First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh good. Well I have a request in case a revision 2 ever happens...

Torx Plus 45

Used all over the Bronco, but not in the kit. Heck you could just sell Torx Plus 45 addon packs that come with a single TP-45 socket, and I'd probably buy it.

The modular bumper uses a Torx Plus 40 and other areas. I am not aware of any Torx Plus 45 applications. Please advise and we will confirm. Another member posted it was missing a TP27 for the hood sights, but those are actually TP30
Sponsored

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The modular bumper uses a Torx Plus 40 for the modular bumper, and other areas. I am not aware of any Torx Plus 45 applications. Another member posted it was missing a TP27 for the hood sights, but those are actually TP30
And we are working on add-on packs for additional tools. Just awaiting approval from Ford.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Oh good. Well I have a request in case a revision 2 ever happens...

Torx Plus 45

Used all over the Bronco, but not in the kit. Heck you could just sell Torx Plus 45 addon packs that come with a single TP-45 socket, and I'd probably buy it.
Which is why I put my own together with 20% more usable tools at 50% of the cost.....but of course it does not have the Bronco logo that no one will see under my slide out tailgate.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which is why I put my own together with 20% more usable tools at 50% of the cost.....but of course it does not have the Bronco logo that no one will see under my slide out tailgate.
Most of the kit is junk, that tiny breaker bar is icing on the cake.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The modular bumper uses a Torx Plus 40 for the modular bumper, and other areas. I am not aware of any Torx Plus 45 applications. Another member posted it was missing a TP27 for the hood sights, but those are actually TP30
There are several bolts internally that are Torx Plus 45 (seatbelt tensioner, for example), and the trim rings on the wheels are also TP-45. EDIT: Those are actually T-45, not Torx Plus. Thanks @Greg_L

I had thought the modular bumper was also TP-45, but admittedly that was me blindly trusting a forum post. I don't have that bumper, so... ya know... could absolutely be wrong. (And if I am, I get to go back and edit a bunch of my old posts so not so spread the misinformation I read... yay.)

And we are working on add-on packs for additional tools. Just awaiting approval from Ford.
Awesome!!

I guess it kind of depends on if the goal is to be an emergency tool kit for the trail or if it's supposed to be "The One Bronco Toolkit to Rule Them All". Since it has a spark plug gap tool I assume ya'll leaning towards the latter. (Don't know many people checking their spark plugs on the trail.)

But either way... some additional stuff I'd consider adding:
  • 27mm socket - Oil filter housing on 2.7L (could use the crescent wrench probably, but socket is nice)
  • 35mm impact socket - Wheel hub nut

Last edited:

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Most of the kit is junk, that tiny breaker bar is icing on the cake.
Yeah, I have 1/2" American made, KD Tools (the original KD not Gearwrench) Breaker Bar and Socket Wrench in my kit. They are both beasts with the socket wrench having the old, heavy, coarse tooth gear head that has a split ring to take it apart to grease it. I have stood on that puppy many a time to break a rusted lug nut or implement bolt loose and that's when I was pushing 300#. I have my Dad's Snap On tools but they stay locked up.

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are several bolts internally that are Torx Plus 45 (seatbelt tensioner, for example), and the trim rings on the wheels are also TP-45.

I had thought the modular bumper was also TP-45, but admittedly that was me blindly trusting a forum post. I don't have that bumper, so... ya know... could absolutely be wrong. (And if I am, I get to go back and edit a bunch of my old posts so not so spread the misinformation I read... yay.)

Awesome!!

I guess it kind of depends on if the goal is to be an emergency tool kit for the trail or if it's supposed to be "The One Bronco Toolkit to Rule Them All". Since it has a spark plug gap tool I assume ya'll leaning towards the latter. (Don't know many people checking their spark plugs on the trail.)

But either way... some additional stuff I'd consider adding:
  • 27mm socket - Oil filter housing on 2.7L (could use the crescent wrench probably, but socket is nice)
  • 35mm impact socket - Wheel hub nut

Yes, our original prototype had a 27mm and an axle nut socket included, however, Ford asked us to remove them (for a couple of reasons, mainly to hit the target price point). Regarding the TP45, when the first protoype was built, the Bronco was not yet in mass production. We relied on the information Ford supplied us to design the kit. It took over two years to work through all the approvals needed to bring the kit into production.
We will be offering additional tools on our website next month and there's extra room to add to the kit. I used the kit over the weekend. I used the adjustable wrench to remove the oil filter housing. The adjustable wrench goes up to 32mm.
The reason for some of the general tools is that we wanted the user to be able to work on other vehicles on the trail as well as a motorcycle, UTV, trailer, etc.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, our original prototype had a 27mm and an axle nut socket included, however, Ford asked us to remove them (for a couple of reasons, mainly to hit the target price point). Regarding the TP45, when the first protoype was built, the Bronco was not yet in mass production. We relied on the information Ford supplied us to design the kit. It took over two years to work through all the approvals needed to bring the kit into production.
We will be offering additional tools on our website next month and there's extra room to add to the kit. I used the kit over the weekend. I used the adjustable wrench to remove the oil filter housing. The adjustable wrench goes up to 32mm.
The reason for some of the general tools is that we wanted the user to be able to work on other vehicles on the trail as well as a motorcycle, UTV, trailer, etc.
Glad to hear they're off backorder, looking forward to getting mine. I'd like to see a mid size set of water pump (Channel Lock) pliers.

BlinkyLightMgr

Everglades
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Got mine today happy overall with it. I was ok paying the extra for the convenience of a pre-made pretty complete kit.

PS -- Shop around online with the part #. I found it listed almost $100 less than Ford's site.

Zybore

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a set. It's nice looking and it does actually fit under the rear seat.
Really! How did you get it under the rear seat? I can get it there but the seat can not fold flat.

Sponsored

Andyp

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really! How did you get it under the rear seat? I can get it there but the seat can not fold flat.
You're right. After I posted that I tried to fold the seat down a few days later and it doesn't fit.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got mine, love it! Only thing I noticed that was unfortunate, you're able to store it under the seats in the back, nice! But when it's there, you can't put the seats down, no bueno!

In case this helps anyone else.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine today happy overall with it. I was ok paying the extra for the convenience of a pre-made pretty complete kit.

PS -- Shop around online with the part #. I found it listed almost $100 less than Ford's site.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Part # VM2DZ17003A.

Look for an online dealer who's close to you to save on shipping. Also you might avoid sales tax if the dealer is in another state. It depends on their sales volume in your state.

I've saved quite a bit by going to online dealers instead of my local dealer. Also your local dealer might price match.

Last edited:

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used points for mine and it still says backorder.

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine off of Motley’s website and it was at my door within a week.
Sponsored