get a little bit better bass in the Base. Think I'm might be going with a 5-channel amp, LOC and the JBL Fuse sub or the Kicker 48TRTP102. I like that I can stack stuff on top of the Kicker, but the JBL might fit under the front seats. I'm leaving the stock speakers alone for now. I just want a little body to the music.
Sponsored