Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is kind of funny - the way people blast ford, the build & price and how things have been delayed (etc, etc) but I bet very few are actually cancelling! Lots of talk . . . but who wants to cancel and then pass one on the road next year (?) and regret that decision . . . not me! I am in for the duration. If my Wildtrak arrives and 36 payments later I decide I prefer having a truck I will either trade or just retire the Bronco to weekend use . . . but I am in - in for a penny, in for a pound as my Gramp used to say.
FE holders that give up were people that were just looking to make a profit anyway. If you truly wanted an FE, you would wait for it. I know I read about at least a couple people on this forum that have 2 FE reservations. Why would anyone do that?
Speaking with a friend who is a buyer for carmax. He was speaking with some ford guys who were at the auction. Seems like many ford employees may have reserved a lot of the FEā€™s and plan to take them straight to auction. He thinks the first month they could be going for $25 k over msrp.?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking with a friend who is a buyer for carmax. He was speaking with some ford guys who were at the auction. Seems like many ford employees may have reserved a lot of the FEā€™s and plan to take them straight to auction. He thinks the first month they could be going for $25 k over msrp.?
IMO, the highest market value for FEs will be in the short term. Even with the limited production, there still isn't a lot to differentiate them from other trims. Once the Tech grows stale, no one is going to pay a premium for a used FE in 5 years. If I was getting a FE, it would be for sale as soon as I took delivery. If I knew I could flip it for a quick $10K, it would soften the sting of waiting for a MY22.

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feell like the thing that gets forgotten a lot are the people who put a reservation down just on the chance that they want it. I have multiple friends who did this and arenā€™t going to get it. The numbers a inflated, i think.

I have a 7/23 reservation and when i went to my dealer to see the list of people ahead of me and although a lot, most of them had cancelled. Given the news of a May 3rd production start, it seems likely that most of the reservations in the first two or so months will get fulfilled in MY2021.

Iā€™ve waited too damn long to back out for this, even if it does get pushed to MY22. The bronco is the only car that excites me for the price point.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone jumped at the chance to reserve a Bronco for $100. Then when the first B&P iteration came out probably several thousand made excuses and bailed. Then when the no more free auto update came out several thousand more bailed out. When the next B&P comes out next year and people get another bug up their butts I am sure several more thousand will jump ship. Guaranteed a majority that cancelled or will cancel never planned on buying one in the first place. Just gave them something to talk about with their friends.

Sponsored

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, Iā€™m glad that Ford has given me more time to make a reasoned, informed decision. Probably wasnā€™t their plan.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its often stated that B6G members are a small microcosm of the 190,000 reservations. We've read forum updates routinely...and most of have been disappointed by a thing or ten as the story has unfolded.

And because those disappointments came one at a time, we've shrugged them off.

But think of what I'd guess to be the clueless majority. They don't know what they don't know. Lottsa folks are going to be turned off once they find their 5 favorite things aren't available...whether its the spare tire not being heated, or whatever. Rude awakening time comes soon.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once enthused, I'm now on the fence.

Less excited than initially,

My "assigned dealer" / salesperson has been 100% unresponsive to my questions.
Going thru the "build it" online my desired Bronco will be well over $40K.
Because of the way the packages MUST be bundled I cannot get the options I want with a manual transmission.. to me the manual transmission is the feature I singled out as to why A Bronco could join my fleet..
(I know it is a different animal, but..) I saw a Bronco "Sport" on the road.. totally unimpressive...
My intention was to "add" to my fleet, however @ the excessive cost it's capability it would be more practical to replace my F150 with a Super Duty or my FORD dealer continues to displease a GM HD.
In the very least you should switch dealers to one you feel comfortable buying from... one who is responsive to you and who may even give you a better deal.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not in a big hurry to get my rig. Right now the only thing that would deter me is if the dealer decides to mark it up. Iā€™m getting a Mansquatch, so I know Iā€™m looking at a ā€˜22 model.

Nonetheless, itā€™s not confidence-inspiring how badly Ford screwed-up the B&P. Iā€™m pretty sure some teens who just learned how to code couldā€™ve put out just as good of a website.

With the last generation Explorer launch botched so badly, Ford has a lot riding on the Bronco. Letā€™s hope they get it right.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, Iā€™m glad that Ford has given me more time to make a reasoned, informed decision. Probably wasnā€™t their plan.
This exactly. As much as I hate the delays and missteps Ford has made, the extra time has given me a chance to evaluate what's important to me.

I have a first night reservation for an FE. I reserved the FE because I perceived it as being special and the "best". I will not be buying an FE. Underwhelming to me, no exclusive colors I like enough to want to buy, graphics that I don't find appealing and a bull bar I don't want or like the looks of.

So it's a blown out 4 dr Badlands Squatch, 2.7 AT in cyber orange for me with lux but not leather, dual tops (soft & mod), and a tow hitch.

I'm saving $4700+ over the FE and getting more of what I want (mgv, tow hitch) and less of what I dont want or need (leather / power seats, graphics, bull bar).

It's taken me awhile to get here, but this forum has helped me figure out that I could give a crap about leather in a vehicle I can almost guarantee will get caught in the rain at least once and don't need power seats at all. Kids have their own cars and are leaving the nest, wife has her own car and will most likely never want to drive the bronco.

So I'm not canceling but won't be buying an FE either.

Last edited:

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the stupid things that are a turnoff that might get this day 2 reservation holder to bail. For example, why can't I get a MT BD with the mid package? I'm fine if it doesn't include remote start with the MT. Let me pay for the package and get everything else but that. Ford did this deliberately to try and nudge me up to a BL, which is available with MT and mid package, Ford is banking on me buying more than I want versus settling for less. This tactic may result in less revenue for Ford instead of more. Each time Ford ratchets prices up (i.e. no x-plan and charging extra for AT in options that previously included it), I find myself looking at lower-cost options. I can afford any of these Broncos and was planning on buying a V6 BL, but prefer a fair value and get totally turned off when the deal keeps changing against me. I won't write Ford a blank check and will take my money elsewhere if they continue to change prices and my perceived value.

LabGoof

Outer Banks
First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion & Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't expect any cancelled FEs to be offered to other reservation holders. All FE Broncos will be built. Those that were cancelled will be allocated to preferred dealers in the region the reservation was made. Those vehicles will be marked up msrp and will be a consolation to those dealers.
I wouldn't count on that... My Ford insider says that any dealers who mark up over or try to seriously undercut the MSRP will pay the HEAVY price of losing Bronco allocations. That sounds like a super foolish idea if you ask me!

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t mind waiting at all! It gives me something to look forward to ?
EXACTLY. I can and will wait. As a day 2 reservation holder I know the public will be all over it when they see, it, and those that cancelled will wish they had the patience to wait. If they don't, then they didn't really want one anyways.
Please cancel your reservation if you cant wait I appreciate it and would like my Bronco as early as possible!!

Last edited:

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a Joe Shmoā€™s two cents, but I have a feeling overall conversion will be around 40%, as Zach from Granger suggested. The Bronco looks amazing, but itā€™s hard for me to see even 100,000 ā€˜averageā€™ people wanting a Bronco bad enough to wait 12-14 months for one, and also taking into consideration the people who made a reservation just for the sake of making one and had $100 to spare, and the people whose circumstances have changed. I think a bulk of reservations will end up delivering sooner than we think, but I myself have a mid-October reservation so Iā€™m not getting my hopes up too high.

I could be wrong. What do I know?
Sponsored