Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is what I did. She seemed unaware on the process of changing "stolen" orders back to reservations and suggested I call the dealer.
As someone who manages people, it can be a challenge sometimes to disseminate new information... I would call back and you'll either get someone who's read their email, or insist it's a thing and that you need to be transferred to someone who's read their email.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is what I did. She seemed unaware on the process of changing "stolen" orders back to reservations and suggested I call the dealer.

According to Nickp's post and confirmed via Mike L, Ford recommends contacting the dealership first and have them back the order out of the system and return it to a reservation. If they are not willing to do so, then contact Ford Marketing. However, the process will probably take a few days to get implemented at Ford and you will probably have better luck next week. Remember, it took that department days to catch-up to Ford allowing a second reservation switch.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE.

My dealer finally returned my phone call minutes ago. After a bunch of fast talk on his end, I reminded him that I did not give him permission to convert my order. He offered up (really quickly I may add) that Ford has given them the ability to pull the order and convert back into a reservation. He said he would do so today and that it will probably take overnight to process but should show in my account tomorrow. I will keep an eye on it and update when it is back to a reservation.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE.

My dealer finally returned my phone call minutes ago. After a bunch of fast talk on his end, I reminded him that I did not give him permission to convert my order. He offered up (really quickly I may add) that Ford has given them the ability to pull the order and convert back into a reservation. He said he would do so today and that it will probably take overnight to process but should show in my account tomorrow. I will keep an eye on it and update when it is back to a reservation.
Did they offer you any deals? Did you ask for anything?
I want to transfer to another dealer, but thought about asking for invoice pricing first to see if they would do it to keep my order. Even if they did, I might still transfer after all this...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they offer you any deals? Did you ask for anything?
I want to transfer to another dealer, but thought about asking for invoice pricing first to see if they would do it to keep my order. Even if they did, I might still transfer after all this...
This particular reservation is #2 of mine and I have no reason to negotiate. My #1 res is already safe and sound in the hands of our Texas Group Buy dealer. When talking with this dealer, in his bit of opening fast talk, he said they were still waiting on pricing from Ford and they only had what is shown on B&P (which we all know is a lie) but it seemed like an attempt to stop any negotiating talk before it started.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is exactly why I placed a second reservation with Granger. I figured that some dealers would try to pull something shady with the pricing and I wanted to have a back up plan. Leave it up to these guys to come up with something even more sinister than just a simple markup. I'm glad to see that Ford seems to be stepping up to fix this.

On a lighter note.... @RobBroncowski I'm gonna have to respectfully ask you to change your handle to Glenn or one of the other less athletically gifted brothers.... (unless you are actually Gronk in which case I'll switch it up) ;)
@Rob_Broncowski, @Administrator graciously and quickly helped put me in my place. I will now be known as RobBroncowski Jr.

Is it weird if I call you Dad?

brewerfan_57

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of shady dealers.. I know someone that works at a Ford dealer. Was told I'm 14th on the list (they are allocated 28), but they are "doing employees first, and probably people that they know".

Is it possible for them to bypass me even if my reservation number is before theirs?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of shady dealers.. I know someone that works at a Ford dealer. Was told I'm 14th on the list (they are allocated 28), but they are "doing employees first, and probably people that they know".

Is it possible for them to bypass me even if my reservation number is before theirs?
Maybe he means putting their orders in first, so they can figure out how it works? It does not matter when you put your order in as long as its before March 19th for MY21, your reservation time stamp is what determines your build date.

brewerfan_57

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe he means putting their orders in first, so they can figure out how it works? It does not matter when you put your order in as long as its before March 19th for MY21, your reservation time stamp is what determines your build date.
That's what I was hoping as well..

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I talked to my dealer, FOX Ford of Cadillac, to try to get my reservation back, and they said they did this for all their reservation holders and told me I was the only one that had an issue with them doing it.
Maybe everyone else is OK with ordering without knowing what they are going to be paying?
He didn't sound like he had heard from Ford about wrongly converting reservations to orders, and was going to have to email regional sales to see what to do...

Sparky32

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 series conv, Ford F150, Maserati GranT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I talked to my dealer, FOX Ford of Cadillac, to try to get my reservation back, and they said they did this for all their reservation holders and told me I was the only one that had an issue with them doing it.
Maybe everyone else is OK with ordering without knowing what they are going to be paying?
He didn't sound like he had heard from Ford about wrongly converting reservations to orders, and was going to have to email regional sales to see what to do...
Sorry man he is lying to you. Sales people will tell you a bunch of lies to see what they can get away with, I would say that they need to revert back to reservation and if they say NO call Ford per the number listed in this thread. No way everyone is OK with it and sure many who are not on this forum unfortunately do not know.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Obviously it's your fault over being over sensitive to the situation. He was just trying to help you out and you're making a big fuss. No one else has a problem with it, why do you?

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? Capture.JPG

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This seems way out of line. Would they submit an order for a customer wanting an F150 crew cab without the buyers knowledge and signoff? I don't think so. They're playing games and trying to take the buyers options away from them. At the least, buyers should open that order back up and change it to what they want. I really, really don't like dealerships like this one.

I'd put it back on him/her. I'd say, "Would you like it, if your Bronco was transferred to an order without your knowledge, signature, agreement or price discussion?" And I wouldn't let him/her answer, I'd immediately say, "No you wouldn't. Back the order to a reservation, thank you."
Sponsored