Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think going forward we should stop saying things like, “I am ok with the new delay”. Ford is listening. We don’t want them to think it’s acceptable to have more delays. We can use code like, “I am ok with pineapple pizza” or something like that.

ex: I have been waiting for it since 1996 and l am ok with pineapple pizza, but it really does suck.
In 1996 I got a 1984 straight six Bronco that had been owned by DNR and was tan inside and out. It was my first car. Did I want tan? no. Did it suck? Yes. Did I love it? It made a life-long fan out of me.

I sold it for a 1998 Wrangler off the showroom floor. I hated that wrangler. It was new, it was convertible. I didn't like it. I sold it with 7k miles on it for a used Monte Carlo.

In 2000 I bought a 1979 Bronco. it was blue on the outside and blue on the inside. Would I have ordered it like that? Maybe, maybe not. Did I love it? With all my heart. When i wasn't driving it I would hug it, and my greatest regret is selling it.

I guess maybe because I owned a blue on blue 1979 makes me more acceptable of the Navy Pier interior and Antimatter Blue exterior. Maybe I like the MIC top on the AMB because my 79 had been painted, by the previous owner, in the same color scheme.

Maybe I understand that COVID is a real problem and has caused delays, that Ford had planned to launch this fall and had that plan thwarted by a pandemic.

Maybe I know that the Bronco is going to hold value like the FJ Cruiser and the Jeep Wrangler. that I will have no problem trading up for a 2023 or 2024 Warthog if I so choose.

As January 15 approaches, my enthusiasm only grows.
Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is based in Michigan, one of the most viscously locked down states in America. The "cure" is worse than the disease in lock-down states - although it did serve them well when it cam time to loosen voter security.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With things the way they are right now, I'm OK with waiting a bit longer while things shake out.

Yeah, the B&P foolery irritates me to no end but I realize that we are in a weird time. Plus I only have $100 tied up so far, so the stakes are pretty low.

The only other vehicles I would consider purchasing right now would be a 2019+ Ranger (in Lightning Blue dammit!) or a 2015+ Nissan Frontier Pro4X Crew Cab in blue with the 6 speed manual (not that I have been looking ;)).

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious though, of how many reservations have been cancelled for the FE and wondering if Ford will offer those slots at the time of ordering.
I always wondered if they opened up the # of FE reservations because they realized the conversion rate would be low. How many people jumped on an FE, but when it comes down to it, it would never be a realistic purchase.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am curious though, of how many reservations have been cancelled for the FE and wondering if Ford will offer those slots at the time of ordering.
I’m wondering why people would spend the money for a FE when it’s really not all that.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Were is Velocity Blue?
With about 3 weeks till the order books open, how hard is it to at least show very color in a build?

Ford if your are listening-

Enough of the juvenile seek and find marketing. Loyal Customers here are willing to order without driving a Bronco and few have had the opportunity to see one. Before the books open, take each build to any Ford dealer to do a "In Stock" photo shoot and post it.
It's the least you can do
Lets hope we get an accurate B&P and an updated accessory list (as promised) prior to ordering banks opening up.

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i have to give it to ford. that was a pretty heady grift allocating the transmission and engine price uptick in price.

they know you'll pay it, so why not do it. their only mistake was changing the price midstream, for the ultimate in douchebaggery

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, two whole people who read their stuff complained. Really if you waited 'years' as some claim, does a month or three really push you off? Seems odd. They do know they don't have to run out and get another 'new' car if their current one is falling apart, right? People know they can pick something super cheap up to get them through a few months then trade it on the Bronco, right?
A few months?

My current vehicle is not "falling apart", but I do need a new one. It makes 0 financial sense to "buy something super cheap" and then go buy a brand new vehicle. There IS nothing "super cheap" that is reliable. A few years ago, my son had to look for over 4 months to find a reliable vehicle for a decent price (used). I take it you live on a paved road? Don't need 4x4 to get where you are going on a daily basis (or at least a few times a month)? Please direct me to these magical cheap vehicles that will meet my needs of 4x4 + reliable 50 miles per day driving for my work commute.

Sorry to be snarky. I just get a little tired of reading how someone who chooses not to wait another entire year for a vehicle is somehow not as smart as everyone else, doesn't like the Bronco enough, etc. I may very well buy a different vehicle because of these delays. I will not waste my time and money shopping for some beater while waiting for an ever-changing Bronco that may or may not arrive in 2021.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this is going to be a huge deal. I've got a group chat of old buddies that have disbursed all over the country and 6 of us reserved the Bronco on opening night with one more making a reservation a couple of months later. As of today, there are only 2 of us that still plan to order. The delay is going to knock a significant amount of people out, and any further delay may knock me out.
FORD better be reading these comments. I would hate to be on the Bronco Team....not all of this is a Covid delay....likely some are going to get a boot right out Ford's front door.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd be concerned if this was an article in the Wall Street Journal. Most articles on sites like FA are written by hacks. They even tout that their site for news and rumors.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The article is a little bit absurd....based on
I'd be concerned if this was an article in the Wall Street Journal. Most articles on sites like FA are written by hacks. They even tout that their site for news and rumors.
Yeah, the WSJ would have actually done some research, or not printed that garbage. Two anecdotal stories out of 190,000+ reservations do not make a story or a headline.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few months?

My current vehicle is not "falling apart", but I do need a new one. It makes 0 financial sense to "buy something super cheap" and then go buy a brand new vehicle. There IS nothing "super cheap" that is reliable. A few years ago, my son had to look for over 4 months to find a reliable vehicle for a decent price (used). I take it you live on a paved road? Don't need 4x4 to get where you are going on a daily basis (or at least a few times a month)? Please direct me to these magical cheap vehicles that will meet my needs of 4x4 + reliable 50 miles per day driving for my work commute.

Sorry to be snarky. I just get a little tired of reading how someone who chooses not to wait another entire year for a vehicle is somehow not as smart as everyone else, doesn't like the Bronco enough, etc. I may very well buy a different vehicle because of these delays. I will not waste my time and money shopping for some beater while waiting for an ever-changing Bronco that may or may not arrive in 2021.
Well you're wrong on the 'nothing super cheap that is reliable', because I currently have exactly that. Nobody said anything about 'smart'.
Sponsored