Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t really know what else they are supposed to say at this point. They have already said, “Listen everybody. We screwed up and picked the lowest bidder on tops. We have no idea when the issue is going to be resolved. We will give you some free crap to keep you happy until we can give you more details.”

I guess most people want something more like, “My dearest reservation holder. Not a day passes without the agonizing pain of knowing the heartache that the production of one of the best off-roading vehicles of all time taking longer than expected has caused you. Ford is setting up a special foundation to cover the therapy bills for those of you that are sad. We are also sending you 22 lbs box of tissues to dry your tears. All that said, we still have no idea when you’re getting your Bronco. If you don’t want to wait, buy a Jeep. ”

Maybe that would help…
People on this forum would complain the tissues were either too rough or too soft.
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, you believe Mike Levine is "directly lying" to us. Can you share what he's said that you believe is a direct lie?

I see him not sharing much with us. It's definitely frustrating. I'd love to know more. And I respect how challenging it is to try to meet the needs of 120,000+ people. Heck, I know, based on experience, how challenging it is to share "transparent" information in a format that can be understood and will actually help with a much smaller audience, let alone all Bronco customers.

That's my perspective, but I'm always a little put on edge by someone calling someone else a "liar." I'd be interested to see what he's said that's a lie.
I think withholding information germain to such an important topic can absolutely be a lie. When you ask someone a direct question who knows the answer and you get a vague non answer thats covering up the fact that you do not want to tell the truth.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do people assume thats all he is allowed to say? He clearly is either so out of touch he has no idea what the community and Ford customers want, or he is a complete liar. Nowhere in between. Hard fact. Mike can tell us what we want to hear, he just doesn't want to. He has made this clear a number of times.
"Hard fact. Mike can tell us what we want to hear, he just doesn't want to. He has made this clear a number of times.

Huh? Well I would like to hear that I'm getting my Bronco next week and the MIC issue has been resolved and there are no longer constraints. So I hope he doesn't say something like that unless it's true. Otherwise.....

Ford will provide an update as the information becomes available .

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we all should flood his Twitter account with messages about our frustrations regarding the lack of communication and his repeated canned responses. I’ve already messages him myself.

If every member on this forum messaged him once, I think it would send a clear message.
If you want to make some real noise, get some news organization involved. Submit it to a tip line as a story recommendation or request.

Include the lack of communication, the delays, the hard top fiasco with Webasto, the defective units, seized engine, damage from transports, dealers stealing Broncos from reservation holders and throwing $20k+ markups and selling them to the highest bidders, units being delivered with bad hard tops, soft tops rubbing paint off, staying pumped... I'm sure there's some other stuff I'm forgetting. :ROFLMAO:

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Serious answers:
  • No, I'm a December res. I don't expect a Bronco for a while.
  • If it was one of the one that has been parked I'm not entitled to an answer. As far as the customer is concerned the item is not yet ready for sale. Why is not important.
  • The only communication I'm entitled to is when the dealer contacts me to say there is a Bronco at their shop for me to purchase.
  • I have received several communications from Ford and that is all I expect. I have not reached out to them and I will not. The only reason I will reach out to Ford is to address an actual issue with a purchased product. Otherwise I (and all of you) are only potential customers.
I waited months for my last custom ordered Ford. I never got any updates from either Ford or the dealer. And I survived.
Firstly I'll say my world has not ended because of a lack of delivery of my Bronco. I was disappointed when the spring and now summer delivery went down the toilet, but considering the issues people are reporting, they may have done me a favor.

This is an online forum, so naturally it's a bitchfest for lots of things, as that is the nature of the beast. However, Ford has majorly failed when it comes to communication. I said it in another thread that CX is my job and the #1 thing that is vital, especially for any long term journey/transaction is communication to keep the customer informed.

You are 100% wrong about the only communication you are owed is when the dealer calls you to let you know it's there. So if you order a pizza and are quoted 30-45 minutes for delivery, you are not owed an explanation or update at the 1hr 30 min mark? When you order a product from a retailer that is supposed to arrive in 2 business days, at day 10 you are not owed communication? When you dodge communication, you are telling the consumer either they don't matter or you are hiding from them hoping it will go away. I see this every day with my work. Ford gets a big fat F when it comes to communication. In no way am I bitching about the Broncos not being ready, but instead how they have dodged communicating with the 125,000 reservation holders regularly and meaningfully.

Sponsored

NateDogg

First Edition
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think I fall in the “Why are you crushing Mike?” club. The lack of communication is very likely because the fact change every day. They do not control the entire supply chain. They also can’t just terminate anticipated suppliers and replace them like a contractor. The rapid changing facts make it hard to send a coherent message. In the end, that will have to be the message. It just doesn’t look good for Ford to say we don’t know. Tough these days. Not easy to run a company in this environment. There is no doubt they want to sell Broncos. That is what they do. Make/Sell cars...
Pretty sure they’re only MAKING Broncos, not SELLING them.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People need to respond to Ford's social media Bronco blitz with pictures of MIC top problems and camp dirt pile parking lot. Once that gets picked up (in a serous way) by a few media sources, Ford will have to address it. Right now Ford seems to have the news pretty much in lock step with their marketing messaging, all things considered.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Firstly I'll say my world has not ended because of a lack of delivery of my Bronco. I was disappointed when the spring and now summer delivery went down the toilet, but considering the issues people are reporting, they may have done me a favor.

This is an online forum, so naturally it's a bitchfest for lots of things, as that is the nature of the beast. However, Ford has majorly failed when it comes to communication. I said it in another thread that CX is my job and the #1 thing that is vital, especially for any long term journey/transaction is communication to keep the customer informed.

You are 100% wrong about the only communication you are owed is when the dealer calls you to let you know it's there. So if you order a pizza and are quoted 30-45 minutes for delivery, you are not owed an explanation or update at the 1hr 30 min mark? When you order a product from a retailer that is supposed to arrive in 2 business days, at day 10 you are not owed communication? When you dodge communication, you are telling the consumer either they don't matter or you are hiding from them hoping it will go away. I see this every day with my work. Ford gets a big fat F when it comes to communication. In no way am I bitching about the Broncos not being ready, but instead how they have dodged communicating with the 125,000 reservation holders regularly and meaningfully.
Ford's communication is garbage. In the year-ish since I've reserved and ordered my bronco I've received 25 spam messages from ford regarding contests and other vehicles, 10 spam messages about the bronco/off roadeo and a grand total of 4 messages related to my reservation/order. Two about hardtops (which I didn't order) and the other two were the one about my reservation and order being confirmed. In total all I know is I reserved and ordered. That's it. Ford communication is garbage

Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cryptic… Could be more bad news on a Friday afternoon.

Or it could be another envelope full of stickers and maybe a colouring book.

”Hang in there.”
22lbs worth! Can’t wait.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think withholding information germain to such an important topic can absolutely be a lie. When you ask someone a direct question who knows the answer and you get a vague non answer thats covering up the fact that you do not want to tell the truth.
#onsoapbox

I disagree. Not answering a question, or answering it more vaguely than desired, isn't lying. Lying is answering with deliberately false or misleading information.

I am just sensitive to people maligning another's character that way. You may not agree with the way Mike Levine does his job, but calling a person a liar because you don't like the way he's doing his job isn't cool.

I don't know him, so I have no way of knowing his character, but I don't believe you do either. The world would be a better place if we didn't attack human beings this way. It just struck me as a mean-spirited comment with no place on a forum that exists to build a community.

#offsoapbox

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many times can one person say "stay tuned?"
Possibly as many times as the same question keeps getting asked. :) He obviously can't go into detail if Ford doesn't approve it. At least he said something is coming.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've received two emails (May 28th, June 25th) from Ford directly, both acknowledging delays. So to say they aren't communicating is not true.

Just how many would be acceptable? Every time there's a rumor on the internet?
Sponsored