Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have seen a couple of people in this forum that "had" FEs reserved and cancelled for some reason.
And people need to realize we are in a small echo chamber. For every registered member, there are a 1000 other reservation holders. If we only consider FE B6G members, that is an extremely small subset. But Ford isn't concerned about cancelled FE reservations. They will all be built and sold with some earning insane ADM for dealers.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m waiting it out just let’s me put more money down I’d rather wait than ford rush this out and there be all kinds of problems

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Meh, this is a trash article. If Ford was delaying the Bronco for another 2 years then I would say Ford had a problem. This is getting rid of the people who reserved out of excitement, but not because they really wanted one. Honestly, just means I may get mine sooner than later if enough people dump their reservation so win win!

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Already traded in my wrangler for a used car. I can wait years now for Ford to get their act together. I figure on one more delay due to some widget needed for the build that a supplier can not deliver. Probably blame that delay on the new COVID strain running around now.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, two whole people who read their stuff complained. Really if you waited 'years' as some claim, does a month or three really push you off? Seems odd. They do know they don't have to run out and get another 'new' car if their current one is falling apart, right? People know they can pick something super cheap up to get them through a few months then trade it on the Bronco, right?
That is what I'm in the process of doing...today as a matter of fact. My truck needs repairs that equal about one third of its value. Not fixing it. Found a 2008 Subaru Impreza. Will use it for a year and then give to my youngest. Normally wouldn't rush on a car, but I leave on Sunday for work and need to drive.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is what I'm in the process of doing...today as a matter of fact. My truck needs repairs that equal about one third of its value. Not fixing it. Found a 2008 Subaru Impreza. Will use it for a year and then give to my youngest. Normally wouldn't rush on a car, but I leave on Sunday for work and need to drive.
Exactly. I picked up a Corolla for $2k to drive for a few months. No big deal. Seems like some might be making excuses for why they have to leave the Bronco for something else.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I stop by here once in awhile to see what's new but other than that I don't think about it a whole lot. When I get the call to order, I get the call to order. All the waiting does is give me more time to pay off what I owe on my current car which will make my trade in a better deal. And save up more for a down payment. Which puts me on track to get a Bronco for less than what I am paying per month on my Mustang, and I can't argue with a sub $500/month Bronco.

I did shop around selling my Mustang when I made the reservation but after mulling it over there were too many unknowns on the timeline for me to pull the trigger. Had I done that I would have a very different outlook on the delays.

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I purchased a used truck to turn it into a used bronco in 3 years

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Meh, this is a trash article. If Ford was delaying the Bronco for another 2 years then I would say Ford had a problem. This is getting rid of the people who reserved out of excitement, but not because they really wanted one. Honestly, just means I may get mine sooner than later if enough people dump their reservation so win win!
I don't really know what Ford Authority is but from the few articles I've seen posted here it seems like it's nothing more than a Ford gossip rag.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stop by here once in awhile to see what's new but other than that I don't think about it a whole lot. When I get the call to order, I get the call to order. All the waiting does is give me more time to pay off what I owe on my current car which will make my trade in a better deal. And save up more for a down payment. Which puts me on track to get a Bronco for less than what I am paying per month on my Mustang, and I can't argue with a sub $500/month Bronco.

I did shop around selling my Mustang when I made the reservation but after mulling it over there were too many unknowns on the timeline for me to pull the trigger. Had I done that I would have a very different outlook on the delays.
I’m with you but in my case it was a Harley not a Mustang. Turns out I was able to sell it sooner than I expected but, as you mentioned, it gives me more time to build my “war chest”. ?

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess John and Brian (as quoted in the article) were never serious about getting a Bronco anyway. A true enthusiast will wait for an icon, even if it is delayed a few months. And the dude that wrote the article must be on crack for writing the BS article and quoting two individuals out of almost 200,000 reservations. :confused: Not really all that news worthy.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting a couple more months is no big deal to me. I'd would prefer to wait a few more months for my Bronco than have them rush to production, only to have problems with the vehicle. Covid has hit most businesses with slow downs, welcome to the new world. Suck it up and be happy your not dying from the damm disease.
Your first model year vehicle will always have a slew of problems. We are boned either way tbh. Calculated risk buying the first run,.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have seen several people on here that have gotten other vehicles. One guy wrote that he is still getting the Bronco but he had to have something now. Others will wait until the next model year or 2.
FE holders that give up were people that were just looking to make a profit anyway. If you truly wanted an FE, you would wait for it. I know I read about at least a couple people on this forum that have 2 FE reservations. Why would anyone do that? The only thing I could think is that they want to make a profit. Fine. We live in a democracy. Take your best shot.
I sold 1 of my extra vehicles the other week. I put that tiny amount of money to pay off bills. My truck is paid for now. I am not getting rid of that because the Bronco can't pull my camper.
I have a '97 Infiniti QX4 that I will sell as soon as I order my Bronco. Not much money there but I can use it for accessories.
I am patiently... not so patiently :)... waiting for the Bronco to come out. I still have not completely decided on a color. I want to see some of the colors on the Sport before I decide on a color that I have to live with for a lot of years. They are coming slow. I can't afford to buy an FE much less a Wildtrak. I have to get the best I can afford. Black Diamond with a few extras. For as little as I will off-road with it, that should be perfect.
My Infiniti is a hand me down that now has over 550k miles. We tend to keep stuff for a long time... gonna be hard to get rid of for sentimental reasons, but it has got to go eventually.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't expect any cancelled FEs to be offered to other reservation holders. All FE Broncos will be built. Those that were cancelled will be allocated to preferred dealers in the region the reservation was made. Those vehicles will be marked up over msrp and will be a consolation to those dealers.
Although Ford has explicitly said that FE reservations not converted to orders will NOT be built.
Sponsored