First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tie rods/steering rack issue has been the design flaw that should’ve been addressed sooner. I’m still confused as to why the 3.0 rack/rods were only available on the WildTrack and not the designated rock-hopper, Badlands model.
I have a ‘22 Badlands Sasquatch and have driven some relatively rough terrain(Imogene Pass, Elephant Hill Rd.). I haven’t been overly concerned about breaking a tie rod, but it has been my intention to replace them and the rack for the sake of peace of mind. Although people on this board have been able to make the 3.0 switch, it hasn’t been especially easy given the reprogramming required. The pricey Weld 74 is an option but I doubt I need that much over-engineering since I don’t plan on lifting my rig.
Hopefully, Ford will be able to accommodate the 3.0 switch In the near future without fleecing its customers to install the rack/rods that should’ve been provided in the first place.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The tie rods/steering rack issue has been the design flaw that should’ve been addressed sooner. I’m still confused as to why the 3.0 rack/rods were only available on the WildTrack and not the designated rock-hopper, Badlands model.
I have a ‘22 Badlands Sasquatch and have driven some relatively rough terrain(Imogene Pass, Elephant Hill Rd.). I haven’t been overly concerned about breaking a tie rod, but it has been my intention to replace them and the rack for the sake of peace of mind. Although people on this board have been able to make the 3.0 switch, it hasn’t been especially easy given the reprogramming required. The pricey Weld 74 is an option but I doubt I need that much over-engineering since I don’t plan on lifting my rig.
Hopefully, Ford will be able to accommodate the 3.0 switch In the near future without fleecing its customers to install the rack/rods that should’ve been provided in the first place.

👆👆👆👆👆👆👆 Are you listening @Ford Motor Company ???

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company Would you consider some kind of discount program that allows previous Sasquatch customers to upgrade to this new steering gear/rack/tie rods?

With all due respect I do agree with many others that it should have came that way to begin with.

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Ford Motor Company Would you consider some kind of discount program that allows previous Sasquatch customers to upgrade to this new steering gear/rack/tie rods?

With all due respect I do agree with many others that it should have came that way to begin with.
FMC: 🤔 Considering ...

<one nanosecond later>

FMC: Offer declined.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Jeez, why do I always cringe watching Matt trying to answer these questions?

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgot to mention. I wonder if Ford changed the material of all the plastic internals of the rack? My local 4x4 shop said they seen one bronco with busted internals but the housing was fine. Unlike this one in photo.

Ford Bronco Bronco Brand Team Q&A — HOSS 3.0 steering confirmed standard on 24MY Badlands AND Sasquatch IMG_3859

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hoss 3.0 on all Sas Bronco's, another kick in the nuts for the Wildtrak guys.
Wildtrak = Sasquatch, does it not? Are you sure 3.0 isnt on future Wildtrak?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak = Sasquatch, does it not? Are you sure 3.0 isnt on future Wildtrak?
Nah, he's saying that it reduces the "special-ness" of Wildtrak by giving the improved suspension steering to Sasquatch-packaged Broncos.

The problem Wildtrak has always had is that there was never really anything to elevate it above the other trims. The 2021/2022 Wildtrak was literally just a standard Sasquatch Bronco. HOSS 3.0 really allowed Wildtrak to stand out above the other trims, but now they're taking arguably the best component from HOSS 3.0 and making it a standard option on all Sasquatch-packaged Broncos. So once again, Wildtrak's overall value has been lowered, despite it seeing the largest price increase since launch.

Add on the fact that Wildtrak order holders were, on average, the individuals who had to wait the longest for their Bronco and it kinda leaves a sour taste.

Last edited:

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure but it’s waaaaay worse for EVERY Badlands owner with SAS (so pretty much all of them). Their resale is OVA
As in it’s will be tough to justify Bilstein shocks and an out dated steering system