John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a little mad about MIC constraints - I don't think they have it fixed and in full production yet.
I cant speak to production volume, but I can speak to MIC top quality. My 4dr MIC, built October 6, is of excellent quality, functions very well, has no leaks, comes on and off easily, and looks nice. One panel tumbled down the road at 50mph when I forgot to latch it, and the damage was minimal. One bashed, delaminated corner, I was able to repair the delaminatiom, build up the corner with my boat repair epoxies, and all is well. In the process, I was able to learn the laminate schedule and materials, and I am convinced its a well-made product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
babraunagel

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my response, copied from another thread. I responded as it related to my experience so didn't mention any of the quality issues, or the people being stuck in production purgatory. I did want to give them credit for trying to send out some swag to people, but that thought got lost in the shuffle and it was long-winded enough already.

What is primarily causing this feeling?
In a few words? Failure to deliver on up-front assurances. There was a very simple statement offered up at the launch that appeared to be a core principle: “All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.” It was echoed in further Ford public statements: "With regards to building stock units, we said we would prioritize building reservation orders before stock orders as long as there are parts available to build reserved Broncos." Ford has failed to live up to this principle.

If it was a matter of parts constraints it would be understandable. However, as time goes on, it has become obvious this is not the case. Terms on the website were quietly updated to include language about “regional dealership availability”—no communication was sent to reservation holders about this change. That action tells me it was known there was a problem and a conscious choice was made to leave consumers in the dark.

Broncos, with constrained parts, are being built for customers without reservations. People lucky enough to walk into the “right” dealer can just walk in, order, and get scheduled while others who have waited over 500 days continue to wait. This is in stark contrast with the original promise, both in spirit and as clearly written.

What would help make it a better journey to delivery date?
It’s simple, live up to your initial promise. At the very least an acknowledgment that Ford didn’t really think this through along with finding an equitable solution. The only response I’ve seen from Ford on the allocation vs. timestamp issue is repeated reminders of the updated language and a nebulous suggestion to switch dealers as we approach the 1 ½ year mark. No acknowledgment that consumers were misled. No recognition that the current distribution method requires either sheer luck or the ability to interpret an arcane allocation formula dependent on inaccessible data. Nothing to indicate Ford even sees this as a problem or spent any time trying to find a solution. I fully acknowledge I may be wrong. It could be that dedicated people agonized over ways to make this right. However, without any communication, we’re left to make assumptions based on the data we have available.

Additionally, I don’t want to switch my dealer; I’ve already had to do that once. I tried the dealer that was recommended to me and they wouldn’t agree to the price and submitted my order even when I specifically told them not to. I did my due diligence and found a dealer that would deal with me honestly and easily with signed purchase agreements. I had to work through the Ford Bronco contact center to get a new reservation created and adjust my timestamp to the original value. I didn’t do so without concerns, but each time I came back to that initial assurance: that my timestamp is my place in line, and reservations would be built before stock units. That assurance is what convinced me that it was safe to make the switch, something I never expected I would need to do.

Please share any further recommendations, thoughts or frustrations.
Ford is doing a lot of things right. They have a compelling vehicle lineup and the demand for them is apparent. It wasn’t until recently that I’ve really considered buying a Ford. The Bronco announcement was really the catalyst for my new interest in the brand. After my reservation, it led me to the Maverick and the new Mach-E. Ultimately it led me to purchase a new Ranger Tremor while I patiently waited for more news on the Bronco. I think it’s a great truck, almost to the point where I was questioning my Bronco order! But, when I drive it, I can’t help but think of this Bronco experience. It might not be fair or logical that I make this association, but there it is.

I want Ford to stand by its products. I want to pass on what I love about my Ranger, the Bronco (hopefully), and maybe even the Mach-E someday. But I can’t do that if Ford can’t stand by what they say, the promises they make. In the end, if I don’t feel like Ford respects me as a consumer: my time, my money, and my investment in the brand, then the enthusiasm will fade. And I have to say, Ford’s continued silence in this matter has been deafening.

I also recognize that this is not likely to make any difference or possibly even be read, but I did it for me more than them. I think it's unlikely, but even if something bad does happen from entering my order number I might be past caring at this point.
Sean this is so good -- thank you!

SkiLB

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford sent a fun little calendar. As a 7-14 reservation holder I'd rather have my Bronco. However...

Here is what is important. They included a link to a satisfaction survey. Please take the time to complete the survey to let them know orders should be fulfilled in reservation order.

qr.jpg

calendar.jpg

Each piece of thick paper represents a month. It's kind of cute with some hidden Easter eggs. With that said, I would rather have my own Bronco... with it's own Easter eggs, having reserved on 7-14.

I hear ya! I got a Bronco Flag from Ford, rather have my own Bronco as well as all reservation/order holders.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I cant speak to production volume, but I can speak to MIC top quality. My 4dr MIC, built October 6, is of excellent quality, functions very well, has no leaks, comes on and off easily, and looks nice. One panel tumbled down the road at 50mph when I forgot to latch it, and the damage was minimal. One bashed, delaminated corner, I was able to repair the delaminatiom, build up the corner with my boat repair epoxies, and all is well. In the process, I was able to learn the laminate schedule and materials, and I am convinced its a well-made product.
I think they may have implemented the fixes in some but not all of the molds … certainly I don’t know, but why is MIC still on the danger list? They are are made in Detroit (at least some), I also remember northern Italy and Wuhan China. I am reacting to so few MIC’s especially 2 doors.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh please stop, no one is saying that. We've dealt with that situation, and most all of us understand this situation. But, when Ford just says "screw you" you went with a small hometown dealer, and the big dealers didn't like that. So, we're changing the allocation formula to punish that small dealer that gave you a fair price. And now the big dealers can get dealer stock that they can sell with a stupid high ADM added. And to add insult to injury "Old average Joe" that doesn't have a reservation can walk into our favorite dealers and buy his Bronco before you even get a sniff of a build date.

Also, I've seen many here say if you want to hurt Ford, cancel your order and buy something else. Do you actually think Ford would give a shit? They know full well they will sell every Brocno built in the first year. Ford wouldn't even blink at 20K cancelations let alone the few here that would cancel.
[/QUOT
Can you give me a name of a dealer who has dealer stock?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I
I think they may have implemented the fixes in some but not all of the molds … certainly I don’t know, but why is MIC still on the danger list? They are are made in Detroit (at least some), I also remember northern Italy and Wuhan China. I am reacting to so few MIC’s especially 2 doors.
It would be fascinating to see a video of them being made!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Completing this survey with direct feedback to Ford and being able to tell them that I had a 7/13/20 reservation and 6:10pm MT timestamp and a #1 dealership allocation and did not receive a 2021 Bronco provided me with a certain level of satisfaction. Especially when they asked for my reservation number at the end and I was able to enter 10115103 by heart.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i never got a calendar. the flag was the last thing I got. moar gifts plz
Still waiting for my Greenlight Bronco Family diecast…

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps you have not had a chance to read all the posts on this and the other various threads on this topic -- you may be missing the point.

Ford is sending vehicles out... just out of order from what they originally advertised. People who just placed orders (without a reservation) and those who had late reservations are receiving product ahead of those with early reservations.

It is not a supply chain issue since early reservation holders are seeing their same builds being delivered to those with later or no reservations.

Therefore, this is an allocation issue -- Ford is now delivering Broncos based upon a dealer's historical sales volume, not on the number of Bronco reservations the dealer has. This results in inequities and why you're seeing people are upset. Ford initially said they were prioritizing by reservation order.

People made decisions on what dealer they chose only to have Ford later change the allocation method -- these people are angry because now they're not receiving their Bronco for months and even years later.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep agree 100%. Honestly the only really unforgivable part of this for me was Ford changing the allocation formula. The mic top and some of the constraint issues probably could have been handled better but some hiccups in a launch like this were to be expected and I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But changing the allocation was 100% in their control and they did that knowing it was going to screw reservation holders and the small dealerships. The very Dealerships that had garnered large Numbers of Bronco orders by giving their customers exemplary customer service and clear honest communication. Exactly the type of thing you would think Ford would want to encourage in their dealerships. But instead they cowered to the demands of the larger dealerships and completely fucked over the reservation holders by doing so. AND THEY KNEW IT BUT DID IT ANTWAY!! That is what I find indefensible and is what I said in my survey.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't know the Rockstars were into heavy masochism