Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bouncing ideas around while surfing on Crutchfield and I think I have my preliminary build figured out. The product model number is a link to its page on Crutchfield.

Front Speakers: (Dash) Kicker 46CSC44 $60ish

Front Speakers: (Doors) Kicker 43DSC6504 $80ish

Rear Speakers: Kicker 47KSC404 $90ish

Subwoofer: Kicker 48TRTP122 $320ish

Amplifier (Main speakers) Kicker 46CXA360.4T $220ish

Amplifier (Subwoofer) Kicker 46CXA800.1T $270ish

Line Out Converter: AudioControl LC7i $200ish

All subject to change of course if my Altcoin investments ever turn more bullish LOL.
Not an audio person by any stretch of the imagination, so excuse my ignorance. Is there a reason for different 4in speakers in the dash and the back?
Sponsored

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone noticed a difference in audio quality between the 2 door and 4 door, curious if the sound is a little better on the 2 door because the back speakers are closer.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

make friends with some fabricators. make a sound bar with the speakers as close to your head as possible. there is no other way for good sound in a soft top or convertible. no - other - way.
Amen...the only way to hear music sitting in the back seat with top down...no - other - way...put that speaker in my head!

philjmatt

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just got my Big Bend last Friday and am diving into upgrading the factory audio system, it is definitely a must as the 6 speaker system is at best, not great. I've attached the wiring diagram for the 6 speaker outputs from the Audio Control Module "ACM" and the workshop manual on how to access it to this post. Picking out speakers and amps now!

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Base 6 SPKR Wiri

Attachments

Sponsored

Rieby

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 FJ Cruiser UTTE, ‘16 Cayman GT4, ‘16 M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking about these:
6 1/2” Focal IC Ford 165 X2. No mounting adapter or wire adapter required.
4” Focal ICU 100. X4. Probably will need mounting adapter if current speakers have 3 holes and wire adapter.
Also probably going to go with these:
6 1/2” Focal PC 165 X2
4” Focal PC 100 X4

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got my Big Bend last Friday and am diving into upgrading the factory audio system, it is definitely a must as the 6 speaker system is at best, not great. I've attached the wiring diagram for the 6 speaker outputs from the Audio Control Module "ACM" and the workshop manual on how to access it to this post. Picking out speakers and amps now!

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build Base 6 SPKR Wiri
AWESOME .... Thank you so much!

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s actually worse. And in the Bronco the sound is very front heavy, horrible soundstage.
I guess I've never been in the right income bracket to purchase a vehicle with a good factory sound system. My '16 Durango R/T has the Beats 10-speaker system with sub and it sounds awful. No amount of tweaking can make the audio not sound like it's coming from behind the speedometer.

I'm not expecting to be able to do much to get quality audio into a vehicle like the Bronco, but I knew the B&O upgrade certainly wouldn't be worth my moving up a trim level and paying for the Lux package.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 45085A06-59BB-4F97-809D-AEB0463E7F52
any chance you can find the info on the B&O system as well .... I 'm curious about the Amp, its power and placement

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Idk, but here’s a cool pic of the sub area panel less I found.

Ford Bronco Base Sound System Upgrade/Build 45085A06-59BB-4F97-809D-AEB0463E7F52
very cool .... what is that large white box on the left of the subwoofer? its fuzzy but it look like bunch of wires going into it?
1. could that be the Amp?
2. is that a 8 or 10 inch subwoofer?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone tell if the connectors between the dash and door speakers has the speakers wired in series or parallel? It might make a difference on choosing impedance.
Sponsored