First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm out. Until Ford screws this up again, see ya.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my first oil change yesterday for the Bronco, 2.7L. They added 7 without me having to ask, no issues.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll check tomorrow to confirm, but my experience with the new dipstick and an oil change Sunday is that you can drain enough out where a subsequent 7 qt fill will land at the top of the dipstick’s range, but only if you let it drain for nearly an hour before filling.

The draining process takes an eternity.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll check tomorrow to confirm, but my experience with the new dipstick and an oil change Sunday is that you can drain enough out where a subsequent 7 qt fill will land at the top of the dipstick’s range, but only if you let it drain for nearly an hour before filling.

The draining process takes an eternity.
If you are referring to the new "C"stick, 7 quarts puts the level WAY higher than the top hash line (because the C stick is intended to measure 6 quarts). If you are referring to the Raptor-stick that we thought was the correct stick for the Bronco (until it wasn't), 7 quarts is just below the top hash line. I don't think the C sticks are in stock just yet (or that they have made their way into any built Broncos). I currently have the initial stick, the Raptor stick, and the C stick. I have changed the oil 3x so far and if the oil is warm, the engine has been shut off for at least 15 minutes, and the filter is removed first, it takes about 30 seconds for all the oil to drain out...the drain hole is large and the oil shoots out like a fountain.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you're feeling froggy you can drive the small roll pin out of the handle, find your optimum oil level, mark, cut it off of the top, redrill the small hole, reinstall roll pin. Voila.
I may do this myself and set it for 6.5 quarts :)

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I drained a quart out this morning and put the original factory supplied dip stick in and what do you know, a perfect reading! Right at the top of the hash marks. It's almost as if this stick was designed for this engine with 6 quarts of oil.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drained a quart out this morning and put the original factory supplied dip stick in and what do you know, a perfect reading! Right at the top of the hash marks. It's almost as if this stick was designed for this engine with 6 quarts of oil.
Which is why they have been doing 7.5 quarts on factory dry fills. ✅

Oh wait!!! o_O

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Which is why they have been doing 7.5 quarts on factory dry fills. ✅

Oh wait!!! o_O
I really can't wait for them to address this and tell us why they are filled at the factory with 7.5 qts.
Ford Bronco Dealer insists it’s 6 quarts for oil change on my 2.7L 1659546323166

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really can't wait for them to address this and tell us why they are filled at the factory with 7.5 qts.
1659546323166.png
I wish someone could get a response from the folks who actually add that factory fill and ask them if (after the SSM) it is still 7.5 OR if that is now really 6.5 (to reflect the 6 quarts capacity). It made sense that they used 7.5 quarts before they realized the capacity was 6, but makes zero sense to change the capacity in the manuals but to keep the factory fill the same.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1659546323166.png
Because it is a 7qt engine just like the Raptor with the wrong dip stick.... simple

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because it is a 7qt engine just like the Raptor with the wrong dip stick.... simple
Well, the Raptor is supposedly a 7.5 qt.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, the Raptor is supposedly a 7.5 qt.
Which means the 2.7 is factory filled to 7.5... same engines... the 2.7 is refilled at oil change to 7.0 so it won't seem too high on the dip stick that is the wrong length is my guess.... and if you can't get that last .05 qt out you will still have 7.5 in it just like the factory fill... I believe if the 2.7 can run and thousand are... run 7.5 with no problem....if it is bad to run 7 or 7.5 why does Ford recommend factory oil change at 7,500 to 10,000 miles... with 7.5 in it...

EndlezWaltz

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2021-2022 Bronco 2.7L GTDI engine oil capacity specification with oil filter change has been updated to 6 quarts. The workshop manual has been updated with this information and electronic versions of the owner’s manual are in process of receiving the update. Following the previously recommended capacity is not necessary, but will not cause any harm to the engine. The initial fill capacity for a new/dry engine remains 7.5 quarts.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Which means the 2.7 is factory filled to 7.5... same engines... the 2.7 is refilled at oil change to 7.0 so it won't seem too high on the dip stick that is the wrong length is my guess.... and if you can't get that last .05 qt out you will still have 7.5 in it just like the factory fill... I believe if the 2.7 can run and thousand are... run 7.5 with no problem....if it is bad to run 7 or 7.5 why does Ford recommend factory oil change at 7,500 to 10,000 miles... with 7.5 in it...
Ford owners manual specifies 7.5qt with oil filter for the 3.0. If you have the shop manual that shows 7.5qt is the initial fill I would like to see it.
Sponsored