First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Raptor 2007 GT500 2020 GT500 2021 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im sure someone has already said this but just in case: Whether you want what they order you or not, they will get a unit and sell it (for probably more than you were to pay). I agree with your hunch about order conversion, now that Ford has probably processed their purchase orders for material supplies (Fasteners, Tires, etc). They made those inventory purchases based on reservation numbers, and they want to guarantee they use the parts up in vehicles as gauranteed sales.

Look, its business and I get it but telling dealers to convert orders without policies or guidelines is shady as sh*t. I feel horrible for those getting plowed under like this.
There are guidelines, dealers aren't supposed to convert a reservation until contacting customer to confirm the build spec's they want.
Sponsored

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Update on my situation:

short recap: dealer converted my reservation without contacting me, then called and asked for my build info to update the order. I have a day 1 FE reservation, but have been considering holding off for MY22 cause I just can’t get the right combination on the B&P to convince me to loosen the purse strings. I told the dealer I want to change it back to a reservation and they were supposed to be looking into it.

so, the update, they contacted me today with what I consider a shady request (don’t want to go into details in case they follow the forum) before eventually giving me the phone number and saying I needed to call Ford myself to revert to reservation. I called but it was after hours, so I’ll try again tomorrow.

Overall, not impressed with any part of this process.

radiocontrolhead

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are in T.O like me, is DCH Ford T.O your dealer? I got into it with the manager there, I was furious. I asked him to convert it back today with the statement from Ford copy and pasted and he said he would, so I'm waiting to see the results before I call customer service.
I sent him 3 e-mails this aM and put in writing I want BOTH of mine converted back ASAP. documenting all corresoondence. I also sent him a link to this thread.. :)

i'm also allocated to this dealership. what did they end up doing for you? was it Matt you spoke with? Have not heard anythign back from them... Migh walk in and stir things up

radiocontrolhead

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any good socal dealers they recommend who isn't shady? DCH in Thousand Oaks is pretty lame. i intend to switch it back to a reservation and switch dealership from them. Bad communication (none at all actually)

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious, does anyone know if your Ford account is supposed to update to what you ordered? I ordered a Wildtrak and my account says in-store order for a Big Bend, which is what I initially reserved but not what I ordered...

Sponsored

radiocontrolhead

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes! Matt is the person in charge of Broncos there...I did not want to call him out but after several calls and none returned I am getting concerned. What is interesting is that I called several other dealers, and they were all it only willing to speak with me but also very helpful and informative. I am ready to contact Ford directly and to pull both my converted reservations.

To clarify, Matt converted my first reservation with an inaccurate build sheet (based on the configurator prior to the automatic transmission screw up) and made no effort to provide me with an updated price (I also told him I wanted to delete the roof sound deadener because I'd rather go with the aftermarket kit), and that did not happen. He also converted my second reservation to an order without even asking me for a build sheet...and because he has not returned calls I was not able to even get him one.

On top of that, when the GM answered the phone today, when I complained about my calls not being returned, he suggested I leave another message and put it back on Matt...but not before he answered my inquiry about hidden charges/extra charges by sharing with me that DCH adds GPS and door edge guards are added to all the cars they sell...and he said I have to talk to Matt about that as well. The frustrating part is that I was told "other dealers charge even more" as I (we) should be thankful that the plan is to rip us off for "only" 1600...sigh. Ford did indicate that if a dealer converted a reservation to an order without customer consent that they would convert it back, and then we can move our reservation to another dealer if we wish.

very good to know. i didnt' like the non responses from matt. I've been patient and i think because i want the squatch and manual configuration i'll need to wait for MY22 regardless so converting to an order is completely ridiculous at this point.

Have you vetted any other local dealerships that seem trustworthy and willing to accept questions/phone calls? Matt's a complete bozo. I'll call ford first thing tomorrow.

Also when did you bring him the build sheet? I never got a call/email, nothing from the dealership at all!

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm done with Matt at DCH. Have zero interest in dealing with that terrible dealership. He didn't switch my reservation back yet so I'll be calling Ford tomorrow, I meant to do it today but too many telecons today. I want a MY22 anyway so I'm in no rush. Good to know about the GPS add on b.s. Pretty amazing that four of us on here are all unhappy with him. I wanted to buy local, but nope.

All of us on 6g at DCH need to switch dealers. They obviously have zero respect for us. They probably have enough reservations from suckers that don't know any better that they won't care. There is hundreds of dealers in socal, there is no reason to deal with jackass shady Matt and raise our stress levels.

Last edited:

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious, does anyone know if your Ford account is supposed to update to what you ordered? I ordered a Wildtrak and my account says in-store order for a Big Bend, which is what I initially reserved but not what I ordered...

Edit: I didn't technically order the Wildtrak last week (though I tried). The salesman I've been working with scheduled time with me to order but all we ended up doing was going through the Build & Price together and paying my $1000 refundable deposit.
Update: Called the Ford customer # and they confirmed that an order was placed for a Big Bend on 01/25 and that my dealer is able to convert that back to a reservation. I called my dealer and talked to the inventory manager. He says that yes, they converted my reservation to an order and because my reservation was for a Big Bend, that's what it shows as now. He says that that's just part of the process. They convert the reservations to orders and then go back through and change all the details (trim, options, etc.) after. I scheduled time with him tomorrow morning to change all those details to my actual order. I'll update again after this whole process is finished and correct (whatever I have to do to make it that way).

jwalke22

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just found out my dealer ordered my Bronco on the 21st. We didn’t even meet them until 25th and decided we didn’t want to go with them. Now Ford is involved, canceling and switching to another dealer

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update: Called the Ford customer # and they confirmed that an order was placed for a Big Bend on 01/25 and that my dealer is able to convert that back to a reservation. I called my dealer and talked to the inventory manager. He says that yes, they converted my reservation to an order and because my reservation was for a Big Bend, that's what it shows as now. He says that that's just part of the process. They convert the reservations to orders and then go back through and change all the details (trim, options, etc.) after. I scheduled time with him tomorrow morning to change all those details to my actual order. I'll update again after this whole process is finished and correct (whatever I have to do to make it that way).
As others posted, alot of dealers did this to lock in a customer from switching. Glad it back fired in their face, as Ford stepped in. Just remember if you're not happy with your deal you can always go to another dealership. The power of the reservation is in the customer hands. ?

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would you know if your dealer used your reservation? Does it show on your Ford account?
Same thing happened to me. You know the dealer inputted something because on your Ford acct page, it has an order date of 01/20/2021 and in the upper left corner it says In-Store order. I didn't contact my dealer until two days later to convert my order. So how did my acct. get an in-store order date of 1/20/2021, .....a clairvoyant dealer.....not.