Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While that is a great looking part it isn't the fix to the week inner tie rod link that seems to fail. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't seen out tie rod links fail.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the inners fail by design in order to save the rack from damage. The problem is they fail a lil too easily on these broncos, as we have seen many snap in moderate conditions. good marketing for the "severer duty steering/tierod option"?

there a three aftermarket solutions to the problem that I will outline below..
1.) bucked bronco splint- bilet aluminum brace that supports both inner and outer tie rods and transfers the load to the rack. He designed a reinforcement fitting that removes the play from the steering rack and increase the loads the rack can handle before its has issues. Both these options over $700.

2.)
A.) Rpg Full Lenth billet tie rods- solid one piece design, upgrades the outer ball joint to a high performance Heim joint aiding in increased steering response and more predictable handling in high speed offroad conditions. The main con is that if you ever land excessively hard from a Jump, or impact ad rock or tree stump, that the extra forces exerted on the rack can cause it to wear out prematurely. personally id rather replace my rack when im home and off the trail vs doing a trail side inner tie rod swap. $7-800
B.) for those who don't want to spend the money on a new rack one day or want to save some cash and purchase the billet outer tie rod end from RPG. same high performance Heim as the complete unit, just shorter designed to fit the stock inner. Its highly recomonedd to travel with an extra inner pair and all the tools/expeirence to change it on the side of the trail. $499

Reactions: Cat

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy got stuck in that last weekend. I didn’t even want to go there for this exact fear.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Driver side was jammed up against a rut. I was turning and felt it snap. I didn’t see any boulders.
Seems strange then that it’s the passenger side that broke. Was it the mud pit in the jeep park/obstacle course area kinda by the teeter totter? That thing has a big rock or something in the middle. I climbed out the side of the pit to avoid it.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My backordered spare rods were shipped on 3/2, so maybe there is inventory now.
good to know, I had ordered them online from one of the cheaper parts dealers and they preferred to cancel it instead of keep it open for some reason. I'm in no rush, but maybe I'll ask my dealer to order them, discount wasn't all that significant. They aren't expensive.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My buddy got stuck in that last weekend. I didn’t even want to go there for this exact fear.
That’s where I picked up the pebble that got jammed between my rotor and the shroud behind the brake.

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well everybody I broke the Bronco. Tie rod broke on my first big adventure. Went to Hollister California OHV park. I went through some mud and turned the wheels then it broke. It feels good and horrible at the same time. Any advice? I got out safe but it was a journey. Bronco is at a shop in Hollister now. Hopefully they can get it done. Any upgrades out there anyone recommends?

F66DE982-6BFB-464A-8FA4-37EF162D1B0D.jpeg

A294A377-F047-4094-8DB5-DBAAC1B02BD8.jpeg
https://broncbustertx.com/collections/frontpage

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will it be covered under warranty? just curious….

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please keep us posted. I want to carry a spare for sure. I hope the repair goes well.

Will_in_HiFi

Black Diamond
First Name
WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr BD Mansquatch, 1989 Bronco 2, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a YouTuber on here, he has the big Bronco on like 40's and does some videos with LiteBrite Nation. His company has a product that is basically a machined "splint" that bolts around your tie rod, once it is back repaired. It looks like it was made to prevent exactly the failure you had. Of course, some will say strengthening the tie rod would just move the point of failure further up the chain of components. Worth looking for it and watching his videos. They also make another part that secures the innards of the steering rack better than OEM.

Edit: This guy right here

EDIT EDIT: This video describes the rack/pinion separation issue, his second video (I think) has the "splint" type product in it.
Pretty sure this guy has water in his 40's to make them heavier.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was young, I had a styrofoam airplane. The wings just stuck in the side and every time it hit the ground, the wings would pop out and I would have to spend a minute or two gathering them and reassembling the plane.

Ford Bronco Broken tie rod. 1646658161032

Well, I got tired of always fixing it so I ducktaped the wings to the fuselage. I was so proud about how clever I was. So I went outside bitching about idiot engineers and crappy made toys and let 'er fly. It was beautiful. I've never seen the plane go so far or so high. When it hit the ground, the fuselage and wings stayed attached perfectly. Unfortunately the rest of the wing shattered into a dozed pieces.

Not really sure what this has to do with broken tie rods. Just some random memory that popped into my head.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While that is a great looking part it isn't the fix to the week inner tie rod link that seems to fail. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't seen out tie rod links fail.
RPG has beautiful full-length billet tie-rods too. $799 is pretty rich for a pair though.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking for a quick trail repair I may start carrying a 4" nipple of black iron pipe and some JB quick weld.
Sponsored