Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My OCD got the best of me this afternoon. I counted all of the tools and made a list to make this kit much cheaper on my own. The tools add up to 82. I was fully prepared for them to count each individual zip-tie as a tool, but they showed restraint. I'm guessing that they are counting the wrap and the straps as the final 2 pieces to make 84, or they are counting the socket holders as a tool. Either way, the Bronco tax is higher than the true cost. I'm out.
Sponsored

Badjustice

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, 1979 IH Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I had nice place to hang them so everyone could see themā€¦no not even thenā€¦but they are probably cheaper than Snap-Onā€¦my mismatched China stuff in the HF/bronco tool bag will have to doā€¦hope I never have to use themā€¦

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sarcasm aside, I take a couple of roll-bags when off-roading with most of this stuff. However, I separated complete tool sets to make the bags, even though they were extra sets. As a fan, I would get it just for the Bronco logos if it were significantly cheaper. I'm sure the quality is on par with the Husky crap I have in my bags now, but $350 is insane. I don't have that kind of disposable income to waste.

For anyone that has one now, what are the extra straps on the bag for?

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got an email saying it's on backorder so I guess enough people like tools with little horsies.

I wouldn't have bought it at that price either but after not being able to figure out the reward points thing when I ordered the perimeter plus system I was successful with this. So I paid a whopping $104.

I'll hang it on the front of my grille just so people can ask me what my super cool accessory is.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw these at a Bronco meet. They seem to be well made, wrench walls aren't too thick, etc. The guy said the wrench selection was custom for the Bronco. It only had wrenches that fitted a nut/bolt in the Bronco.

I'm bouncing back and forth on it. I still have my 42,000 points and I won't get a chance to use them for maintenance before they expire. I haven't seen any other accessories on Ford's site that I want.

However, I have no idea which spare parts I need to carry to justify having such a comprehensive wrench set. Inner tie rod of course, but don't need the entire set to replace them. Maybe need wrenches to unlock the parking brake if need be but can't think of any other reason to have tools.

Thinking... doesn't appear to have all the tools needed to replace a tie rod. Also there's some duplication with the tool kit that came with my Bronco.

I need to decide before 2/29/24 before the 15% discount expires.

The Salesman said I could use a few points to buy a pen at the dealership accessory store and that would reset the clock on my points. I may do that.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Salesman said I could use a few points to buy a pen at the dealership accessory store and that would reset the clock on my points. I may do that.
Any transaction will reset the "clock" on the expiration of your Ford Pass points. Don't waste it buying a pen. Buy an oil filter, air filter, or cabin filter. Something that you will use and can be set on a shelf in your garage until you are ready to use it.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bought a set for myself as a Christmas gift. It's sweet; high quality tools, very complete and everything you would need in an emergency. Worth the money in my opinion. If you can't splurge on yourself, what's the point of working your ass off from 9-5 every day.

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used the 15% off and ford points, got it for $150, seemed like a good deal.

I believe the ford accessories site says it takes 14 days to ship, which means they probably order from the motley site, then send to me after they get it, hence back ordered.

For you guys that already have it, does it have a little room for a couple other hand tools, or is it pretty packed? I added Torx plus bits and a different size ratchet to the small tool kit in the glove box, very handy, more complete.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone get one of these yet? Bronco 2021-2024 Roll-Up Tool Set | Accessories.Ford.com

I don't know what is in it. No details. And for some reason I am really compelled to want one.

The Bronco Rool-Up Tool Kit is an 84-piece tool kit roll that stores easily under the rear seat or in the rear storage area. The bag is loaded with premium quality curated tools to perform vehicle maintenance or common trail repairs on the go.
  • Tools are premium chrome vanadium steel for strength and durability
  • Tools have polished chrome or industrial black phosphate finishes for corrosion resistance
  • Tool roll bag is durable nylon with included shoulder and retention straps; each tool has its place with specific stitched pockets and zippered pouches, keeping this 84-piece tool set organized, quiet, and protected
  • All tools meet or exceed ANSI standards, and all Bronco branded tools have a lifetime warranty.

Make sure you get the $12 install too. A dealership employee will very carefully place it under the rear seats.

With 84 pieces and the apparentl size they probably have a 24 piece Allen set in there.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I saw these at a Bronco meet. They seem to be well made, wrench walls aren't too thick, etc. The guy said the wrench selection was custom for the Bronco. It only had wrenches that fitted a nut/bolt in the Bronco.

I'm bouncing back and forth on it. I still have my 42,000 points and I won't get a chance to use them for maintenance before they expire. I haven't seen any other accessories on Ford's site that I want.

However, I have no idea which spare parts I need to carry to justify having such a comprehensive wrench set. Inner tie rod of course, but don't need the entire set to replace them. Maybe need wrenches to unlock the parking brake if need be but can't think of any other reason to have tools.

Thinking... doesn't appear to have all the tools needed to replace a tie rod. Also there's some duplication with the tool kit that came with my Bronco.

What 15% discount?

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to Motley's website,

https://motleyind.com/products/ford-bronco-tool-kit?_pos=1&_sid=faf05e883&_ss=r

looking for more information about the tool set. I also wanted to ask them what the 13/16 socket was for and to suggest they include all the tools needed to change a tie rod.

I sent an email to [email protected]. My mail delivery system bounced my message back as undeliverable. I got...

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Host or domain name not found. Name service error
for name=motelyind.com type=A: Host not found

Maybe someone who has a different internet provider will have better luck.

Also they don't list a phone number. Since they're local to me, I may drive over next week and see what's going on.

They're also on Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok and I don't have any of them. Maybe someone else can contact them.
Sponsored