First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the point he was making is that they’re unnecessary. You could have had less trims and offered the same customization.
I could see that, but what would all those marketing guys be getting paid for? And the Bronco would be just like Jeep with only a few models... 😂🤣😂
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry but WT is the biggest non model ever. It literally has no purpose except to grab people that think they are getting the best model. It does NOTHING special. All it is is a less than desirable interior and black painted parts. Should have been a blackout package for the OBX and been done with it.
I think Im getting better color options on low cost with my BB vs the Wild Track. If i de-badge it and black out everything like i plan on, Im not sure how people are going to be able to tell the difference. Really dont understand the separation OP broke everything down. You might as well say, you can get base or Badlands, thats it. LOL.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no Bronco, only Zuul

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford's ultimate responsibility is to generate a profit and to their bottom line. Do they care about the customer and creating brand loyalty? Absolutely! Do they care more about the FE buyer than the Base buyer? Probably not. Ford knows they will have customers that are dead-set on what they want/ordered and others who will waiver and spend more money. Apple does the same thing with the iPhone. You can get the lower end 'model' with less storage and not as many features or for more $$ get the better/best phone with the amazing camera that will still have everyone debating pictures of what Cactus Gray really looks like. :unsure:
Yeah about cactus gray, getting off topic here I know: I saw the jerrycan with the color at Moab and it’s really grey; light but grey. Not green, blue etc.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's not how any of this works. You get what you pay for. Want the nicer thing pay for it.
Except of course in the automotive world, where if you want the nicer thing you have to pay a boatload of cash to get a bunch of other nicer things you don't want.

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I always looked at the model range like this.

Base --> Black Diamond --> Badlands = more offroad/rock crawl models.
Big Bend --> Outer Banks --> Wildtrack = more on road/lux option models.

Wildtrack and Badlands blur the line between lux and offroad being top trims in each category.

I did not read all 5 pages before posting this.
I don’t think they are that different when it comes to off road capabilities; the only real difference is Sasquatch, and that you can get on every trim level.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think they are that different when it comes to off road capabilities; the only real difference is Sasquatch, and that you can get on every trim level.
I would have had :
Base: Plain or w/ BB Package (fancied up) or BD Package (Off roady)
OBX: Fancy
Badlands: Plain or w/ Sasquatch package.

No Sas with anything except BL.

Ford really did enthusiasts a solid by offering Sas across the board. With commodity constraints they may regret that choice.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think Im getting better color options on low cost with my BB vs the Wild Track. If i de-badge it and black out everything like i plan on, Im not sure how people are going to be able to tell the difference.
Your door handles will give you away. 😉 I’m going to make my BB a bit Wildtrak-esque as well. I love the black wheel rings and bronco badging.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does co

Other than FE it is the only trim that comes standard with Sasquatch, 2.7L, Auto Trans, Blackout package......ie; trail ready Baja machine that also has sport mode. So there’s that. Anything else you order will need thousands of dollars in upgrades to get to where the WT starts. I switched from WT to BL but the WT definitely deserves its own trim.
I got Base 2.7L Sasquatch w/MIC top & Aux switches. Only thing your Wildtrak has that I want is Intelligent access. Not paying extra $8k for that.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford really threw a wrench in the gears by not including the Sport GOAT mode on BL.
^^^This. I go back and forth between WT and OBX. Slightly favor WT because it has Baja mode and I became okay with the WT interior colors, and therefore I ordered WT. If BL had Sport mode, it would have been a MUCH tougher choice and I might have opted for BL instead of WT. I like everything about BL but since 90+% of my driving will be on road, I really wanted Sport mode. It’s a bit odd to me that two of the highest levels BD and FE don’t have Sport mode.

Bob

Last edited:

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The BB appealed most to me, since it opens up the ability to add a $500 rear locker a-la-carte & the sig lighting. A non-optioned big bend is definitely a glorified base with an extra "oh SH##" handle and a few small goodies.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This thread: