First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replying to direct questions with the phrase 'stay tuned' does not explicitly state that an answer will be provided in a relatively short time, however common understanding of the phrase leads people to believe an answer will be coming before long. In fact, it would be expected to be rather soon as people would never expect to be told to stay tuned for an event not coming until the next day, it has the aura of immediacy to it. So while technically not a lie, the wording used to deflect the question has a dishonest quality to it. The wording has obviously been chosen to imply one thing (immediacy) and the answer never comes. It is disrespectful and manipulative.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Replying to direct questions with the phrase 'stay tuned' does not explicitly state that an answer will be provided in a relatively short time, however common understanding of the phrase leads people to believe an answer will be coming before long. In fact, it would be expected to be rather soon as people would never expect to be told to stay tuned for an event not coming until the next day, it has the aura of immediacy to it. So while technically not a lie, the wording used to deflect the question has a dishonest quality to it. The wording has obviously been chosen to imply one thing (immediacy) and the answer never comes. It is disrespectful and manipulative.
Marketing 101

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've received two emails (May 28th, June 25th) from Ford directly, both acknowledging delays. So to say they aren't communicating is not true.

Just how many would be acceptable? Every time there's a rumor on the internet?
Well, if your someone whose Bronco was built 40 days ago and it hasn't shipped, yeah, you deserve an update. Communication has typically come after the cats been out of the bag by an insider on places like this. Reactionary. People are much more forgiving when you keep them informed regularly and meaningfully. No one is expecting a weekly status update, but once every few months isn't cutting it for this high dollar item.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mike is not dishonest. He is just pretty limited on what he can say. He wouldn’t say something like this if new info wasn’t imminent.

Sponsored

LeeMac

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350/Expedition/Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer Rep notified my dealer that a communication will be put out about the Broncos in purgatory tomorrow afternoon. We shall see.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t really know what else they are supposed to say at this point. They have already said, “Listen everybody. We screwed up and picked the lowest bidder on tops. We have no idea when the issue is going to be resolved. We will give you some free crap to keep you happy until we can give you more details.”

I guess most people want something more like, “My dearest reservation holder. Not a day passes without the agonizing pain of knowing the heartache that the production of one of the best off-roading vehicles of all time taking longer than expected has caused you. Ford is setting up a special foundation to cover the therapy bills for those of you that are sad. We are also sending you 22 lbs box of tissues to dry your tears. All that said, we still have no idea when you’re getting your Bronco. If you don’t want to wait, buy a Jeep. ”

Maybe that would help…
“Sorry, we take responsibility for the delays, here is what’s going on.” I think that would placate just about all of us, whether we’re entitled or deserve it or not.

Simple mea culpas and apologies work wonders. I still haven’t seen Ford try it.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer Rep notified my dealer that a communication will be put out about the Broncos in purgatory tomorrow afternoon. We shall see.
Interesting... hopefully this is true and hopefully the communication isn't just a pep talk but instead provides details for what we should expect.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, if your someone whose Bronco was built 40 days ago and it hasn't shipped, yeah, you deserve an update. Communication has typically come after the cats been out of the bag by an insider on places like this. Reactionary. People are much more forgiving when you keep them informed regularly and meaningfully. No one is expecting a weekly status update, but once every few months isn't cutting it for this high dollar item.
50 Days...

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've received two emails (May 28th, June 25th) from Ford directly, both acknowledging delays. So to say they aren't communicating is not true.

Just how many would be acceptable? Every time there's a rumor on the internet?
You don’t have to simp this hard for Ford to **** you. They’re already doing it to everyone in this thread

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have this site for updates....We probably know more than Ford does.
I'm reading page 6 of this thread and the only info was from Mike Levine saying an update is coming. I read another over 30 page thread and the only news was PremierDrum telling us issues exist. The rest is whining and complaining. Can't we do any better than to try and blame everyone in sight because Ford is trying to fix the issues and taking longer than people want?

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know Mike Levine or anything about him, but I know leaders need to step up and take the spears for their people. Where’s Jim Farley? Has this not risen to his attention?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let me get this straight, the guy that is supposed to keep us pumped, does not even have enough faith in Ford to produce a quality Bronco to order his own? :unsure:
I don't know what to do and the lack of fluidity is terrible. I'm not even bitching about the TIMING at this point. My build is stuck in a purgatory of WTF. I don't know what do do about my top. I WANT a hardtop. I'm currently sitting at 8/30 blend date, with my ideal build. If it gets built and sent to parking lot hell, then I'd take a softie now. If its getting shipped with a shit hardtop and I get a new hardtop later, send it home. I am before the Softtop with hardtop prep date, so i dont want to delete the hardtop and get no prep...... * BUT I would willingly delete it if i got prep OR finance dual tops and take a good hard one when available later. BUT I CAN NOT MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION. I AM NOT INFORMED. @Ford Motor Company

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why do people assume thats all he is allowed to say? He clearly is either so out of touch he has no idea what the community and Ford customers want, or he is a complete liar. Nowhere in between. Hard fact. Mike can tell us what we want to hear, he just doesn't want to. He has made this clear a number of times.
Probably because some realize talking out of turn comes with severe consequences in a situation like this.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
F150 tremor is looking mighty nice right about now.
I can honestly say the Bronco is so much more fun in every way than my 18 Platinum F150 was. Don't get me wrong, F150 is amazing, but a Full size Bronco with a 2006 Silverado RegCab 8 foot bed with 201000 miles and lifter knock is my work play set-up!
Sponsored