Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What cracks me up is every time BN does one of their live q&A, this topic never comes up. At least not that I've seen. I think one times one may have asked how many quarts of oil, but that's not the correct question.

Seems like it would be a simple question for the Ford crew to answer..."there seems to be inconsistency between documentation, how much oil, and what the proper dipstick reading should be.... Can you clarify and explain why Ford keeps changing the dipstick part number and documented quarts?"
Sponsored

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What cracks me up is every time BN does one of their live q&A, this topic never comes up. At least not that I've seen. I think one times one may have asked how many quarts of oil, but that's not the correct question.

Seems like it would be a simple question for the Ford crew to answer..."there seems to be inconsistency between documentation, how much oil, and what the proper dipstick reading should be.... Can you clarify and explain why Ford keeps changing the dipstick part number and documented quarts?"
Yes it seems pretty ridiculous

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this just out in broadcast messages this morning
SSM 50981 2021-2022 Bronco – 2.7L GTDI Engine – Service Oil Capacity UpdateThe 2021-2022 Bronco 2.7L GTDI engine oil capacity specification with oil filter change has been updated to 6 quarts. The workshop manual has been updated with this information and electronic versions of the owner’s manual are in process of receiving the update. Following the previously recommended capacity is not necessary, but will not cause any harm to the engine. The initial fill capacity for a new/dry engine remains 7.5 quarts.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SSM 50981 2021-2022 Bronco – 2.7L GTDI Engine – Service Oil Capacity UpdateThe 2021-2022 Bronco 2.7L GTDI engine oil capacity specification with oil filter change has been updated to 6 quarts. The workshop manual has been updated with this information and electronic versions of the owner’s manual are in process of receiving the update. Following the previously recommended capacity is not necessary, but will not cause any harm to the engine. The initial fill capacity for a new/dry engine remains 7.5 quarts.
Oh...NO... this blows the theory that overfilling will ruin your engine... still going to run 7 qt. in mine....

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bet they'll change the initial fill to 6.5qts. No way in hell the bean counters won't have a say in that. So far that's what 40,000 wasted quarts of oil?

Btw, a big thank you to @Rednek and @flip for pushing for answers and @WildGreekSquatch for making us aware.

Now we have to find out what the difference is with the FT4Z-6750-C stick which is the current correct one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JFC! 🤦‍♂️🤡

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh...NO... this blows the theory that overfilling will ruin your engine... still going to run 7 qt. in mine....
Maybe just some engines. Like the 25,000 early 2.7s before they beefed up the valves to takes the stress of an overfilled engine.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had my oil changed at my dealer today and it’s 6 quarts. Glad they got the message!

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe just some engines. Like the 25,000 early 2.7s before they beefed up the valves to takes the stress of an overfilled engine.
I believe it has been stated that it was not the valves but the valve spring retainer.... besides I don't think that 7qt will put stress on the engine.... if it did... they would have not said that 7qt is ok...plus they are still filling to 7.5qt at the factory

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is this the final word?

why would a dry engine get 7.5 quarts?

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
a quart and a half?!
I think it is still to have 7qt. they just don't want to have to replace thousands of dip sticks... so running 6 won't hurt the engine... just makes people happy that now the dip stick is correct.... just my thinking....

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turns out it doesn’t matter….6 or 7 quarts for an oil change.
The biggest revelation is that one quart “overfill“ is not overfill and doesn’t hurt a thing.😎

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it is still to have 7qt. they just don't want to have to replace thousands of dip sticks... so running 6 won't hurt the engine... just makes people happy that now the dip stick is correct.... just my thinking....
seems like a risky bet to tell a bunch of people to change the oil amount in engine because the dipstick is wrong
Sponsored