Sponsored

Can’t believe I waited for this peice of @&$!

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I opened up my fuse box and 3 or 4 seemed to not be seated correctly. Unsure if that corrected my problem (keeping auto stop start off until dealer takes a look at it). Something to consider. In the jeep world, it’s known that when you get a new wrangler, the first thing you do is open the fuse box and press all of them in.
Sponsored

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2021 FE, had it for 3 weeks, brakes stopped working and and so did all safety features, including 4x4, plus a plethora of other items. I had video proof of what was happening, as brakes were intermittent. Ford didn’t believe me as the computer was logging no errors, no one would listen, so I started a buy back. The dealer had my
Truck from December 17th 2021 until October of 2022 while working on and Ford for the buy back. the buy back took a long time, so I gave up on it, got the truck back and I now have no issues. So far, but I could have lemon lawed it. Spoke to many lawyers and all told me that Ford was generous in their offer to me. So talk to them, you will either wait a year for them to fix, or at least get your money back.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just want to say that I have not had any of the trolls problems.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Peice?

Sponsored

est1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Ford F1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep typical ford! Waited for this bronco, and got lucky when they opened up the orders. Or didI? I have a 2021 4dr 1st edition, this truck starts when it wants to! The truck literally shuts completely down with no warning. Everything is fine then you park it and it the doors won’t unlock, ( no response to the key fob). You then have to manually unlock the door, (which sets the alarm off), all screens and gauges are black no response. Even putting the key fob in its home in the center console, it dose not recognize it. The only thing you can do is disconnect the ground from the battery, wait about 25min-40min for everything to reset to default and like magic the truck starts like there was no problem at all…
I have load tested the battery, (Ford has replaced it 3 times with new ones), I have checked and tested all connections.
It has been at ford for 2 months, with software updates, new computer, new key fobs, and still shuts down. Any one else have this problem?
"Can’t believe I waited for this peice of @&$!"

***Piece ***

Trols dont spel gud

Catatonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would try a different service dept/dealer and see what they find. I wouldn't put it past a car dealer to play some shenanigans so you'll sell it back to them, trade in, lemon law, or otherwise so they can get a bigger payday.

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

He's just making it up right
again, what’s the failure rate?
Less than 100 on 100k sold?
“Carscoops” is what you use to determine your purchases? Good luck.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had issues with my battery
Had to have it replaced.
The dealership said it was a bad battery. That was 3 weeks ago. No issues since then.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Potluck99 I covered for you and provided the statistic above.

1E37AAE4-EE41-4CB9-871D-243798C64AC9.jpeg

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The failure rate is enough for the NHTSA to start an investigation. Maybe you've heard of them? A lot more popular than Carscoops...

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The failure rate is enough for the NHTSA to start an investigation.
a year ago. Like any decent agency. And the result of that investigation? Not a widespread issue. Every single car manufacturer has some unfortunate issues. That’s what warranties are for.
keep fishing. The overwhelming majority of us actual owners are extremely happy with our purchase.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The failure rate is enough for the NHTSA to start an investigation. Maybe you've heard of them? A lot more popular than Carscoops...
Investigating

E1593C70-5CAE-4442-8399-B9D32C610B38.jpeg

of documented engine failures. Seems logical given the percentages.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Investigating

E1593C70-5CAE-4442-8399-B9D32C610B38.jpeg

of documented engine failures. Seems logical given the percentages.
Those numbers are great till you are stuck in the middle of a trail and need to get towed back to civilization for big bucks.

a year ago. Like any decent agency. And the result of that investigation? Not a widespread issue. Every single car manufacturer has some unfortunate issues. That’s what warranties are for.
keep fishing. The overwhelming majority of us actual owners are extremely happy with our purchase.
Not saying it is a major issue, but it was enough for them to start looking into it. Bronco6g was a whole thread about it. Not something you find on every car site.

You guys shouldnt be calling out people that post this issue as if it doesnt exist...

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not something you find on every car site.
It’s literally in every car enthusiasts site. l was a Tacoma owner- go on Tacomaworld and see the complaints on there. For one of the notoriously most reliable vehicles. VWvortex- same thing. Hell, Subaru just recalled 100k+ vehicles. Maybe instead of saying we should’nt call out people for this, maybe you should say the same for the people calling out very rare issues like they are some sort of widespread problem when they aren’t.
how many people on here also think they need to upgrade their tie rods? Prob a huge percentage based on the posts. But in reality it’s not at all the issue it’s made out to be.
look at my build. Stock tie rods and I wheel the shit out of my bronco. Don’t slam into obstacles, don’t put 37’s on stock tie rods/steering rack and it’s amazing how little issues you’ll have.
Sponsored