Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad everyone is okay.
Sucks to see something like this happen, especially so soon after a reservation holder gets their Bronco. But another example showing how well this vehicle holds up in a crash.
Sponsored

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is my Bronco. My heart is broken but we all are at home safe. I drove a Jeep for years and absolutely loved it. When Ford introduced this Bronco I couldn’t get to the computer fast enough to order it. I’m a 43 yr old female that’s not really into vehicles and don’t know much about them. My husband and son helped me pick this one out and after a year I finally received it. I was blown away. Everything about this vehicle is amazing. It held up like a beast. I received my Bronco on Dec 17th. Had surgery on Dec 21. I had only driven it a few days before I become a passenger due to my surgery. The surgery I had was serious and personal but to walk away from that crash with only 5 stitches is unheard of. God is good. Ford is tough and I will DEFINITELY be ordering another. I will keep everyone posted on the insurance and how they all turns out so everyone will know if anything like this happens to another Bronco Owner. I pray it doesn’t. Yes we really were going around 50 mph and it was down a mild hill. Not sure on the other car. Last minute swerve from my husband was an excellent decision due to my circumstances still healing from surgery. FORD has impressed me far above than I could have imagined. Man…. I loved my Bronco and can’t wait to get another. Impressive FORD super Impressive and job well done.

Original notes posted by Administrator:
The Bronco's safety made sure the owners of this Bronco walked away to tell the story... hit head-on going 50mph by a Crown Victoria / Grand Marquis driven by an underaged drunk driver. Good thing Bronco driver swerved last second to avoid full complete head-on contact. The Bronco only had 300+ miles on it. The drunk driver received a cut to the head and was at least insured.

271138545_10224439969285611_5919672803926315040_n.jpg

271094335_10224439969005604_3446324337720870346_n.jpg

271176800_10224439969445615_7516300617103994641_n.jpg

271186619_10224439970005629_1611819588621170842_n.jpg

271118676_10224439969125607_2099090764461965204_n.jpg

270774574_10224439970085631_3091464540556312595_n.jpg

271154240_10224439969805624_6931243545437269548_n.jpg

271124386_10224439969365613_7788625482934260640_n.jpg

271182256_10224439969645620_1895125215654362012_n.jpg
That sucks especially when you find out there’s no way they’re gonna total it…

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my Bronco. My heart is broken but we all are at home safe. I drove a Jeep for years and absolutely loved it. When Ford introduced this Bronco I couldn’t get to the computer fast enough to order it. I’m a 43 yr old female that’s not really into vehicles and don’t know much about them. My husband and son helped me pick this one out and after a year I finally received it. I was blown away. Everything about this vehicle is amazing. It held up like a beast. I received my Bronco on Dec 17th. Had surgery on Dec 21. I had only driven it a few days before I become a passenger due to my surgery. The surgery I had was serious and personal but to walk away from that crash with only 5 stitches is unheard of. God is good. Ford is tough and I will DEFINITELY be ordering another. I will keep everyone posted on the insurance and how they all turns out so everyone will know if anything like this happens to another Bronco Owner. I pray it doesn’t. Yes we really were going around 50 mph and it was down a mild hill. Not sure on the other car. Last minute swerve from my husband was an excellent decision due to my circumstances still healing from surgery. FORD has impressed me far above than I could have imagined. Man…. I loved my Bronco and can’t wait to get another. Impressive FORD super Impressive and job well done.

Original notes posted by Administrator:
The Bronco's safety made sure the owners of this Bronco walked away to tell the story... hit head-on going 50mph by a Crown Victoria / Grand Marquis driven by an underaged drunk driver. Good thing Bronco driver swerved last second to avoid full complete head-on contact. The Bronco only had 300+ miles on it. The drunk driver received a cut to the head and was at least insured.
I wasn't sure if I should click the happy or sad emoticon!
I'm glad you're OK-ish but really feel bad for you and your Bronco at the same time.
In the end, Ford and the Bronco did their jobs, they protected you.
I think we can all find some comfort in that.

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once the supply of Broncos finally stabilizes, Ford should seriously consider making a vehicle based on the Bronco, but not so off-road-oriented. Maybe lower, more sedan-like. But as similar as possible in the manner of underlying construction.

Such a vehicle could easily be the much-needed successor to the Crown Victoria. I wouldn't even object to them calling it by that name; and a Lincoln version as the new Town Car.
I've been hoping for a sedan on the new Explorer ST platform. A rwd/awd 3.0L Torino Cobra Jet.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad everyone faired well(at least physically)makes me glad of my choice of a Bronco to hual me and the missus and grandkids around.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once the supply of Broncos finally stabilizes, Ford should seriously consider making a vehicle based on the Bronco, but not so off-road-oriented. Maybe lower, more sedan-like. But as similar as possible in the manner of underlying construction.

Such a vehicle could easily be the much-needed successor to the Crown Victoria. I wouldn't even object to them calling it by that name; and a Lincoln version as the new Town Car.

I am trying to understand where you are coming from on this post.

Why would they use a truck platform to make a car? It would make more sense to use the platform the Maverick is based on.

Where is the market for a sedan in the US? Ford intentionally stopped selling them here because they didn’t sell. Reviving old news is not going to change the publics buying preference.

And for better or worse car makers are going electric so there isn’t much sense is the money expenditure to adapt a truck to a car to use old name plates that are unlikely to sell.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the internet, the lookouts on the Titanic spotted the iceberg 37 seconds prior to collision with it. Considering how slow large ships change direction, I'd bet our hero husband had about the same relative amount of time to avoid collision with the ill-fated Crown Vic.

The Titanic sank 120 years ago this coming April... Contemplating the evasive actions taken by the helmsman is sort of pointless at this point. ;)
Yeah, but the tireless examinations of whether Jack could also fit on the door were getting boring, anyways…

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been hoping for a sedan on the new Explorer ST platform. A rwd/awd 3.0L Torino Cobra Jet.
Since the 2011 model year, the Explorer has been on a unibody platform. No unibody vehicle can ever be considered a valid successor to the Crown Victoria. The ruggedness and reparability of the Crown Vic is pretty much the point of it, and you just cannot get that on a unibody.

Sponsored

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was some discussion in the 2021 Bronco Crash Test Results - 5/6 Rating by IIHS. thread about offset head-ons being part of the newer IIHS tests after it was found that vehicles that dead well in a solid head-on still often failed in The Real World to protect their passengers in an offset head-on crash.

Of course, those tests are about the vehicle protecting its passengers, rather than itself surviving. In the case of this thread, the Bronco did an amazing job of protecting its passengers, and surely would have in a solid head-on as well. Beyond that, we're down to wondering if the Bronco itself might have better survived a solid head-on. From the OP pictures, it looks to me like the most fatal damage to the Bronco is the way the frame is bent at the forward port corner corner. The frame, I think, might have held up better to a straight hit from the front.
Or you may have bent both front corners of the frame just not as severely and included both front fenders and the hood into the crumbled zone which is design to absorb the energy of the crash to protect the passengers not the vehicle, whatever done with this next thread please

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am trying to understand where you are coming from on this post.

Why would they use a truck platform to make a car? It would make more sense to use the platform the Maverick is based on.

Where is the market for a sedan in the US? Ford intentionally stopped selling them here because they didn’t sell. Reviving old news is not going to change the publics buying preference.

And for better or worse car makers are going electric so there isn’t much sense is the money expenditure to adapt a truck to a car to use old name plates that are unlikely to sell.
Not sure he knows either. He is reenacting the Titanic crash in his bathtub at the moment.

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the 2011 model year, the Explorer has been on a unibody platform. No unibody vehicle can ever be considered a valid successor to the Crown Victoria. The ruggedness and reparability of the Crown Vic is pretty much the point of it, and you just cannot get that on a unibody.
I started my law enforcement career in Vics, and I won't argue that they aren't tanks. However, it's very obsolete thinking that they are more durable or repairable due to their body on frame construction. Unibodies are more rigid which makes for better handling, and they can be just as tanky. I have no doubt that the new explorer platform will prove to be just as durable. Based on my own experience with Vics, Tahoes, Taurii, one fwd/awd Explorer, and Chargers, only the Chargers proved to be below the curve in reliability. Everything else was more or less the same from a durability standpoint, regardless of if it is unibody or not. A Vic is totaled in a highway speed rear impact just the same as a Taurus. A Taurus can rip across a plowed corn field just as easily as a Vic (if not more easily if awd). A Lincoln Continental type sedan based on the rwd/awd Explorer platform would be one hell of a beast, which I would buy in a heartbeat, even if it weren't called a Torino.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not believing it was at 50 MPH. Glad the Bronco driver was unhurt.
If they are BOTH going 50 MPH, that is a 100 MPH contact....
Sponsored