Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait...my 2 door actually has a third door?
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We call them Baby Broncos. They are broncos - just baby.

Like the Maverick is a trucklet.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I started calling them Baby Broncos thats been sticking pretty good with my friends that were confused.
My wife, and a few friends and I all call them "Baby Bronco"

my wife actually says she wants one, but doesn't want a payment since her Rav4 is paid off and we take my Wildtrak everywhere anyway.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can we also go back to calling it camping,of course its over land its a freaking car.
it's funny how "glamping" turned into "Overlanding"...

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess Ford figured Land Rover got away with their Range Rover, Range Rover Sport duo, that they could do the same with the Bronco.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We call them Baby Broncos. They are broncos - just baby.

Like the Maverick is a trucklet.
Let clear this up once and for all. The bronco sport is an escape acting like a Bronco. Just like this Maverick is nether a truck or an Air Force Pilot but a guy acting like one.
Ford Bronco Bronco Sport Confusion… 114F6B8E-1CAB-4DBF-B1C2-E398EC11A9F1

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let clear this up once and for all. The bronco sport is an escape acting like a Bronco. Just like this Maverick is nether a truck or an Air Force Pilot but a guy acting like one.
It sounds like your criteria for being a bronco or a truck means it has to just have a ladder frame? got it...

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought mine, neighbor across the street came over and checked it out. Two weeks later came home with a Bronco Sport and told me "didn't mean to copy you but I test drove it after the wife wanted a new car, and what do they say? 'Imitation is the biggest form of flattery'"

I said "wow, you must really dislike me then" and the joke went right over his head.

Two weeks later his wife sent me a FB message asking what trim we got and if she could get a removable roof for hers and all kinds of other questions abou tires and wheels, that were the equivalent of a convo asking how to turn a mini cooper into a Wrangler like three years ago.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never thought of myself as an elitist Bronco owner—first off, these aren’t even all that expensive compared to actual “elite” vehicles. They’re quite pedestrian, truthfully, but quite fun. Secondly, I think the sport is actually nice, just don’t call it a Bronco.

…And that’s what leads to the confusion: I’ve met NUMEROUS people who think the sport IS THE Bronco. I know Ford wants to build the Bronco brand, even so much as devoting significant square footage to Bronco-only marketing at top dealerships, but I’m afraid it’s gone slightly awry.
You are being a bit elitist here, so let’s just be honest about your true feelings because it’s not like none of us don't know.

That being said, a Bronco Sport is a Bronco just as a Moar Door Bronco is a Bronco, although it feels sacrilege to say. Beyond that, the Sport is quite capable in the hands of a decent driver.

It’s not a vehicle being real or fake that ever bothers me because a driver with some training can handle most anything, so you don’t need top of the line to go wheeling. I can take almost anything out with decent tires and wheel pretty well; because I’ve been trained and have experience.

It’s fake ass drivers or poseurs who bother me more than the vehicle beause it just feels like a waste on someone who’s just trying their best to look like guys like me; I’m not flattered.

The pride hit that Bronco Sport owners have to endure is just wrong; period. It’s a good little SUV that can handle some dirt very well and has a lot of utility. To me, that makes the Sport a real Bronco.

For reference, I own a Bronco 2 Dr, Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7, I love it, and I’m a driving enthusiast and wheel a bit, camp, etc, etc.

Even still, I don’t look down on the Sport or those driving the Sport. In fact, in some ways I have more respect for them cause they were honest with themselves and what they need and plan to use it for.

For those who can’t tell the difference, who cares about them anyway? They’ll drive a Bronco today, complain about it, then be back in a CRV tomorrow.

Last edited:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is already a Spanish word mi amigo. Broncito just stays on brand.

Touche'. I was waxing über sarcastic, but didn't even think about Bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.