Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a tough question, because it will depend on how the individual plans to use the vehicle.

My vote went Outer Banks, because for me this will be a DD primarily and hopefully get me into doing trails and more outdoor stuff. Since OBX comes with many standard creature comforts and has all the tech options that gets my vote.

If I was looking at someone who is gonna use it as a toy and do offroading and all that stuff more than drive on the highway like me, I would have to say the Black Diamond just based on starting price seems to have a great mix of everything.
My thinking as well - I'm going with the OBX because it will be my DD with occasional offroad/trail stuff, but no hardcore offroading/rock crawling. I like having my creature comforts (I am going to miss the AC seats in my Mustang), so this is the one for me. I will be looking at options for wheel/tire upgrades though... hopefully we'll have options at the time of purchase, because I think the stock OBX wheels/tires are terrible looking!
Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FE - only game in town for Navy Pier
LMAO

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Black Diamond you can't get with modular roof? I have only been interested in Badlands, so I don't read up on the other series options.
The modular top comes same color as vehicle but in order to get you must order soft top as well. Letā€™s see if this changes.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The modular top comes same color as vehicle but in order to get you must order soft top as well. Letā€™s see if this changes.
That is a terrible option. Iā€™ve thought about it, but iā€™d never use the soft top, and iā€™d either have the top repainted or wrapped shadow black. This would probably cost me $2,500-$3,000.

I am starting to consider Wildtrak even though iā€™d lose the rubber floors and vinyl seats. My must haveā€™s are mid, 2.7, shadow black hard top and SAS. I could see BD OBX and BL all within $1000 of a wildtrak.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just donā€™t like the wheels, grille or top with BD.
I assume you can throw 33 inch tires on the stock rims. There is also an aluminum 17 inch wheel upgrade for the Black Diamond. With 33" tires and wheel of choice the BD will look as good as the BL.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hard to tell for sure until official build site is up and running. I voted Black Diamond and think it will be the best bang for the dollar. That said the Bad Lands is second best. Its also what I plan to get.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is a terrible option. Iā€™ve thought about it, but iā€™d never use the soft top, and iā€™d either have the top repainted or wrapped shadow black. This would probably cost me $2,500-$3,000.
You can get a whole vehicle repainted at Maaco for less than that.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can get a whole vehicle repainted at Maaco for less than that.
I figured that would be the cost of dual tops plus paint/wrap.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the Wildtrak might actually be the value leader. 2.7L, Auto, Painted Modular Hardtop, Sasquatch Package AND the mid package all included. Depending on how they price the options/packages the Wildtrak has almost EVERYTHING you can throw on the truck, minus the super luxury stuff and the sway bar disco.

JK

P.S. For low-end bang I voted for the Black Diamond. If you want a ā€œbasicā€ factory build you get 80% of the Badlands for 13k less. ?
I think the BD is a great value for what's on it. I have one reserved. The wife is insisting on a four door. That means I have to add a hardtop, 2.7L, 10spd and mid. With those options going to the Wildtrak will make sense if I'm close in price. Will miss the washout interior and steel bumpers but I can buy the bumpers as someones takeoff I hope.

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the BD is a great value for what's on it. I have one reserved. The wife is insisting on a four door. That means I have to add a hardtop, 2.7L, 10spd and mid. With those options going to the Wildtrak will make sense if I'm close in price. Will miss the washout interior and steel bumpers but I can buy the bumpers as someones takeoff I hope.
I have a 4-foot BD reserved as well, depending on the pricing, I might change to a BL with high package and/or high with possibly no Sasquatch because BL seems to have 80% of it already onboard.

It really just all comes down to the ā€œala carteā€ pricing for the options/packages. But the Wildtrak should indicate the ā€œhigh endā€ of optioning out one of the lower trims.

JK

canuk688

First Edition
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They're making 7000 of them, it's not going up in value

7,000 out of over 230,000 pre sold in Y1, and likely well over a million sold in 5 years. Yes this will be something people want.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I assume you can throw 33 inch tires on the stock rims. There is also an aluminum 17 inch wheel upgrade for the Black Diamond. With 33" tires and wheel of choice the BD will look as good as the BL.
They donā€™t offer 33s on BD.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I am starting to consider Wildtrak even though iā€™d lose the rubber floors and vinyl seats. My must haveā€™s are mid, 2.7, shadow black hard top and SAS. I could see BD OBX and BL all within $1000 of a wildtrak.
Iā€™ve thought about Wildtrak too but would have to upgrade to leather because Ford cloth seats suck. Then thereā€™s the carpet.....
Sponsored