Sponsored

Can Someone Explain Big Bend? (Not trolling)

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s what I was planning. 32 or 33 on base. I think that’s about as big as you can go with the stock axel anyway. But I want a locker and have no idea what that would cost aftermarket.
ARB is already making a rear locker for the M220 rear. $1000.

The problem is going to be gears.
Everything except the 3.73 ratio is new for the m190/M220 combination.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s what I was planning. 32 or 33 on base. I think that’s about as big as you can go with the stock axel anyway. But I want a locker and have no idea what that would cost aftermarket.
I had a limited slip put into a Dana 60 (?), 1951 F1 anyway, and it was about $600-700 roughly.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMO for all intents and purposes Ford intended the Big Bend for 95%ish of people. The Base is there to serve two purposes:
1- Marketing and being able to say Bronco starts at under $30K
2- To serve the customers that want as little features, extras and tech as they can possibly get.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As many others said base 2 door price is what it is to market it under 30k. Ford expects to sell alot of Broncos, id bet very very very few of those will be 2 door base models.

Got to remember the enthusiast who wants no creature comforts just off road stuff is a small %

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want 7mt+adaptive cruise control, so my trim decision is made for me (Badlands). I'll never use the disco, and even the front locker may never get touched. At least the standard wheels/tires on the Badlands are my ideal setup.

If ACC was available on the Big Bend, I'd add that+automatic transfer case and call it a day. Jeep offers ACC on the Wrangler Sport S, so I'm a little surprised Ford stuck ACC in the tip-top package that's unavailable on the mainstream trims. ACC is standard on a base-ass Corolla; it ain't massaging seats or brontosaurus leather.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As many others said base 2 door price is what it is to market it under 30k. Ford expects to sell alot of Broncos, id bet very very very few of those will be 2 door base models.

Got to remember the enthusiast who wants no creature comforts just off road stuff is a small %
Eggactly. And I would venture to bet most base models are going to be sold through the reservation/order process. I bet in a few years when we get to the point of Broncos being in dealer stock it will be extremely hard to find a Base model sitting on a lot somewhere.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I was planning. 32 or 33 on base. I think that’s about as big as you can go with the stock axle anyway. But I want a locker and have no idea what that would cost aftermarket.
About a grand ... parts and labor .... , depending what locker also.
Detroit Locker = cheap
Eaton(Dana) E-Locker / ARB / OX = BIG $$$.

It really pays to go Squatch if you think you MIGHT get into gearing or bigger tires.

Figure two axles just to regear and lock after adding big tires .....$2000 ....and thats not the bigger axle to handle the bigger tires. If you are really wheeling that hard, you'll need that axle sooner or later.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/lockers/rd246-arb-front-rear-air-locker-m220-m210-35-spline

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious if the ManBaseSquatch will be only $3400 then. Question to self - is that worth losing remote start, trail turn assist and that trail control thing?
I think it’ll still be around $5000 for mansquatch. I don’t think the Sasquatch package includes the auto. Ford does this all the time where you add something and there it adds required options. Back when survey pricing came out, Sasquatch was $5000 on Outer Banks which already has the auto. If not, that is great but I wouldn’t count on it.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eggactly. And I would venture to bet most base models are going to be sold through the reservation/order process. I bet in a few years when we get to the point of Broncos being in dealer stock it will be extremely hard to find a Base model sitting on a lot somewhere.
+1

The paint color poll also shows how ordering a Bronco skews buyers away from the typical " Big 4 safe colors " ( Black, White, Silver, Grey ) that fill dealers lots.

In two years, we'll see lots of Black Big Bend Broncos on the lot.
Not many Base models in any color.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I decide to go carpet seats, Big Bend, medium, Sasquatch, 2.7L could be a nice priced option.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want cloth seats, carpeted floors, manual and the mid package. No other way to do it besides going with BB. I'm stuck.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I want cloth seats, carpeted floors, manual and the mid package. No other way to do it besides going with BB. I'm stuck.
My friend, I’m in the exact same boat. I want cloth seats in my 5 passenger convertible offroadster. I gotta have the manual. If I can’t get mid package I’m seriously questioning why I’m spending $40k for a new rig that doesn’t have that stuff.

The good news is, in the mansquatch reveal video, Ford dropped us a line:

Ford Bronco Can Someone Explain Big Bend? (Not trolling) 8DF8C16B-E6A3-4D67-9880-3C5248445E84

What does it mean, exactly? No way to know. To me it sounds like it a tweaked trim level that would allow for a manual transmission. OBX- maybe, where they replace auto trans with high pkg? I’d go for that! It would give us a second option to compare BB against.

I got my fingers crossed.

Ford Bronco Can Someone Explain Big Bend? (Not trolling) 52962899-E846-4DAF-A415-F23777F7FC0C

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I decide to go carpet seats, Big Bend, medium, Sasquatch, 2.7L could be a nice priced option.
I’ve been doing this math ever since the survey pricing came out, and I usually end up around the 47-48K ballpark for the trims I’m looking at with the packages I’m looking at.
Big Bend with 2.7 auto, HT, Sasquatch, mid package
Black Diamond set up just as above
OBX with HT, Sasquatch, and 2.7L.
They’re all within the same ballpark. Ford is too smart to give us a true “bang for your buck” option.
Maybe a non-squatch OBX with added rear locker is the “very capable DD” version (for those of us who plan DD90% off-road 10%) ?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been doing this math ever since the survey pricing came out, and I usually end up around the 47-48K ballpark for the trims I’m looking at with the packages I’m looking at.
Big Bend with 2.7 auto, HT, Sasquatch, mid package
Black Diamond set up just as above
OBX with HT, Sasquatch, and 2.7L.
They’re all within the same ballpark. Ford is too smart to give us a true “bang for your buck” option.
Maybe a non-squatch OBX with added rear locker is the “very capable DD” version (for those of us who plan DD90% off-road 10%) ?
I’m in the exact same damn boat. I’m hoping that when the B&P comes out some options are cheaper than we think (HA!) cause currently I’m having a hard time not just jumping up to a non-squatch Badlands. Really only want Squatch on lower trims for gearing and non-puny tires. But for the prices we’re currently calculating, might as well go badlands and not have an empty spot on the “hero” buttons as an added bonus!
Sponsored