Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, unfortunately not. If you DM Ford, they just ask for a bunch of information about you to update their CRM system and then ultimately tell you to reach out to a dealership as the next step.

Hopefully we’ll get an OTA update like ibuprofen that fixes it.
Ahh gotcha, thanks for the update. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been wanting to dig in via ForScan somehow to see if you can adjust which radio is used for CarPlay from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz, just a theory still.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haven't found any other forum posts describing this exact issue yet.

As of a few weeks ago, I get intermittent freezing and unfreezing (stuttering) from my Carplay connection. During the moments, the screen will freeze and the audio will repeat on loop the last few milliseconds of audio (usually producing a robotic EHHHHHHH noise, depending on what was playing) before returning to normal. It's not a totally predictable effect, but generally it's caused by specific actions in the Bronco that require the electronics to make some kind of transition - e.g. especially when shifting into reverse and the display changes to rear and overhead camera views, but it can also be triggered by the proximity detection system, or even turning the blinkers on and off.

The jarring audio stutters are annoying, but more annoying is the fact that is frequently dropping out during phone calls now. When the issue happens while speaking with someone, the audio starts to sound like only every other syllable is being picked up, and then generally the other person's voice goes out entirely. Meanwhile the call itself on my phone is undisturbed and the other person can hear me normally. If I pick up my phone and flip to speaker phone, the call is working normally, and if I flip it back to Bronco Carplay, it generally resets to normal audio without issues.

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? The fact that it just started suddenly a few weeks ago makes me wonder if it's tied to some specific software update and will be patched in the future, but I feel less optimistic about that possibility if no one else is experiencing similar issues.
Yep. Definitely happening to me as well. Super annoying and a new bug that wasn't happening 60 days ago...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep. Definitely happening to me as well. Super annoying and a new bug that wasn't happening 60 days ago...
Hey there, Matt! Can you please send me a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into these Carplay audio concerns for you? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey there, Matt! Can you please send me a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into these Carplay audio concerns for you? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!
Why so you can just tell me to go to the dealer? Tell the nerds to fix it in the next OTA...

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also getting this with Android Auto w/ Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. It just started happening a couple weeks to a month ago. If I'm listening to music and the seatbelt/door chimes, I get this horrible rapid stuttering noise through the speakers. Or sometimes when shifting to/from reverse when the camera turns of/off.

As of a few weeks ago, I get intermittent freezing and unfreezing (stuttering) from my Carplay connection. During the moments, the screen will freeze and the audio will repeat on loop the last few milliseconds of audio (usually producing a robotic EHHHHHHH noise, depending on what was playing) before returning to normal. It's not a totally predictable effect, but generally it's caused by specific actions in the Bronco that require the electronics to make some kind of transition - e.g. especially when shifting into reverse and the display changes to rear and overhead camera views, but it can also be triggered by the proximity detection system, or even turning the blinkers on and off.

The jarring audio stutters are annoying, but more annoying is the fact that is frequently dropping out during phone calls now. When the issue happens while speaking with someone, the audio starts to sound like only every other syllable is being picked up, and then generally the other person's voice goes out entirely. Meanwhile the call itself on my phone is undisturbed and the other person can hear me normally. If I pick up my phone and flip to speaker phone, the call is working normally, and if I flip it back to Bronco Carplay, it generally resets to normal audio without issues.

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? The fact that it just started suddenly a few weeks ago makes me wonder if it's tied to some specific software update and will be patched in the future, but I feel less optimistic about that possibility if no one else is experiencing similar issues.

Kastory01

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay. Well hopefully the fact that both of us are experiencing the same means it's more likely a fixable software issue.
I am having the same issue. Stuttering robotic sound mostly happens when shifting into reverse or park and the camera comes on. It has happened randomly for a split-second while playing a song on a USB thumb drive. Just started happening in the last month or two. Very annoying.

JFerr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I’m having the exact same issue but didn’t find anyone else experiencing it and thought I had faulty hardware that was just slowly dying. Kinda glad it’s more widespread and hopefully and update can fix

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same issue after recent update.
Hoping next OTA fixes it.

@Ford Motor Company , this is a widespread issue in sync 4. This can be reproduced by using a respective phones interface for long periods of use, then switch to a feature that requires Sync to do a little thinking like switch on the cameras.
I think the memory is getting full and it has to quickly dump it to complete the next action. It hasn't full on crashed on me (yet) but it's getting more frequent.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m having the exact same issue but didn’t find anyone else experiencing it and thought I had faulty hardware that was just slowly dying. Kinda glad it’s more widespread and hopefully and update can fix
Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with these audio concerns if you'd like. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

Sponsored

Kastory01

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone gone to the dealer yet with this issue? I plan to in a few weeks with a couple of other things to be fixed. I am getting my ducks in a row looking for TSBs etc. I have a long-term relationship with my Ford Dealer and usually, they are cooperative. But I feel over the last year they have pushed back at times, but I usually prevail as I bring facts like TSBs etc. I feel Ford's recently new CEO with the push on driving down warranty claims has left the customer in the cold at times. (Just my opinion based on my 40 years of owning nothing but Fords and having prior success with warranty claims)

Just checking to see if anyone has been to their dealer and what they are saying about this. It appears to be widespread.

Thanks.

Noble27

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone gone to the dealer yet with this issue? I plan to in a few weeks with a couple of other things to be fixed. I am getting my ducks in a row looking for TSBs etc. I have a long-term relationship with my Ford Dealer and usually, they are cooperative. But I feel over the last year they have pushed back at times, but I usually prevail as I bring facts like TSBs etc. I feel Ford's recently new CEO with the push on driving down warranty claims has left the customer in the cold at times. (Just my opinion based on my 40 years of owning nothing but Fords and having prior success with warranty claims)

Just checking to see if anyone has been to their dealer and what they are saying about this. It appears to be widespread.

Thanks.
I have not had them review, but mentioned to them where they had no real clue as to what it may be. Also, commented on it being a rare issue. However, this was in Nov and there are more people experiencing this now.

Kastory01

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the feedback. When it started happening, I thought my USB drive might be going bad. That was in the October timeframe. But now it is happening more often and even on Sirus XM. It is very annoying. I took my Bronco on a 2000-mile trip in November and the Audio is basically unusable. I have not driven it much in December.

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. When it started happening, I thought my USB drive might be going bad. That was in the October timeframe. But now it is happening more often and even on Sirus XM. It is very annoying. I took my Bronco on a 2000-mile trip in November and the Audio is basically unusable. I have not driven it much in December.
Are you having issues with regular radio as well? I only have an issue with the wireless car play (I never use the usb port). I have noticed however, when I’m on a call and it goes silent all I have to do is change the connection on my phone from the CarPlay to phone or speaker then back and it typically doesn’t give me anymore issues. Still annoying but a good band aid until Ford fixes this software issue. This issue seems to be more widespread than initially thought, most people probably think they have bad cell reception or something so they don’t say anything.
Sponsored