Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we need to calm down a touch here, I hate to be that guy but no one is getting their broncos early. Ford has stated 1st production is going to press, outdoor and influencers 1st. Ford is also building up the show room displays as well..

And they do not build just one model.. It will be a mix of all models going down the line with Rangers
Yea I’m with you.

But the way I think about any news is this - does this help or does this hurt? The fact that they’re producing Broncos a lot earlier can only be a good thing. How much of a good thing? Doesn’t matter! It’s still a good thing! 🤩

I was concerned that we were going to see more delays in the timeline when production was supposed to start (kind of like the order bank date being pushed)....but this news makes me feel like that’s less likely to be the case.
Sponsored

T Neil

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover, LR3 HSE, 2011 BMW 335IS, KTM SAS 1290
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Preface: Many of you know me from "the other" sites but I'm fortunate to have a few contacts remaining from my old days as a freelance auto industry journalist.

After earning its last required Federal certifications at the end of last week, every Bronco 2dr/4dr built starting this week and forward at MAP are legally sellable to the public (note that this does NOT affect Ford's OKTB, which will come sometime around the published Job 1 date).

From this past Monday through the next couple weeks, MAP is in a "Pre Mass Production" phase, running final-form Broncos on 2nd shift only. I don't have clarification on if these will be press demo units or the start of the dealer demo units, but my guess is a mix of both.

In any event, after a week or two of final downtime to prep for both shifts of full production, Bronco 2dr/4dr are set to enter "Phase 1 Mass Production" on Monday, March 29th. This does NOT change the published, public Job 1 date, but dealer demos, press cars, and Bronco orders will be built long before May. Nothing can be shipped to dealers for sale until the OKTB (Okay To Buy) is issued, typically through a series of batch builds, stops, and inspections. It's not unusual, however, for the OKTB to be issued BEFORE the published Job 1 date. This actually happened with the Ranger's launch at MAP.

I can't say for certain how this will impact the exact delivery date of my Bronco or yours, but actual, real production units will be rolling down the line at launch speed in about a month.
Hoping this is true...but it is only this week that Ford announced that US production plants would re-open for production on May 18 after Covid 19 closures.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well my birthday is in September. Early delivery would be great, but so would a birthday Bronco lol Time will tell I guess. Haha 7 more months weight to goooo!

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read an article recently about the F150, and it stated that an F150 rolled off the line every minute!...How accurate is that? And how long would it be before they are turning out Bronco's that fast?
That is probably pretty accurate. There are 2 different assembly plants building the F-150, and here at KTP we build the Super Duty (F-250, 350, 450). Here at KTP we build around 70 an hour, so between the 2 F-150 plants, I'd say probably more than 1 a minute!

Sponsored

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Preface: Many of you know me from "the other" sites but I'm fortunate to have a few contacts remaining from my old days as a freelance auto industry journalist.

After earning its last required Federal certifications at the end of last week, every Bronco 2dr/4dr built starting this week and forward at MAP are legally sellable to the public (note that this does NOT affect Ford's OKTB, which will come sometime around the published Job 1 date).

From this past Monday through the next couple weeks, MAP is in a "Pre Mass Production" phase, running final-form Broncos on 2nd shift only. I don't have clarification on if these will be press demo units or the start of the dealer demo units, but my guess is a mix of both.

In any event, after a week or two of final downtime to prep for both shifts of full production, Bronco 2dr/4dr are set to enter "Phase 1 Mass Production" on Monday, March 29th. This does NOT change the published, public Job 1 date, but dealer demos, press cars, and Bronco orders will be built long before May. Nothing can be shipped to dealers for sale until the OKTB (Okay To Buy) is issued, typically through a series of batch builds, stops, and inspections. It's not unusual, however, for the OKTB to be issued BEFORE the published Job 1 date. This actually happened with the Ranger's launch at MAP.

I can't say for certain how this will impact the exact delivery date of my Bronco or yours, but actual, real production units will be rolling down the line at launch speed in about a month.
Will the bronco gods actually bless us?

1610776511203.gif

T Neil

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover, LR3 HSE, 2011 BMW 335IS, KTM SAS 1290
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Crap....my bad. Ford website is a year old.....production does appear to be up and running but MAP gossip website is just old. My bad guys

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Both models will be blended in, but production is expected to heavily favor 4 door. I don't know of any specific commodity issue for the 2 door. MIC roof issue isn't a huge concern, as the last Job 1 delay was partially to allow Webasto to build up more of a stockpile of parts.

FWIW, early scheduling will almost certainly be heavily 2.3L Big Bend 4 door autos.

No idea, though I expect every mid size and larger Ford dealer to end up with one fairly quickly.
Thanks for the update!
By early scheduling, does that mean reservation holders orders or the initial press units/demo units/etc.?

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like their body construction area built a little over 40 so far this week with about a 4:1 ratio of 4dr to 2dr. All built on afternoon shift (in body. Unsure about the time frame of final assembly).
Oh my! Putting the 2drs even further behind

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So (probably been said already, but too lazy to go through 4 pages)...

That sure was a lot of words to say initial Job 1 date remains the same.

So is this good news? or just expected news? And if Job 1 still stays at current date, then I'd assume it's OK news.
Nothing has changed, the good news is no further delays, yet. Also nice to see it publicly stated that all certifications are final. Most people dont seem to realize launch speed is not full speed. It will be a ramp up to max production.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looking for a 80/20 mix. So 440 Bronco 110 Ranger per shift running 2 shifts.
Interesting first post! This is exactly what I am hearing from MAP, once they ramp up to max production on Bronco. Ranger sales will determine the mix of course.
Sponsored