Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

90% of those Badlands, WildTraks, FEs will never see dirt, will be DD or garage queens, OBX opens the door to higher packages but honestly, my version of BB will be an overkill for the majority, you get decent options at a good price, I looked at OBX but honestly couldn't justify the difference of $3200

This is how I loaded my BB, came to a total of $42,845
  • Top ā€“ Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC) $695
  • Tube Step ā€“ Powder Coated $395
  • Headlamps ā€“ LED with LED Signature Lighting $795
  • Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights $195
  • 2.7L EcoBoostĀ® Engine $1,895
  • Mid Package $1,495
    If I can get a Mid Package on a Base, hell I am going with base.

vehicle.jpg
This is pretty much the same build I am going with. Was originally going OBX but didn't like the wheel/tire combo, and once I saw the interior I started looking at other trims. BB delivers the things I want, and at a lower price. I plan to take the savings I would have spent on OBX and get a different wheel/tire combo in aftermarket.
Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The B&P really locks me in to BD.

Here are my three 2dr, AT, modular bumper, Mid pack, roof rails, tow package, 2.3, rear locker builds (there's floor mats and I think a 12" hitch extension for those paying close attention)

BB is $40,243,00 (this is only build without A4WD)
BD is $41,293.00
BL is $48,138.00

Basically 1K more for BD over BB gets me MGV, washout floors, Advanced 4WD, rock rails and steel rear bumper.

On the other hand it would cost me $6,845.00 to jump up to BL. (Part of this is because AT becomes essentially "free" in my BD build and not in the BL build) I would like the 33s and I wouldn't mind the front locker, probably never use disco sway bar, BUT I like the BD interior trim better, BD wheels, and BD grill and old school non sig lights.

So for me It's an easy choice to jump 1K up to BD from BB and it's an easy choice to not jump 6.8K up to BL so the pricing kinda locks me in at BD.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is pretty much the same build I am going with. Was originally going OBX but didn't like the wheel/tire combo, and once I saw the interior I started looking at other trims. BB delivers the things I want, and at a lower price. I plan to take the savings I would have spent on OBX and get a different wheel/tire combo in aftermarket.
ALMOST EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING TO ORDER, MINUS THE 2.7, AND I'LL ADD THE FRONT END PAINT PROTECTION AS WELL! I'LL HAVE TO LOOK FOR YOUR BRONCO WHILE DRIVING THROUGH DALLAS.....MY EXTENDED FAMILY LIVES IN SNYDER, LUBBOCK, AND LAMESA! BUT THAT'S ALOT OF MILES DRIVING FROM JUST OUTSIDE CHICAGO!! ACTUALLY, JUST EASIER TO FLY INTO DALLAS THOUGH!

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those of us looking at 2dr, the BB is a really bad deal.

$4900 more for the below?
LED Fog Lampsā€“
Grille ā€“ Carbonized Gray Painted with White ā€œBRONCOā€ letteringā€“
Privacy Glass ā€“ Second Row and Swing Gateā€“
Tires ā€“ P255/75R17 All-Terrain (A/T) (32ā€) Ā»Full size spare tire with TPMSā€“
Wheels ā€“ 17ā€ Carbonized Gray-Painted Aluminumā€¢
Interior/Comfortā€“Interior Grab Handles, Front Row ā€“ One (1) in the Center Floor Console, Passenger Sideā€“
Leather Gear Shift Knobā€“
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheelā€¢
and a mud/Ruts Goat mode...

Really?

If you want some comforts and conveniences you get the privilege of spending another 1500 for a mid package ..but you have to squatch if you want 4A so now I am at 42565 with the 2.7 from 29995....

they really push you to BD or more so in my boat, at 46225 BD with a 2.7, squatch and mid. lol

But I could base squatch with a 2.7 for 37680....

That price delta of ~5k from BB is a LOT of window tint, leather steering wheels, fog lamps and grab handles.

and ~8500 from BD adding the mid ...well now I get some conveniences and the interior I think I want...and thats where I am today, BD, mid, 2,7 squatch...

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only reason iā€™m interested in the BB is for a 4dr manual sasquatch since 4dr base is auto only(unless something changed).

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us looking at 2dr, the BB is a really bad deal.

$4900 more for the below?
LED Fog Lampsā€“
Grille ā€“ Carbonized Gray Painted with White ā€œBRONCOā€ letteringā€“
Privacy Glass ā€“ Second Row and Swing Gateā€“
Tires ā€“ P255/75R17 All-Terrain (A/T) (32ā€) Ā»Full size spare tire with TPMSā€“
Wheels ā€“ 17ā€ Carbonized Gray-Painted Aluminumā€¢
Interior/Comfortā€“Interior Grab Handles, Front Row ā€“ One (1) in the Center Floor Console, Passenger Sideā€“
Leather Gear Shift Knobā€“
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheelā€¢
and a mud/Ruts Goat mode...

Really?

If you want some comforts and conveniences you get the privilege of spending another 1500 for a mid package ..but you have to squatch if you want 4A so now I am at 42565 with the 2.7 from 29995....

they really push you to BD or more so in my boat, at 46225 BD with a 2.7, squatch and mid. lol

But I could base squatch with a 2.7 for 37680....

That price delta of ~5k from BB is a LOT of window tint, leather steering wheels, fog lamps and grab handles.

and ~8500 from BD adding the mid ...well now I get some conveniences and the interior I think I want...and thats where I am today, BD, mid, 2,7 squatch...
Itā€™s funny how we all look at things from different perspectives. Iā€™ve never even considered a base model, due to features that interest me. So Iā€™ve been building a lot of different configurations of mostly BD, BL and lately, OBX. And now due to this thread, I built a 2door BB to compare.
2.7L auto, roof rails, sig lights, floor mats, aux switches, steel bumper and bash plates, rear diff with 4.27 gears, mid package, tow package. I basically came to within $50 of my BD build.

So when I compare these two builds, the BB appeals to my wallet for these reasons. For both, I want to upgrade the tires. For the BD I have to upgrade the wheels (steelies do not appeal to me). The BB ties the carbonized grey roof, wheels and grill together, which I think accents Cactus Gray pretty well. Iā€™m essentially giving up the MGV, for the signature lights, thatā€™s it. Iā€™m ok with that.
Also, I planned on replacing the rock rails or steps that would have come on any of the higher trims. BB gives me a clean slate to add to.

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely on the same page with you on this one. The only thing holding me back from deciding with full certainty is the cloth seats. I've never had cloth seats even living in Austin like yourself and with dogs, I have concerns about longevity/withstanding potential rain/dirt...
Would love someone to challenge this thought for me and make it easier though!
I have cloth seats on my F150 and they are so hard to keep clean.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Itā€™s funny how we all look at things from different perspectives. Iā€™ve never even considered a base model, due to features that interest me. So Iā€™ve been building a lot of different configurations of mostly BD, BL and lately, OBX. And now due to this thread, I built a 2door BB to compare.
2.7L auto, roof rails, sig lights, floor mats, aux switches, steel bumper and bash plates, rear diff with 4.27 gears, mid package, tow package. I basically came to within $50 of my BD build.

So when I compare these two builds, the BB appeals to my wallet for these reasons. For both, I want to upgrade the tires. For the BD I have to upgrade the wheels (steelies do not appeal to me). The BB ties the carbonized grey roof, wheels and grill together, which I think accents Cactus Gray pretty well. Iā€™m essentially giving up the MGV, for the signature lights, thatā€™s it. Iā€™m ok with that.
Also, I planned on replacing the rock rails or steps that would have come on any of the higher trims. BB gives me a clean slate to add to.
I hear ya!
And how's this, I prefer the front bumper of the BB over the BD...but prefer the MGV much more than the cloth so my logic is there will be plenty of take off and aftermarket front bumpers and its easier for me to swap out the bumpers than the interior....I see the wheels, grill, rails and steps as easy swaps, but lockers and suspension overhauls get costly and are not 1 hour driveway projects. And this will be a third truck unless the wife loves it, then it will be her primary and the Jeep GC will be sold...but if she doesnt, the basesquatch is really all I want for a third truck but then the washout interior and MGV is great for the dogs...I'll probably be second guessing myself two years AFTER I take delivery. lol

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Build DescriptionPriceOptions
Base 2.3
35270​
Flaps, Aux Switches, Floor Liners
Base 2.7
37165​
Base Squatch 2.3 4A
40840​
Aux Switches, Floor Liners
BB 2.3 Mid
40835​
Flaps, Aux Switches, Floor Liners, E-Locker, Tow
BB 2.7 Mid
42730​
Base Squatch 2.7 4A
42735​
BD Mid 2.3 4A
43085​
Floor Liners, Tow
OB Mid 2.3 4A
44910​
Flaps, Floor Liners, Tow
BD Mid 2.7 4A
44980​
Floor Liners, Tow
BB Squatch 2.3 Mid 4A
45610​
Aux Switches, Floor Liners, Tow

So I made the above spreadsheet yesterday. All are the 4DR Automatic Broncos.

Sasquatch is more than I need and will most likely cause and wheel and tire purchase to get 33's. Everything else would be an eventual tire upgrade, but probably at normal tire replacement time.

The weird thing I noticed on the BB, If I remember correctly, is that the Mid Package builds were the same price or less than the standard package! Not sure why and it's only a couple hundred dollars, but still weird.

And now with "confirmation" that 33's should fit OB and below, I have no idea what I'm gonna do, though I'd like to get to a Mid Package for the heated seats and some of the other stuff in it. I'd also like the factory wired tow package too.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally sold on the BB, I see it and BD as somewhat interchangeable, one has cloth, the other MGV. Mid is a minimum for me. I live in MI, it is cold and heated seats and leather wheel is something I wonā€™t go without anymore. Other then the metal rear bumper, you can get everything, for a similar price (especially if you want aluminum wheels on BD) on the BB. My problem is, I want 33ā€ tires. When I price out adding those to either of BD or BB, with 2.7 10sp, rear locker, mid it gets me into about $47k (assuming about $1500 for 5 275/70/17 tires mounted and balanced). I donā€™t really want SQ and for $4k more I can get BL. Front locker, bigger axle, the exact wheels and tires I want. Well at $51k, why not go Lux? I really like the trail cam, B&O, adaptive cruise. So there I am BL 2.7 Lux $53.7k.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was originally sold on the BB, I see it and BD as somewhat interchangeable, one has cloth, the other MGV. Mid is a minimum for me. I live in MI, it is cold and heated seats and leather wheel is something I wonā€™t go without anymore. Other then the metal rear bumper, you can get everything, for a similar price (especially if you want aluminum wheels on BD) on the BB. My problem is, I want 33ā€ tires. When I price out adding those to either of BD or BB, with 2.7 10sp, rear locker, mid it gets me into about $47k (assuming about $1500 for 5 275/70/17 tires mounted and balanced). I donā€™t really want SQ and for $4k more I can get BL. Front locker, bigger axle, the exact wheels and tires I want. Well at $51k, why not go Lux? I really like the trail cam, B&O, adaptive cruise. So there I am BL 2.7 Lux $53.7k.
Our logic is making Ford happy...

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Our logic is making Ford happy...
I started with multiple builds over 50k, now iā€™m trying to convince my wife that our 3rd vehicle(sold mustang gt) should be a 2dr basemansquatch and would be 9k cheaper than 4dr BB mansquatch.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build DescriptionPriceOptions
Base 2.3
35270​
Base 2.7
37165​
Base Squatch 2.3 4A
40840​
BB 2.3 Mid
40835​
BB 2.7 Mid
42730​
Base Squatch 2.7 4A
42735​
BD Mid 2.3 4A
43085​
Floor Liners, Tow
OB Mid 2.3 4A
44910​
Flaps, Floor Liners, Tow
BD Mid 2.7 4A
44980​
Floor Liners, Tow
BB Squatch 2.3 Mid 4A
45610​
Aux Switches, Floor Liners, Tow

So I made the above spreadsheet yesterday. All are the 4DR Automatic Broncos.

Sasquatch is more than I need and will most likely cause and wheel and tire purchase to get 33's. Everything else would be an eventual tire upgrade, but probably at normal tire replacement time.

The weird thing I noticed on the BB, If I remember correctly, is that the Mid Package builds were the same price or less than the standard package! Not sure why and it's only a couple hundred dollars, but still weird.

And now with "confirmation" that 33's should fit OB and below, I have no idea what I'm gonna do, though I'd like to get to a Mid Package for the heated seats and some of the other stuff in it. I'd also like the factory wired tow package too.
I thought of one more thing. I'm also giving up the advanced 4wd. If that is a $900 value, it puts me pretty close to an even trade for wheel upgrades....hmmmm...

Zoomer6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ALMOST EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING TO ORDER, MINUS THE 2.7, AND I'LL ADD THE FRONT END PAINT PROTECTION AS WELL! I'LL HAVE TO LOOK FOR YOUR BRONCO WHILE DRIVING THROUGH DALLAS.....MY EXTENDED FAMILY LIVES IN SNYDER, LUBBOCK, AND LAMESA! BUT THAT'S ALOT OF MILES DRIVING FROM JUST OUTSIDE CHICAGO!! ACTUALLY, JUST EASIER TO FLY INTO DALLAS THOUGH!
Actually moved here from McHenry County IL. Couldn't stand living in IL any more.
Sponsored