First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom line, North America is absolutely beautiful and ready for us to explore with the Broncos!!!
Yep, and FWIW, I reserved a BD but I’m also now going for a BL to get the 33s, MT and High package with 12” screen. And for the resale notes made previously.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jenna stocky

Badlands
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, and FWIW, I reserved a BD but I’m also now going for a BL to get the 33s, MT and High package with 12” screen. And for the resale notes made previously.
Any specific reason you are going with the 33 and not the 35s

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any specific reason you are going with the 33 and not the 35s
More fit for purpose. I like the KO2s and they have the snowflake symbol so I won’t have to buy a 2nd set of ”winters”.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just built a BD with Sasquatch for $47,920 and a BL without Sasquatch for $48,675. The BL has everything the Sasquatch package has except wheels, tires, bump stops, and wide fenders. The BL also has the swaybar disconnect. I will either sell the tires as take-offs when my BL arrives or wait until I need new tires to get 315 AT(35") tires. I may sell the wheels too for aftermarket (not sure). I can also replace the fenders easily via Ford Accessories catalog. Honestly, paying only $755 more for a BL is a true deal IMO.
To me, the significant difference between the BD/Squatch and BL/Non-Squatch is getting 35s vs the swaybar disconnect. The truth is, I probably don't need either, but I see the swaybar disconnect as a fun toy when going offroad. My current plan is to get a BL and use the 33 ATs until it is time to replace them. At that point, I can decide if upgrading to 35s is something I want to do.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I think Badlands with 33’s is what I need, but the BD with Sasquatch will look better on the 4 door. I really needed to see a Badlands in person to decide how it looks.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, a lot of financial institutions have settled or opened offices in Whitefish. And, a lot of Condos for the wealthy to own and visit but not there primary residence. Crazy, that's the tradeoff of progress. When i was a child growing up in the 80's, Whitefish and Columbia Falls were very blue collar logging towns.
I did a cycling race called the tour divide 3 years ago and stopped in towns of Eureka, Whitefish, Columbia Falls. I absolutely loved them!

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was in your same boat for a while deciding being between a BD and a BL, and I've decided to stick with a squatched BD. For my build, a squatched BD is $50,010 or an unsquatched BL is $50,765. (my goal was to keep it under $50k before TTL). Looking through tirerack.com, it will cost an extra $200 for five 35" tires compared to 33"s when they'll need to be replaced, and at $2.50/gallon on average (it's currently $1.50/gallon right now in the Austin area), you'll spend an extra $140 in gas per year assuming a 1.5 mpg hit with the squatch vs BL 33"s. Basically, it'll take a couple years at 15k miles/year to break even on the cost between squatched BD and standard BL, so the ownership price is somewhat comparable. I do plan on owning this till it dies (hopefully for 10+ years) or till Dino juice becomes prohibitively expensive. Here's my $50,010 build:

4-door BD
carbonized gray (still not 100% on that, I may go black or wild card with the Cactus Gray, IDK how it'll all match with the MIC hardtop. I'm not paying a ton more or waiting for the modular black or body color top. That's a whole other topic.)
Sasquatch
MIC hardtop
2.7L auto
MID package (wife's request for heated seats and remote start)
towing (although if it's as easy to add a hitch and wiring set up as the wrangler, I'll do that myself and save $500, again a whole other topic).

If I got the same options on the BL, but take away the squatch and stick with the 33" BL tires, it's $50,765

I really want the marine grade seating and rubber flooring so I don't have to worry much if I get caught off guard by a stray summer thunderstorm with the top off. 98% pavement and road trip use, but I will definitely be getting off the road 1-2x per year outside of some of my field sites for work that have massive gravel/grass hidden potholes that I finally don't have to worry about. I'm not a hardcore off roader, so I don't think I'll find myself in a situation where the sway bar disconnect feature of the BL is mandatory for me. I'm mostly in it for the look and uniqueness, and while I think the 2-doors look solid on 33"s, my opinion is that the 4-doors look complete with the 35"s. I do have a slight preference for the signature lighting on the BL, but the regular lighting still looks badass to me and isn't worth the regret of not getting the squatched 35"s. The standard 32" tires on the BD are definitely out of the question for me.

Either way, to each their own, and it'll be badass and you can't go wrong, but that's been my logic and 2 cents.
After reading a quadrillion threads, surfing the internet for comparison pictures, and overheating the B&P page I've decided the best overall purchase for me is a Badlands w/o Squatch. The upgraded suspension is all I really want and BL has it. Unless you're a serious offroad fanatic, 35" tires aren't necessary nor practical. They may look badass but considering the cost of ownership (less mpg, wear & tear on brakes, tranny, etc., tire replacement), decreased acceleration speeds and a louder ride, 33" tires fit my wants, needs, and desires perfectly.

Will I have a little Squatch envy? Probably, but it will be shortlived and I think I'll sleep better at night knowing I didn't just buy a 'look' but rather a very capable, sharp looking Bronco that will go anywhere I wanna go.

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to replace the 285s (33") KOs with 315s (35") KO2s right away so I get the look and keep practicability of the AT tires.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jenna Stocky
Sounds like everyone covered the basics. If you know you can save enough extra down payment to make up the difference to hit budget by the time you get the Bronco, BL mid/2.7 package Squatched isn’t super far off from a similar BD ($3250). But if BD fits your needs for minimal off-roading, you could afford to add a few accessories (Bimini/lights/etc) instead of going up to BL.

I’m going BL Squatch for all previous reasons listed as well as Lux (which may regret if I get pushed to 2022). But I’m hoping my trade in will still fetch $10k and another $10k down plus at least $2k off msrp dealer incentives lined up.

I believe I saw a recent NY state dealer offer thread.

I don't know how you get to the pricing being equal...with both 2.7/Mid/Squatch; then Badlands is $3250 more. I guess if you may be saying don't squatch the Badlands, but then the Badlands is still $755 more...with no 35s. Every time you see a Squatched Bronco, you will regret that move.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't use all the BL off road toys at all or maybe 1%.

But, for me the lux package is a must. Also, I feel it'll be much easier to sell the BL down the line.

Sponsored

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going for the 4-Dr. Badlands with the stock 33's. Shadow Black, 2.7, mid and tow packages... Communicated to my dealer earlier today. Changed my profile details to align with the down selection.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Canadian build and price has a 6 grand difference on starting price between 4 door black diamond and 4 door badlands models. I've decided to just rock the Black Diamond w/ 2.7 V6, 10 speed, Mid Pkg and Sasquatch Pkg - more than enough to go camping and overlanding with, ultimately decided I didn't need the sway bar disconnect.

Last edited:

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am struggling with the same question. My constraints though are more around initial availability. I would like off road capability, MGV and manual. Dont plan on adding any comfort options. I do have a weird hang up on the awful interiors.. My ideal bronco would be a manual sasquatch BD in velocity blue with a black interior (not two toned)and a painted black top. Of course the mansquatch, black top and velocity blue are all '22 items! I suspect the two toned interior gets remedied in '22 as well but that may just be wishful thinking. I could get most of what I want from the badlands in '21 and put 35's on it in the aftermarket but then I am paying more and still left with orange accents and a MIC top. None of this excites me for a car I'm dropping this kind of money on. I may just get the non squatch BD and live with the lack of a front locker, two tone interior and MIC top. If I'm not wild about the vehicle may as well not drop a lot of money on it I guess. Anyone else holding a day one ressie in this bind? I'm sure this will get fixed in time but I've been waiting for years for this already. Frankly had I seen the FE Levine posted today I would have pushed harder to get one of those ressies. But then again I suspect the black interior will be late availability for FE as well.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some off roading, not many places to go off roading on LI. I am going to do Sasquatch. Aren’t the interiors the same on both?
If you aren't doing much off roading, the BD will save you at least $3200 on toys you won't use. If you want anything more than the mid package, you must go with the BL.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Canadian build and price has a 6 grand difference on starting price between 4 door black diamond and 4 door badlands models. I've decided to just rock the Black Diamond w/ 2.7 V6, 10 speed, Mid Pkg and Sasquatch Pkg - more than enough to go camping and overlanding with, ultimately decided I didn't need the sway bar disconnect.
I ended up ordering this morning and went with the Badlands; 4 Door, 2.7 V6, 10 Speed, High Pkg, Sasquatch Pkg, Modular Painted Black Roof in Velocity Blue.
I didn't want to regret it later on.
Sponsored