Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front dash and rear pods are JL Audio C1-400x so two sets.
JL Audio C1 400x

Front kick panels JL Audio C1-650x
JL Audio C1 650x

Kicker HS10 Hideaway sub and amp (10in sub and 150w RMS amp).
Kicker HS10

-----Was VERY tempted and torn between the C1-650x and the C1-650 components.
JL Audio C1 650
Thank you. Going to copy your speaker selection. Because I don't know what I'm doing and you seem to know.

BOOM! Ordered 2 sets of the 400x and 1 set of the 650x. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the simplest builds... almost any (even the cheapest from Walmart) aftermarket speaker is better than what comes in a base automotive system, most of the time. Coax speakers usually sound better because the tweeter is better at playing +2k hertz than the mid speaker is. The better ones have coils and caps to tune them accordingly. Be careful of the ohms, 3 ohm does extract a bit more power from a factory unit, but can lead to clipping (momentary power loss) on some music. Just my .02

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you. Going to copy your speaker selection. Because I don't know what I'm doing and you seem to know.

BOOM! Ordered 2 sets of the 400x and 1 set of the 650x. Thanks for the info!
sounds like you're not mechanically inclined either ... even though swapping the speakers is basic, please have someone do it for you ..... just remember if you break something, even a clip, these cars are too new and spares are not readily available .... YET

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sounds like you're not mechanically inclined either ... even though swapping the speakers is basic, please have someone do it for you ..... just remember if you break something, even a clip, these cars are too new and spares are not readily available .... YET
Thanks. No, I've changed speakers before, just never dove deep into the specifics. No time to dive into that rabbit hole, just wanted to know what to order. Now I just need the Bronco....

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Passenger side rear panel

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. No, I've changed speakers before, just never dove deep into the specifics. No time to dive into that rabbit hole, just wanted to know what to order. Now I just need the Bronco....
you dont have your bronco yet? then why are you putting the cart before the horse .... just wait for a couple of weeks and keep following this thread

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@L8apex i like the whole club series, personally, including the amps. You better let the experts weigh in though, Iā€™m only an amateur these days.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you dont have your bronco yet? then why are you putting the cart before the horse .... just wait for a couple of weeks and keep following this thread
Because I'm going crazy waiting for my bronco that was built on the 13th of July! I get a tiny fraction of joy from getting the accessories for it. Nothing else I can do.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was looking at these, can the audio experts give me a critique? The sensitivities and impedance look good - just want to make sure Iā€™m not missing something major.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL422F/JBL-Club-422F.html?tp=105

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL620F/JBL-Club-620F.html?tp=105
I've used a lot of the JBL Club series. Good speakers. I typically like the tone of the Infinity's a little better, but that's personal preference. There are better speakers, like the Hertz, Focal and Morel's... But you pay for them and in the case of the Focal's and Morel's, it's nice to have a little more power than the stock amp is going to have.

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check out my friends in Tampa, Picken Party of 5 on youtube

Reactions: TG3

TG3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was looking at these, can the audio experts give me a critique? The sensitivities and impedance look good - just want to make sure Iā€™m not missing something major.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL422F/JBL-Club-422F.html?tp=105

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL620F/JBL-Club-620F.html?tp=105
I installed the 4ā€ JBL 422F speakers in my OBX last week. Were recommended by Crutchfieldā€™s. They sound great! Dramatic improvement over stock. Hard wired them with no issues. Took about an hour for all four. The rear speakers needed to be adjusted slightly to avoid pressing against the factory covers.

I plan to install the two 6ā€ 620ā€™s once I get the wiring harness. And add a 10ā€ sub in the cargo area at some point.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice spot! Been awhile since Iā€™ve done car audio, but looking like a must do now. Or Iā€™m just tired of waiting for mine.

Couple questions. What did you end up with for speaker choices in the front? Did you set up the Kicker amp as ā€œBi-ampā€ or full spectrum?

Looking forward to your next update for the rear?

Also what are you preferred trim removal tools? I tend to use screw drivers with varying success/damage!

Yes indeed! That specific amp was the perfect size for that location. The power run from the battery and input signal from the factory harness are nice and short. Its very easy to access by flipping down the trim panel and removing two bolts if you ever need to adjust something. And lastly it makes for short easy wire runs to all 4 of the front speaker locations.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bro, why have you just been shitting all over people for asking questions and being excited about installing stuff in their new vehicle? Piss off with that.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes indeed! That specific amp was the perfect size for that location. The power run from the battery and input signal from the factory harness are nice and short. Its very easy to access by flipping down the trim panel and removing two bolts if you ever need to adjust something. And lastly it makes for short easy wire runs to all 4 of the front speaker locations.
How does the Kicker Amp wire up to the factory radio?

Also where did you end up pulling 12V from? Fuse tap?

Thanks!
Sponsored