First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just an update on my situation: I emailed the general manager of my selected dealership this morning explaining my situation and I stated I would cancel my entire order unless the $4k ADM was eliminated. I later got a call by the same salesperson who locked me into the dealership and he explained it was an honest mistake and that he would sell a bronco to me for msrp. So I ordered the 7 speed badlands 2 door in antimatter blue. Throughout the fall and winter I had planned to only spend around $35k but I guess I decided I'll just eat ramen for the next couple years so I can have those hero switches.
Did you get it in writing this time around?
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
I wouldn't let them off the hook that easy. If nothing else, I would use that screw up as leverage in negotiating a discount on the price.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a video I just saw with an opinion on reservations. He had a few comments about Granger as well.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: What a weird vlog, "Granger has many locations":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are one single point...:cool: with a fantastic following.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed Mike L extending him a personal thank you and he confirmed what was posted here and in Nickp's new thread.

Oh, and that video was painful to watch. Had to nope out pretty early.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe he meant allocations? Salutations? Exaltations?

Or he has no idea what he's talking about.
I watched the video again and he's obviously confused about Granger having more than 1 location. Just about everything else he said has been talked about time and time again here. He did say right at the beginning someone he knows from this site fed him that info. So, part of the blame starts here.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fictionalized account of what happened the past two days at Ford:

Early Wednesday morning:
Ford execs: Wow, awesome number of Bronco orders already being created.
BG6: There may be some dealers converting orders without confirmed agreement with the customer.

Noon Wednesday:
BG6: Seven pages of thread with indications that multiple dealers may be converting orders without approval the forum is getting restless.
Ford Customer Service: We are getting a number of calls from irritated Bronco reservation holders complaining about dealers
Ford execs: These Bronco order numbers are awesome. But we those folks on B6G are causing problems again.
Ford execs: Those B6G folks are easily distracted by shiny new objects. Get ahold of Levine and have him tweet out about how sweet the green 22 MY year Bronco will be.

Thursday morning:
Ford execs: Looks like we are going to hit that 75% reservation conversion rate, awesome numbers. Prepare a news update for Wall Street.
B6G: Looks like we better get some help from the news media to get to the bottom of this dealer order conversion problem.

Noon Thursday:
Ford Execs: These order conversion rates are awesome but B6G still has more thread pages about unscrupulous dealers than Levine's green 2022 Bronco.
B6G: This is getting out of hand with these dealers. Something must be done. Compile all of the affected members.
Ford Execs: New 2022 Bronco color decision. Green color available for all Bronco's and not just the Heritage model. Get Levine to send out a tweet.

Afternoon Thursday
Ford: We are sorry Jalopnik, Mr. Farley is not available can we take a message?
B6G: Ignoring Levine's green Bronco, time for an insurrection.
Me: Could it be a conspiracy?
Ford Execs: We have a problem. Time to make the dealers play by the rules we originally published for reservations. Send out an announcement that we will give customers a process to recover their reservation when there is a problem.

B6G: Hey look 2022 green Bronco available for any model. Awesome.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fictionalized account of what happened the past two days at Ford:

Early Wednesday morning:
Ford execs: Wow, awesome number of Bronco orders already being created.
BG6: There may be some dealers converting orders without confirmed agreement with the customer.

Noon Wednesday:
BG6: Seven pages of thread with indications that multiple dealers may be converting orders without approval the forum is getting restless.
Ford Customer Service: We are getting a number of calls from irritated Bronco reservation holders complaining about dealers
Ford execs: These Bronco order numbers are awesome. But we those folks on B6G are causing problems again.
Ford execs: Those B6G folks are easily distracted by shiny new objects. Get ahold of Levine and have him tweet out about how sweet the green 22 MY year Bronco will be.

Thursday morning:
Ford execs: Looks like we are going to hit that 75% reservation conversion rate, awesome numbers. Prepare a news update for Wall Street.
B6G: Looks like we better get some help from the news media to get to the bottom of this dealer order conversion problem.

Noon Thursday:
Ford Execs: These order conversion rates are awesome but B6G still has more thread pages about unscrupulous dealers than Levine's green 2022 Bronco.
B6G: This is getting out of hand with these dealers. Something must be done. Compile all of the affected members.
Ford Execs: New 2022 Bronco color decision. Green color available for all Bronco's and not just the Heritage model. Get Levine to send out a tweet.

Afternoon Thursday
Ford: We are sorry Jalopnik, Mr. Farley is not available can we take a message?
B6G: Ignoring Levine's green Bronco, time for an insurrection.
Me: Could it be a conspiracy?
Ford Execs: We have a problem. Time to make the dealers play by the rules we originally published for reservations. Send out an announcement that we will give customers a process to recover their reservation when there is a problem.

B6G: Hey look 2022 green Bronco available for any model. Awesome.
Further, Ford executives are asking themselves, why are we paying Bronco Nation?

Look at how much free publicity the Bronco6g forum generates!

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is exactly why I placed a second reservation with Granger. I figured that some dealers would try to pull something shady with the pricing and I wanted to have a back up plan. Leave it up to these guys to come up with something even more sinister than just a simple markup. I'm glad to see that Ford seems to be stepping up to fix this.

On a lighter note.... @RobBroncowski I'm gonna have to respectfully ask you to change your handle to Glenn or one of the other less athletically gifted brothers.... (unless you are actually Gronk in which case I'll switch it up) ;)
I have a twin brother???

Great minds think alike my friend! ?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was anyone able to get their fraudulent orders converted back to Reservations? I just called Ford Customer Service and she didn't know if it could be done.
Call the number listed below

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? Screenshot_20210121-204148_2

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call the number listed below

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? Screenshot_20210121-204148_2
That is what I did. She seemed unaware on the process of changing "stolen" orders back to reservations and suggested I call the dealer.
Sponsored