First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, this is total BS, Ford has lost me.

How else am I going to safely drive through MOAB while sipping on a iced Caramel Macchiato and catching up with friends on the hands-free if the stupid POS Bronco doesn't automatically steer for me?

I'm an attentive driver, it's all the OTHER people that make driving dangerous. Thankfully I let the car steer for me as it's drastically more capable of paying attention to my driving than I am.

Since the Bronco is incapable of operating itself safely on Americas roadways, may I suggest using mis-information to try and beguile others so they drive much more safely around you? This might reduce your insurance rates as well.

yellow-baby-on-board-sign-sticker-with-cheerful-baby-1539962455.6733391[1].png

And onto related news:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/11/iihs-study-underlines-the-perils-of-driver-disengagement/

" It turns out there’s a name for the false sense of security provided by modern driving aids. According to researchers with the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s AgeLab, the phenomenon is called “driver disengagement” and it’s assumed to be a contributing factor to roadways fatalities. The duo recently published a rather basic study examining how evolving automotive technologies might be eroding safety under the guise of progress. "
Or you could just go for it and let other drivers get out of your way. ;)
Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering 1611601589624

Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering 1611602383045
Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can’t wait to see the posts about vibration, tire noise, bronco tracks like shit, why does it turn so many RPM on the highway, wind noise, water leaks, etc. lol.
I feel like there are only going to be a few of us bashing off trees and rocks!

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the website there's adaptive cruise control and intelligent adaptive cruise control which is the one that includes all the other features like lane centering and speed limit reading.

"Available on select Ford vehicles is a series of Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) features employing advanced radar and camera technology.10 ACC lets you set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead of you. When it slows down, you automatically do too; when traffic picks back up, you resume your preset speed and distance. Then comes ACC with Stop-and-Go, which enables you to come to a complete stop when the vehicle ahead stops. * Now add Lane Centering, which scans the lane markings to help you stay in your lane if the system detects you’re drifting out of it. And that’s not all. Now there’s Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control, which includes all of these features plus new Speed Sign Recognition that can automatically adjust the set speed of your vehicle to the posted speed limit."
The Bronco basic ACC is the same as in the Ranger (big shock) which doesn't even do Stop and Go (it just turns off at 8mph).

Also, I think yall are missing the point. The main benefit would be to reduce fatigue on the long road trips where you're doing hours and hours of straight mindless driving to get to all the great trails. Im in Houston and most of the good stuff like colorado is at least 18 hours away. It's nice to have these things and when you get to the trails, disable all the nannies and take full control. This is not a complaint, just an observation to a lot of your negative responses to this topic.
Agreed that these systems are amazing for long drives. I would not get another car without it.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco will be well-used when I'm an old man. Hopefully my grandkids will learn to drive on a farm someday in my 1964.5 Bronco.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I think yall are missing the point. The main benefit would be to reduce fatigue on the long road trips where you're doing hours and hours of straight mindless driving to get to all the great trails. Im in Houston and most of the good stuff like colorado is at least 18 hours away. It's nice to have these things and when you get to the trails, disable all the nannies and take full control. This is not a complaint, just an observation to a lot of your negative responses to this topic.
Exactly. Some people in this thread are extremely narrow minded who think the world needs only what they need.
As I said in my OP, if you don’t need the feature FINE. AMAZING FOR YOU. We are all so happy you can steer your car. It’s not because you don’t want it that other people don’t.

It’s like saying cruise control is useless because I am capable of pressing the accelerator myself.
It’s like saying having a remote car key is useless because I can just turn the key in the door myself to open the car.
It’s like saying Swaybar disco on Badlands is useless because I can disconnect it manually myself.
WTF seriously... some people are here to troll.

When driving hours to the trail, intelligent adaptive cruise with centering reduces fatigue a lot. It’s just nice to have for a lot of people and it’s a shame Ford did not include it in the Lux package. A package which sole purpose is to offer features like this. BTW order stats shows Lux package is the most popular one...

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I'm not really interested in using the feature, I do get irritated when the cheaper baby brother (Sport) gets features that the full size Bronco does not.

(Still irked that the cargo area in the Sport is ruggedized but the open air cargo area of the Badlands is carpeted.)

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. Some people in this thread are extremely narrow minded who think the world needs only what they need.
As I said in my OP, if you don’t need the feature FINE. AMAZING FOR YOU. We are all so happy you can steer your car. It’s not because you don’t want it that other people don’t.

It’s like saying cruise control is useless because I am capable of pressing the accelerator myself.
It’s like saying having a remote car key is useless because I can just turn the key in the door myself to open the car.
It’s like saying Swaybar disco on Badlands is useless because I can disconnect it manually myself.

When driving hours to the trail, intelligent adaptive cruise with centering reduces fatigue a lot. It’s just nice to have for a lot of people and it’s a shame Ford did not include it in the Lux package. A package which sole purpose is to offer features like this. BTW order stats shows Lux package is the most popular one...
Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering giphy - 2021-01-25T145748.554

It just doesn't have it. It's also missing a GAU-8, but whatcha gonna do?

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You mean the the same Lux package that finally lets you open your garage door without a separate remote? Ford is going to need another couple packages to get up to what you want. Super Lux Premium? :LOL:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean the the same Lux package that finally lets you open your garage door without a separate remote? Ford is going to need another couple packages to get up tp what you want. Super Lux Premium? :LOL:
I vote to call it the "Super Fly" or "Morgan Freeman" package.

Ford Bronco Bronco does not have Lane Centering giphy - 2021-01-25T152611.669

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is too bad, the lane centering and stop and go is actually amazing for traffic. I use it in traffic much more than on the highway. It is surprising that ford isnt offering it, it seems to already have all of the required sensors for it considering it has emergency brake and ACC,

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Have you posted on Jeep forums before? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I ask it as a serious question. This type of thing is so common on those forums (mall crawler vs off roading).

"My top will always be off, even in 5 degree below 0 weather when it's sleeting, so it doesn't matter."

"Why do you care about LSD if you're going to be off road?...Why are you even getting a solid axle auto? go buy a toyota highlander".

"Why do you even care about carpet color? I'm just gonna rip mine out and drive right into a big mud pit the minute I get my rig anyway"

"If you call a Jeep a car one more time I'm going to come find you and scream at you for 5 hours"

"Why are you complaining about the wheels? You should just replace them with 85 inch beadlocked tractor wheels with 30 inch spacers like I am"

It doesn't even phase me anymore.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I'm not really interested in using the feature, I do get irritated when the cheaper baby brother (Sport) gets features that the full size Bronco does not.

(Still irked that the cargo area in the Sport is ruggedized but the open air cargo area of the Badlands is carpeted.)
The cargo area and rear seat backs in the Sport are actually carpeted. As far as I know, the ruggedized seat backs are part of the $130 Cargo Mat accessory that simply cover most of the carpet.
Sponsored