First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If someone gave you a dose of pentathol, "truth serum", would their misunderstanding of the math give you even a slight smile? :devilish: :alien:
Always hope to get more so in that regard yes, but that said, most of the dealers I know I consider friends. Managers at dealers tend to know each other from meetings and dealer trades and most get along pretty well, salesman are regarded in about the same light as there are on this forums though.

There are always a few that aren't liked, there was one in the midwest that would dealer trade a car from you, then drive it across town and deliver it to one of your customers, they didn't have many friends (and getting warranty work got tough for their customers), so there's always feuds, but I try to help out other dealers if I can (and it doesn't hurt me).

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Always hope to get more so in that regard yes, but that said, most of the dealers I know I consider friends. Managers at dealers tend to know each other from meetings and dealer trades and most get along pretty well, salesman are regarded in about the same light as there are on this forums though.

There are always a few that aren't liked, there was one in the midwest that would dealer trade a car from you, then drive it across town and deliver it to one of your customers, they didn't have many friends (and getting warranty work got tough for their customers), so there's always feuds, but I try to help out other dealers if I can (and it doesn't hurt me).
I was really just trying to be a bit wise-cracky. Sorry it wasn't clear. It was really just in the vein of friendly competition.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hereā€™s the info from @LEGEND, who works at MAP and is tied into the plant and itā€™s ops:

He had estimated 75k this year and then full production next year... but thereā€™s the plan rate of production when full up. 1,000 per day.
From my past post on MAP

From The Motley Fool" 12-9-20 Adam Levine-Weinberg-

"It's also important to remember that the Bronco is a relatively small part of the Blue Oval's turnaround plan. Ford will produce the Bronco at its Michigan Assembly Plant. The factory can churn out more than 200,000 vehicles a year, but about half of its capacity is devoted to the Ranger midsize pickup. "

Wiki-
Ranger 2020 sales - 101,486

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From my past post on MAP

"It's also important to remember that the Bronco is a relatively small part of the Blue Oval's turnaround plan. Ford will produce the Bronco at its Michigan Assembly Plant. The factory can churn out more than 200,000 vehicles a year, but about half of its capacity is devoted to the Ranger midsize pickup. "

Wiki-
And weā€™re expected to believe the lead singer of Maroon 5? šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From my past post on MAP

Wiki-
MAP bronco capacity with the 2nd shift might be 100,000 units. The trick is the hundreds of suppliers capacity and quality have to match the take rate. Think of it as stars aligning at launch.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe I read they will also be cutting production of Ranger to meet demand of Bronco so don't look at it as half and half.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe I read they will also be cutting production of Ranger to meet demand of Bronco so don't look at it as half and half.
I donā€™t. I look at the supplier thatā€™s the slowest zebra for each week of production.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I donā€™t. I look at the supplier thatā€™s the slowest zebra for each week of production.
How do you do that black magic? Not trying to be a smart ass, genuinely curious.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure what black magic refers too. Iā€™m basing the supplier limitations on experience.
Harry Potter reference...actually I think it was dark magic...oh well, the reference missed either way.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've seen 20/80 in many threads by those that are supposed to know this.

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wondering if others ran into this or heard of this. I'm a late entry Oct 2020 reservation holder. When conversion started I received an EM from dealer that I was to far out to reserve a 2021. My ordering will be in Summer for a 2022. Than I'm told jusy DAYS before March 19 that I can now convert and that based on my selections good chance I can get a 2021 as the dealer is contacted by Ford to add people. My order is pending and I'm being told I may need to order again for a 2022. Dealer has been good so far. Not sure what sparked this! Was Ford seeing room for more last minute additions! Was my large dealer down on conversions based on allocations! On the short list with fingers crossed. Ford confirmed order was processed after dealer submitted.

zuluflyboy

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So let me get this straight....

190 thousand reservations was the Ford number that we heard from Estaban (on his Q & A video). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also,
It was reflected that after 9/18/20 reservation date, future reservations would be moved to MY22 (after Dec. 31, 2021).

Also,
We know that the Michigan plant can build conservatively 600 Bronco's per day. Therefore, (with a 5 day work week ), we can expect approximately 12,000 Bronco's conservatively built per month. (This even includes the 2-4 thousand manikins built prior to June 1).

If you go by the expected production from June 1st, 2021 through Dec. 31 ,2021, dates (for model year 2021 builds) , we arrive at approximately 84,000 Bronco's built for the year.

So if we go by the current estimation of 66% converted orders.....66% of 190,000 = 125,400 converted orders.

Therefore: 84,000 broncos built for this year (June 1 - Dec.31) and 41,400 Broncos for model year 2022 (Jan 1 - March 15th) = 125,400 converted orders built.

From what I'm gathering, everything looks like it will be more or less ON SCHEDULE and meet the expectations of what we have been told (given the delayed timetables).

I know it is a hard pill to swallow, but I'm going to bide my time and be happy when I finally get my new Badlands (when ever it shows up)!!!!!

Congrats Ford for converting 66% of your reservations to orders!!!!!
well said. Im not dropping anything, no matter how long it takes. Im getting my 2 door velocity blue Big Bend Squatch with the mid package. I don't care how long it takes. Ive been waiting for over 25 years for this...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if others ran into this or heard of this. I'm a late entry Oct 2020 reservation holder. When conversion started I received an EM from dealer that I was to far out to reserve a 2021. My ordering will be in Summer for a 2022. Than I'm told jusy DAYS before March 19 that I can now convert and that based on my selections good chance I can get a 2021 as the dealer is contacted by Ford to add people. My order is pending and I'm being told I may need to order again for a 2022. Dealer has been good so far. Not sure what sparked this! Was Ford seeing room for more last minute additions! Was my large dealer down on conversions based on allocations! On the short list with fingers crossed. Ford confirmed order was processed after dealer submitted.
You were always able to convert your order all along. The deadline was for Ford to schedule first quarter builds, and count how many early reservations a dealership converted to count towards their allocation.

Not sure why your specific dealership decided suddenly they did want to get your order entered... maybe their early reservation conversions were lower than expected and they are thinking youā€™re in the running for a MY21 (but late October is *really* late). In order to be considered for a build your order must be converted.

Whether or not you convert now, at a certain point MY22 ordering will open with whatever options become available, and youā€™ll need to put in an order specific to MY22.

If you didnā€™t convert, that would be your first order. If you already did, youā€™ll just update your options.

No matter what, your timestamp remains what Ford uses to rank the build order.
Sponsored