First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
B6G Members, I'm looking for some advice. I placed my Bronco reservation with a small dealer near me back in July 2020. Like all of you, I "hung in there" and waited for our Bronco to arrive and then we waited some more. It's finally scheduled to be built and I'm concerned my dealer is going to pull the surprise ADM game. My reasoning for this is that they just did this to another reservation holder last month (+$10K). He walked BTW. I've been prepping myself for this potential eventuality, even breaking my anti-social media stance by signing up for Twitter as that seemed the only way to engage Mike Levine (@mrlevine) but was promptly blocked. Odd for a Communications Director - I guess one-way communication is all they're interested in.

I did receive a returned call from my dealer rep this AM, as I hadn't received a response from my emails or voice messages prior. I reiterated my request for a fully executed buyers agreement outlining all charges with NO ADM (I only had verbal and email assurances since reservation). I got the "I'll speak to our Business Manager and have that drawn up for you". Seemingly positive on the surface but I'm unsure if this is simply a stalling tactic or what. Honestly, I'm unsure there is really anything I can do. My hope was that since this hasn't been built or shipped that potentially Ford could ship the Bronco to another dealer. I assume that is wishful thinking as the order with Ford is from my dealer, not me. My situation is at least not a ticking clock scenario where the ADM is announced when a reservation holder arrives to pick it up. I know simply calling to change dealers isn't going to happen given that I have a VIN and scheduled build but was again hoping that Ford could actually do something if they wanted to in a scenario like this.

Any suggestions on how to engage Ford if they're blocking us on Twitter? I have the general Customer Care numbers 800-334-4375 and 800-392-3673 but wasn't sure if there was another number to use for situations like surprise ADM charges. Also, does anyone know if Ford assists with a priority order if screwed over by a shady dealer or is it simply back to the end of the line? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford isn't going to help you on this, it'll be between you and your dealer.
Try taking to social media blasting the dealer. Google reviews, yelp, tell everyone you know, etc etc. (maybe wait until they actually tell you it'll be 10k over instead of guessing) and then go from there.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Neither Ford nor Mr. Levine will be any help to you, especially since it’s just speculation (perhaps justified) on your part at this point. There’s no way ford could or would move your order at this point….that is a time consuming (months) process that rarely happens.
Your best bet is to Maintain a positive relationship with your sales team (I took my guy a die cast AMB Bronco to show my appreciation). Personalize your build and relationship and display trust in them….even if unwarranted.
If they screw you over with an ADM post it here and the 6g dogs will be released on them with dozens of 1 star reviews. Make sure you tell them that if and when the time comes.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you know, since this is a trending topic for the past 6 months ... legally I was curious if this could fall under extortion. it's very borderline since it is your vehicle that you reserved and ordered. Literally they are saying pay me 10k or we wont sell you "your" car to you. It's not like the RSVP is under the dealers name and you are buying an inbound inventory car from them. You made the rsvp, rsvp is in your name, dealer is holding it hostage. (fyi i am not a lawyer but it's just a thought)

I get it if you bought the car... resold to the dealer for let's say 5k more than what you bought it for... then the dealer sold it 10k+ over MSRP as a used car that's high in demand.

🤷‍♂️

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The first thing you need to do is go talk to them. Not on the phone or email, but walk in and talk to the sales manager and anyone else you can. Have a positive attitude. If you are a jerk, it makes it a lot easier for them to screw you. Take the paperwork from when you ordered with them and both of you sign with the price. No need to call Ford now as nothing has happened.

Sponsored

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you actually have an e-mail assurance, I'm curious as to what that says. If it is clear that they will charge you MSRP without any additional mark up, I would think you'd be in pretty good shape. Much of what others who have been charged ADM had was lacking, often just a print of the order form. I think it's fair to ask for an understanding of what the total is going to be, purchase price, doc fees, TTL, etc. even if it's not yet a full purchase agreement.

OP
OP

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, I was certainly not asking the B6G community to fire up the 1 star machine (not yet anyway). Especially since they responded today seemingly offering to provide me with what I asked for. We'll see if I get it. I hear what you're all saying about building a positive rapport with them although I'm not sure how practical that is at this point. I've already had some contentious conversations with them earlier in this process where I called them out on falsehoods they were telling me (I'm sure they hate informed consumers). My concern over showing up in person is being able to constrain my anger.

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it’s a local dealer just stop in and talk to them face to face..Don’t play phone tag with them..I bought mine from a local small town dealer and heard all kind of horror stories about them..I stopped by the dealer at least twice a month checking on my order. My Bronco was final built and delivered with no mark ups or hidden cost..

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, I was certainly not asking the B6G community to fire up the 1 star machine (not yet anyway). Especially since they responded today seemingly offering to provide me with what I asked for. We'll see if I get it. I hear what you're all saying about building a positive rapport with them although I'm not sure how practical that is at this point. I've already had some contentious conversations with them earlier in this process where I called them out on falsehoods they were telling me (I'm sure they hate informed consumers). My concern over showing up in person is being able to constrain my anger.
Yeah, it sounds like you’re probably f*%#’d. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

Reactions: Jdc

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are already doing the right thing by getting out in front of it. Definitely focus your efforts on your dealer. Asking for a written price before delivery is a very reasonable request, and shows that you are 100% a serious buyer...you need to work out the funding right?

OP
OP

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you are already doing the right thing by getting out in front of it. Definitely focus your efforts on your dealer. Asking for a written price before delivery is a very reasonable request, and shows that you are 100% a serious buyer...you need to work out the funding right?
Agree fully. We're planning on selling some stock for the purchase and we wouldn't if we knew this is going to fall through as I'm not willing to pay the extorsion.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B6G Members, I'm looking for some advice. I placed my Bronco reservation with a small dealer near me back in July 2020. Like all of you, I "hung in there" and waited for our Bronco to arrive and then we waited some more. It's finally scheduled to be built and I'm concerned my dealer is going to pull the surprise ADM game. My reasoning for this is that they just did this to another reservation holder last month (+$10K). He walked BTW. I've been prepping myself for this potential eventuality, even breaking my anti-social media stance by signing up for Twitter as that seemed the only way to engage Mike Levine (@mrlevine) but was promptly blocked. Odd for a Communications Director - I guess one-way communication is all they're interested in.

I did receive a returned call from my dealer rep this AM, as I hadn't received a response from my emails or voice messages prior. I reiterated my request for a fully executed buyers agreement outlining all charges with NO ADM (I only had verbal and email assurances since reservation). I got the "I'll speak to our Business Manager and have that drawn up for you". Seemingly positive on the surface but I'm unsure if this is simply a stalling tactic or what. Honestly, I'm unsure there is really anything I can do. My hope was that since this hasn't been built or shipped that potentially Ford could ship the Bronco to another dealer. I assume that is wishful thinking as the order with Ford is from my dealer, not me. My situation is at least not a ticking clock scenario where the ADM is announced when a reservation holder arrives to pick it up. I know simply calling to change dealers isn't going to happen given that I have a VIN and scheduled build but was again hoping that Ford could actually do something if they wanted to in a scenario like this.

Any suggestions on how to engage Ford if they're blocking us on Twitter? I have the general Customer Care numbers 800-334-4375 and 800-392-3673 but wasn't sure if there was another number to use for situations like surprise ADM charges. Also, does anyone know if Ford assists with a priority order if screwed over by a shady dealer or is it simply back to the end of the line? Thanks in advance!

FORD is putting a lot of pressure on dealers who are trying to gouge - their words - customers wanting to purchase a Lightning. Why the concern over their EV and not the Bronco?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43798...150-lightning-allocations-from-greedy-dealers
Sponsored