Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got back from converting my 7/15 order:

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 4.03.57 PM.png

While I was shooting the shit with the salesperson, I asked what kind of orders he's seeing the most of, and he said without a doubt, people are ordering Wildtrak w/ Lux Package the most. We both pondered whether or not that could mean I get mine possibly earlier than expected, since Wildtraks & Lux Packages are specifically called out as one of the Deadly.

Then I mentioned that the order banks are closing soon. He said it wouldn't surprise him in the least if Ford extends the conversion window, citing their dealership only converted 31% of orders, and nationally Ford only converted 38% (I know we've been told 42% here, but seemed pretty adamant the number is actually 38%). I obviously hope that now the case, and they get cracking on these conversions, but it makes sense would want to report a higher conversation number publicly.

Well, now I guess I sit back and wait like the rest of you early converters.
The 42% was mentioned several weeks ago. Changing 4% is very possible.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Then I mentioned that the order banks are closing soon. He said it wouldn't surprise him in the least if Ford extends the conversion window, citing their dealership only converted 31% of orders, and nationally Ford only converted 38% (I know we've been told 42% here, but seemed pretty adamant the number is actually 38%). I obviously hope that now the case, and they get cracking on these conversions, but it makes sense would want to report a higher conversation number publicly.
With so many dealers acting like slimeballs, not returning calls, wanting ADM markup or large non-refundable deposits, I think they drove off a lot of potential sales.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting until the last week to either convert at your current dealer or decide to switch to another dealer?

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in for the long haul so I'll just post incessantly on the forum until I have something in the driveway. Then I'll figure out how to post from the trail.
You and me both, buddy.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With so many dealers acting like slimeballs, not returning calls, wanting ADM markup or large non-refundable deposits, I think they drove off a lot of potential sales.
I think that happens in general. Which is why places like Carvana and Tesla are so appealing to some people. Hereā€™s you price. Hereā€™s your car. The old way of buying cars canā€™t die fast enough.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once these hit the streets and people see them, that's when the next craze is gonna happen. There's going to be a lot of bummed people saying "well if I knew I could put in a reservation I would've done it!".
At $4/gallon.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which mean the next schedule cycle could look a lot different. Has anyone on the site plotted when the reservations where submitted? I assume a majority of the people here were within the first week, but I wonder how it tapered off after that.
Yes, there is a reservation-order conversion thread.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that happens in general. Which is why places like Carvana and Tesla are so appealing to some people. Hereā€™s you price. Hereā€™s your car. The old way of buying cars canā€™t die fast enough.
My Scion, Saturn and Hertz buys were like that and they were all solid purchases. Felt like wins for all sides.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Scion, Saturn and Hertz buys were like that and they were all solid purchases. Felt like wins for all sides.
The problem with fixed price on new cars is when supply outstrips demand. How do manufacturers adjust price without appearing to screw over past customers ?

Saturn Ion is a good example of the problem of fixed price. To move stock Saturn ran a super low lease on the Ion- $99 a month -$99 down. They did it by providing a cap cost deduction in the thousands. So a buyer paid full MSRP while a lessee could lease and than buyout and save over a thousand.

Had a Scion Tc -It was a good car. I don't think Toyota screwed with the pricing like that.

Last edited:

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People were hopeful and making purchase plans like Covid did not exist.....
I think reality has set in for alot of folks and they are now realizing Due to Covid impact financially they can't swing it right now....
So for any of us lucky enough to get one and be able to afford it let's be cognitive of that...

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 42% was mentioned several weeks ago. Changing 4% is very possible.
Yeah, but the number as advertised was based on all reservations...so the only way that number could have dropped is if there were more reservations that came in that significantly outpaced orders converted. That seems unlikely, even 4%.

Not like this matters much...

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I read, the more curious I am over whats going to happen. It looks to me like small dealers are going to gain reservations as bigger dealers loose them due to conversion rate. I'm guessing national to be end around 50%, but I think rural dealers are going to be much higher and city slightly lower.

I guess this makes sense thinking about it, my rural customers (on average) look at it as a agreement to buy so they aren't looking at it as only $100, where city customers tend to look at it as only $100 to get a chance to buy if they want it. I don't remember the exact, but our KC region was above national on conversions, and our zone (all small rural dealers) was even higher, 10% or so above average.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I talked to multiple dealers in FL before I decided to go to Stephens. I learned enough about gross FL dealers (or nice ones who were Bronco clueless) to say it is totally worth it to me to take a mini vaca to pick up my Bronco. My dealer literally didn't believe I would be switching or getting a below invoice deal. Geesh.

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting until the last week to either convert at your current dealer or decide to switch to another dealer?
I just wanted to keep my options open, if news came out about another delay, or allocation adjustment, etc. At the end of the day, I received invoice pricing from a neighborhood dealership, and my chances of getting a first cycle Bronco have increased because of the lower than expected conversion rates. Iā€™m a happy camper. Impatient, but happy.

I also wanted to convert closer to the close so my actual wait time would feel shorter (by nearly two months!) than if I had converted right away in January. Since time stamp stays with the order, I didnā€™t see the benefit

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I'm confused. So you weren't going to convert to an order if you couldn't get a MY21? Since you think you have a good shot based on conversion rate you went ahead and converted? So had that rate been say 75% you would have said "the hell with it. I don't want one at all if I can't get in on the first batch?"
Sponsored