Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting catch, so I wonder if the spring seat part is different or if that is adjustable?
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@North7 would you be able to do the old B/BB/BD/OBX vs non-Squatch ride height measurement for us? The more basic trim people still "need" that info.
That has been debated a 1,000 times with dozens of bits of information, the answer is:

No one has figured it out yet.

Maybe with everyones observations in this thread we will finally get the answers.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as i have seen, the "base" trims have black generic shocks. Probably not bilsteins. While BL and squach have the bilsteins. It will be interesting to get more info. That spring perch location is definitely different and it would make sense.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zack beat me to it. was typing up the same thing. The reservoir is just flipped upside down on it's mount is the "2 inch" difference between the two.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious to know which one will be on the BL I ordered.

This is a photo that AutoBlog posted almost a year ago

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wonder if the answer to the difference is snap rings (would be a low cost way for Ford to change between Squatch and Badlands):
Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences FC54C26B-A216-49E2-8642-11F0671CDA12

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you to @618TRVLWILD Ashley for get a photo of one of the two Bilstein shocks at a demo yesterday, as shown in this thread:
šŸ“ø: STL Ball Park Village Event: (2) Badlands 4-Door Broncos in Race Red & Rapid Red

Taking the Bilstein part numbers from the photos here is what I found so far:
F4-BE5-M970-W6
MB3C-18080-ARJ

The Bilstein "F4-BE5" part number denotes the Bilstein 5100, non-reservoir, family of shocks. It is not the upgraded "HOSS System with Bilsteinā„¢ Position Sensitive Dampers" that are standard on the BL, WT, FE or Sasquatch package. It may be safe to assume these are the the "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" standard on the B, BB, BD and OB.

What we can see from this Demo Badlands is that some of the demos are built from frankenstein parts as all Badlands are supposed to have the upgraded Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers with the external reservoir.

REQUEST: For anyone that is able to see the Bronco's in person, please see if you can get photos of the dampers-shocks with the part number sticker and then post them with the model they came from.

The "HOSS System with Bilsteinā„¢ Position Sensitive Dampers" appear to be a derivative of the Bilstein "B8 8112" family which are called the ZoneControlĀ® CR family.
BILSTEIN B8 8112 (ZoneControlĀ® CR) Damping perfected

Standard "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" standard on the B, BB, BD and OB.
View attachment 108137

Upgraded "HOSS System with Bilsteinā„¢ Position Sensitive Dampers" that are standard on the BL, WT, FE or Sasquatch package.
View attachment 108139

HOSS System with Bilsteinā„¢ Dampers - Shocks by Trim level
Ford Bronco Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences FC54C26B-A216-49E2-8642-11F0671CDA12

For further analysis please see the great thread by @Werkedperformance here:
BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)
Outstanding analysis. Thank you!

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wonder if the answer to the difference is snap rings (would be a low cost way for Ford to change between Squatch and Badlands):
If it really is that simple then I know exactly what my first mod is going to be, a free lift on the front end.
Sponsored