20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke with my dealer late this afternoon, they had twenty one reservations, two have cancelled, three have delayed to 2022 models, sixteen have orders placed. Their allocation was seven, and all of the seven allocations have ordered for 2021 models. I was number six of the seven allocated.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Back in 1986, Michael Keaton was able to pump out 15k cars in one month with the help of Norm from Cheers, so I think Ford should be able to at least hit that number in 2021.
Hook up with John DeLorean?

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They are tight lipped about it today
I know your numbers will be higher than the average dealer, but how many of your reservations were converted to a “19” order? Rough percentage?

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know your numbers will be higher than the average dealer, but how many of your reservations were converted to a “19” order? Rough percentage?
Of the pre 9/19 reservations (203), there are 39 priority '99's'.
That's 80.8% priority 19, 19.2% priority 99.

I believe nearly all of his reservations were converted.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservations before that date that are converted to orders count in the dealer allocation formula for MY21. Ford never intended nor did they say the date had any other impact, but some people read it as a MY21 cutoff date. It was never that. Meaningless except in regards to the formula.
This is true that Ford never said this was a cut off but Ford did say that no dealership would get more allocation then reservation orders. So definitely makes it sound like the chance of being after the cut off getting a MY21.

You could have a dealership that converts 100% pre date to order but coded 80% as 99 and still have allocation to put those over that date into a MY21 or of course the specific build pushing people into a MY22.

Is it possible yes, but I bet very few would be after that cut off date.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there will be a big change when projected build dates are announced. I'm sure there are a lot that expect a couple of months after job #1. When they find out it will really be 8 months to a year, the bottom will fall out. I'm only willing to hold out for about 6 months and I'm sure I'm not the only one that will only wait so long.
I just don't want to be in the "dead zone." I prefer August, but if it's going to be November/December, I'd just as soon have a model '22 rather than a '21. But I'm not canceling--just deciding whether to stick with my current status or go 99.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The guy on here that works there said max possible is 20k per month for Bronco. Optimal conditions, everything perfect. So real world maybe they get close eventually, but should be able to crank 12-15k monthly this year as a reasonable estimate when full go.
An easy rule of thumb in auto production is one per minute. It's a little more than that in a well-running plant, but that's a good number for Bronco production considering it's starting from scratch. If there's on shift for Broncos, you can calculate production based on a 5 or 5.5 day work week (assuming some Saturdays). Don't count holidays and don't forget MY22 switchover is in December.

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

80%...check out my 3% under thread...1st post, last page of the pdf shows % on 2022 + contraints

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in 1986, Michael Keaton was able to pump out 15k cars in one month with the help of Norm from Cheers, so I think Ford should be able to at least hit that number in 2021.
haha I saw that movie at the drive in! Gung Ho, maybe?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't try it please... Your way brings out all the wiseasses.... Like me 🤷‍♂️

Edit: I don't even know what thread I'm in, clicked a link in a DM :unsure:
Me neither. Clicked pg 1 and read it. Clicked the last page and I'm pretty sure the topic has changed now.
Sponsored