Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a valid GOVX account you can go through the automotive section and use TrueCar to find vehicles to buy at a member discount. Dealerships have an agreement with GOVX/TrueCar to honor those certificates unless it gives you and message to contact the dealer. As you can guess, they are not honoring the certificates. Instead they are marking up 10K, 15K, or even 40K - yes the same as if you did not have membership through GOVX. It is fine for them to markup but they should not be listing it on the member website.

Iv'e contacted over 20 car dealerships by phone, text or email and every one has had a markup of at least 10K on vehicles they list as low markup, MSRP or below MSRP.

Today I contacted TrueCar to make them aware of the issue. They are going to elevate the issue to management for the dealerships not honoring the certificates. Out of this process I hope to pressure TrueCar to pressure the dealerships to list actual markups in the member certificates. This will help to identify those with the lowest markups so GOVX members can make a more informed decision in our search for a Bronco outside of the res/ordering process.

Those of you who ordered through a dealer that is honoring your membership, don't be shocked if you see your VIN on the website. They are required to show your vehicle to get the discount. That means those of us who are looking for those rare gems, we will often come across a vehicle that is already spoken for (well unless they pass on it :)

If you are a member and run into the same issue please call their support number. The more we get reporting this the more we have a chance of seeing some small change. 1-833-974-3385

Below are some pics of the GOVX/TrueCar website as I went through this process. The representative said I should hear back from TrueCar and if I do then I'll post an update. Sorry for the long thread and if this has been covered already, I did a search but hadn't seen anything on it.
Ford Bronco Dealers Not Honoring Member Certificates thru GOVX Auto Buying by TrueCar GovX Discount not being honored

Ford Bronco Dealers Not Honoring Member Certificates thru GOVX Auto Buying by TrueCar GOVX TrueCar Hi Price

Ford Bronco Dealers Not Honoring Member Certificates thru GOVX Auto Buying by TrueCar GOVX TrueCar Low Price

Ford Bronco Dealers Not Honoring Member Certificates thru GOVX Auto Buying by TrueCar GOVX TrueCar You about to go broke message lol
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, you’re wasting time. I would just move on, as it’s been documented here for a over a year that it’s not going to be offered. Nothing is going to change that until at least MY23.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Am I to understand that you never actually placed a reservation or ordered a Bronco but are now trying to purchase one at what is essentially new vehicle launch a discount price?

Good luck. There are folks here who DID reserve and order but still cant get a Bronco even at full price.

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have used TrueCar for a couple of my car purchases and was happy with the results. I hope they follow through and either remove the dealers from their approved list or, even better, convince them to honor the certificates.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, you’re wasting time. I would just move on, as it’s been documented here for a over a year that it’s not going to be offered. Nothing is going to change that until at least MY23.
I dont disagree with you but it really doesnt take much time so I'm good with stoking the fire a bit 😂

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have used TrueCar for a couple of my car purchases and was happy with the results. I hope they follow through and either remove the dealers from their approved list or, even better, convince them to honor the certificates.
This is my first time using it so I hope they follow through at some point.

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I to understand that you never actually placed a reservation or ordered a Bronco but are now trying to purchase one at what is essentially new vehicle launch a discount price?

Good luck. There are folks here who DID reserve and order but still cant get a Bronco even at full price.
Wow you went there and you are completely wrong... you bring a bad name to B6G and that's hard to do... you obviously didnt take even one second to look at my sig. I have a 4dr BD, MIC (used to be soft), 2.3, Man, Mid... This isn't about trying to get a Bronco as much as it is about letting TrueCar know that dealerships are taking advantage of a site (GOVX) which is there to support military shoppers. But you missed the point because you probably didnt even take the time to look at GOVX. Oh well. But remember we on the same team.... get the best info to res holders.
Sponsored